Commercial Skip Sunsetting

It’s no use arguing with this character any more. Let him hire a criminal DEFENSE lawyer. He’ll need one to defend himself from being terminally stupid.

3 Likes

I have no idea what you are talking about, I bought my Tablo Dual Refurbished off Table’s Refurbished Website where this was advertised , below. I am tired of you Trolls. I asked the Tablo support to get involved so I don’t have to deal with people like you arguing a issue which is not a fact.

Tablo

[Refurbished] Tablo DUAL LITE OTA DVR .

The Tablo Dual Lite Over-The-Air DVR is for people that don’t need to record more than 2 shows at once. This DVR features 2 OTA ATSC tuners, Automatic Commercial Skip, & more. Refurbished Tablo OTA DVRs are restored, tested, updated with new…

Wow, you are out of control. Go for it MR, sue me. I already have a defense Law Firm. Now, FULL STOP, I reported this to Tablo and I will deal with them on this ussye.

Gary
http://zarzycki.net/law

Are there any adults on this tire other then these children that want to badger someone asking for help?

" I am NOT a happy camper. I purchased the Tablo Dual Lite DVR because of the DVR Commercial Function. I just received it onSeptember 21,2022, set it up September 22, 2022 and started my recording with Commercial Skip on the Trial Premium service. Worked great the shows I recorded on September 23, 2022. Then suddenly today it stopped working. I went online to trouble shoot the issue, and to my Surprise, you stopped this service today, September 24, 2022. YOU NEVER warned your customers purchasing the units during this sunsetting window that you were doing this and sold us these units under false pretenses. Now I have no use for this unit and will be returning it. Furthermore I had recommended to my friend, as he wanted the DVR with Commercial Skip so as to rip to his Plex server. He received his unit Today, Sepetember 24,2022. I told him about this, and he said he would also return his unit.

It would be proper and legal if you did one of two things, first being notify customers prior to their purchases, Not possible now, so your second option would be to change your sunsetting plan to warn people now, and reset the sunset to September 24,2022 and allow people who purchased their units prior to that date to have this feature. I suggest you do this.

Gary Zarzycki

• created

5h

• [

last reply

](Commercial Skip Sunsetting - #23 by GaryZ)

2m

replies

views

users

links

zippy

4h

I assume you read the commercial skip info on the tablotv WEB site before you purchaed your unit. They announce on May 31, 2022 that as of July 19th new tablo’s couldn’t order CS.

I I have no idea what your friend is trying to do. On tablo the actual total physical is still there after CS processing. CS is a temporal thing and not a physical thing. People who RIP to plex run comskip after the rip. Or atleast I did when I wasted time and CPU cycles ripping recordings.

GaryZ

4h

There was no notice on the website when I and my friend purchased their Refurb units. Thus we were not aware of this. I have hard copies of this. You can announce all you want, but when buyers are not informed in any way, this was a clear case of mis-representation. I want and purchased a DVR with built in Comercial Skip processing in September 21, 2022, started to use it then it was taken away from me.

Tablo

[Refurbished] Tablo DUAL LITE OTA DVR

The Tablo Dual Lite Over-The-Air DVR is for people that don’t need to record more than 2 shows at once. This DVR features 2 OTA ATSC tuners, Automatic Commercial Skip, & more. Refurbished Tablo OTA DVRs are restored, tested, updated with new…

As far as my friend, as I stated, he ordered his September 22, 2022 received it today, September 24, 2022 and yet to set it up. He bought his under the same pretenses that it would record without commercials, then use the Tablo Ripper to convert it to Plex compatible MP4 directly to his Plex server, He does not use comskip, nor would he want to spend hours in a multi-process to process a 45 minute program when he planed on doing it in one step.

Gary Zarzycki

2 Replies

zippy

4h

I assume since you thought CS was important to you, you actually read all the information available about CS on the tablo tv WEB site.

tablotv.com

Sunsetting Automatic Commercial Skip for New Tablo Customers

Automatic Commercial Skip has been a popular feature for some Tablo Over-the-Air DVR owners. However, starting July 19th 2022, this feature will no longer be offered on newly activated Tablo DVRs.

1 Reply

3rdRockOKC

GaryZ

3h

I’m confused, you keep stating today as being August 24, 2022, but today is September 24, 2022.

Secondly, as @zippy stated, Tablos purchased on or after July 19, 2022 would not receive a free trial of Commercial Skip. Since you stated you purchased a refurbished unit, I guess it is possible that somehow it was already activated on that unit, but again, the last day to order Commercial Skip was on August 23, 2022 and not September 23, 2022.

If you did actually receive your unit on August 21, 2022, you’ve had it for over a month and your free trial (which you shouldn’t have been eligible for in the first place) has run out.

I do agree that it’s possible that Tablo should have done a better job of publicizing that Commercial Skip was no longer available, but as the buyer, you also have a certain amount of responsibility to throughly check out what you are purchasing.

1 Reply

GaryZ

3h

First, let me restate, I made an error I will correct now. I said August, I meant September, a embarrassing mistake. So, I will state it again. I purchased my unit September 21, 2022, set it up September 22, 2022, During the 30 trial period of Premium Service recorded with Commercial skip on September 23, 2022. Then on September 24th 2022, they stopped the service on me. Not giving me enough time to setup, test and decide using the unit under the trial time. The documentation did not include any warning of this, not was their anything on the website purchase site,

Never seen this notice, it is not on the Tablo Refurb Purchase site where I purchased my Tablo, which it states “Automatic Commercial Skip, & more” With that said, I need not say more. It is a clear case of misrepresentation. The law requires for Tablo to remove that statement and make it clear that feature will no longer be available. I had planned on purchasing the yearly subscription once I knew all worked as I needed within the trial period. Tablo did not give me the time to do this nor was I aware of this September 24th date since it was not published on the Tablo website, My Friend purchased his on September 22, 2022 and received it today on September 24, 2022, again, purchased if off the Refurb site which did not give this warning, and advertised it has the “Commercial Skip feature”,

Again, it would make it right for all to change te sunset date to say purchases after September 23rd, 2022 would not have the Commercial Skip feature, and put the notice on the web page where people purchase the equipment,

Gary Zarzycki

1 Reply

GaryZ

zippy

3h

I never been to the website. I read somewhere just to turn on the checkbox for Commercial skip. This still does not satisfy the requirement to put the warning on the actual purchase site and remove the :“Automatic Commercial Skip & More” That is where it sold me and my friend on the unit.

Gary

1 Reply

GaryZ

3rdRockOKC

3h

BTW, it is NOT the buyers responsibility to search for something unknown, PERIOD. It is up to the seller to make sure there is the proper features to be advertised and remove and make clear features that have been removed. This is the law.

Gary Zarzycki,

djk44883

3h

You were grossly misinformed or completely misunderstood Tablo’s Automatic Commercial Skip.

It was neverbuilt in” as it was a " Premium Service subscription"

There was never a completed recording without commercials. --It does not “record without commercials” this is a false pretense. Tablo returns time for the playlist to skip over the commercials via it’s player.

Kind of sounds like the Facebook defense. “I read somewhere” isn’t necessarily a credible source. If you could read somewhere, why not go to the source of the device and get the facts… if you’re going to read about it… even if you’re not legally required?

When you begin your lawsuit, a criminal defense lawyer likely isn’t your best choice.

1 Reply

This topic will close a year after the last reply.

ShareBookmarkFlagReply

Watching

You will receive notifications because you created this topic.

Suggested Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
TV Shows wont list

Support & Troubleshooting|0|19|3h|
|Tablo Crashing Daily

Support & Troubleshooting|5|84|9h|
|Updated tuners on new Dual Tablo?

Support & Troubleshooting|38|900|Oct '21|
|No Audio on NVIDIA Shield TV and Chromecast w/ G-TV

Support & Troubleshooting|5|533|Mar 16|
|Weak Signal that is not really a weak signal

Support & Troubleshooting|1|190|Aug 8|

There is 1 unread and 3 new topics remaining, or browse other topics in Support & Troubleshooting

I actually went to the link you provided. Unless Tablo came in on their day off, and edited the website, it does not mention commercial skip anywhere on the link.

What is does show is a preview of the link (not the actual link) which has the commercial skip.

Since you can’t buy it from the preview, and the link you provided doesn’t mention it, not sure you have a complaint…

3 Likes

@GaryZ, please stop harassing the long time users of the Tablo products. They have calmly tried to explain everything, and have done a very good job of it.

Please stop calling them “children” or “trolls”. And please quit claiming that the Tablo folks are committing fraud. Every argument you have stated has been refuted already.

2 Likes

I quoted it directly from your, now edited, second post, just the facts :wink:

DVR with built in Comercial Skip processing

Nope. I find your confrontational tone amusing. Just kind’a board for the time being. You started the negative tone, don’t care for any rebuttal… :poop:

Right - but corporations don’t go to jail like [people] criminals. If you’re looking for compensation, it would be a civil offense. A criminal defense lawyer would be for the “bad” party.

If you want a private interaction with Tablo Support - Tablo Support | Over The Air (OTA) DVR | Tablo This is a Community Forum. Although different “TabloTv” parties pass by… often direct you to support for actual official assistance. You start fussing, people are going to notice and thing you may be open to understand what happened to upset you.

OK - this isn’t fun any more bye-by

So what are GaryZ’s damages? He’s unhappy with the product and has decided to return it for a refund, assuming he’s within the return period. Seems to me that nothing further is required on Tablo’s part.

As a myriad of users have already pointed out, Tablo had clearly made it known that the Commercial Skip feature was going away, so I won’t even touch on that. And has also been noted, users wanting commercial skip do have other options.

Yep. The entertainment value for this topic is gone.

“Gary” came in like a wet hornet, didn’t want to listen to the “trolls” on these forums (yet he started the topic here) and the link he has been posting with his name, is dead.

I’m not sure the purpose of him even posting his complaints here.
But then, I’m not a lawyer.

1 Like

First, I have no idea how to use this forum so this will be for all. There was maybe a couple valuable comments, then people started attacking me, thus you are right, this topic is done, and I will wait for support to reply to me. This is all I mentioned initially, which was a valid comment,. Topic Ended FULL STOP

" I am NOT a happy camper. I purchased the Tablo Dual Lite DVR because of the DVR Commercial Function. I just received it on September 21,2022, set it up September 22, 2022 and started my recording with Commercial Skip on the Trial Premium service. Worked great the shows I recorded on September 23, 2022. Then suddenly today it stopped working. I went online to trouble shoot the issue, and to my Surprise, you stopped this service today, September 24, 2022. YOU NEVER warned your customers purchasing the units during this sunsetting window that you were doing this and sold us these units under false pretenses. Now I have no use for this unit and will be returning it. Furthermore I had recommended to my friend, as he wanted the DVR with Commercial Skip so as to rip to his Plex server. He received his unit Today, September 24,2022. I told him about this, and he said he would also return his unit.

It would be proper and legal if you did one of two things, first being notify customers prior to their purchases, Not possible now, so your second option would be to change your sunsetting plan to warn people now, and reset the sunset to September 24,2022 and allow people who purchased their units prior to that date to have this feature. I suggest you do this.

Gary Zarzycki
http://zarzycki.net/law "

I’m not a lawyer, but I have watched many Judge Judy episodes.
I’m having trouble finding the damages part of a hypothetical lawsuit in your case.

You stated you purchased a Tablo with a trial premium service subscription, which included commercial skip.
Much to your surprise, commercial skip is going away.
Understand your disappointment.

However, the trial premium service subscription is free, and you can return your Tablo for a refund, right?
What damages did you incur?

Forgive me, if I missed something.

1 Like

Oh My God, is this what it has come to. I NEVER said I was filing a law suit, nor did I ever bring up legal action against Tablo. This was some of the crazy users here that had nothing better to do but to create disinformation and badgering. Sure, a couple users gave some suggestions. This is what I posted, along with Tablo’s Ad that says “Automatic Commercial Skip & More”. This is why I purchased the Tablo on September 21st, 2022. Nothing says a suit, or a legal action against Tablo, this sets the record straight. FULL STOP

"I am NOT a happy camper. I purchased the Tablo Dual Lite DVR because of the DVR Commercial Function. I just received it onSeptember 21,2022, set it up September 22, 2022 and started my recording with Commercial Skip on the Trial Premium service. Worked great the shows I recorded on September 23, 2022. Then suddenly today it stopped working. I went online to trouble shoot the issue, and to my Surprise, you stopped this service today, September 24, 2022. YOU NEVER warned your customers purchasing the units during this sunsetting window that you were doing this and sold us these units under false pretenses. Now I have no use for this unit and will be returning it. Furthermore I had recommended to my friend, as he wanted the DVR with Commercial Skip so as to rip to his Plex server. He received his unit Today, Sepetember 24,2022. I told him about this, and he said he would also return his unit.

It would be proper and legal if you did one of two things, first being notify customers prior to their purchases, Not possible now, so your second option would be to change your sunsetting plan to warn people now, and reset the sunset to September 24,2022 and allow people who purchased their units prior to that date to have this feature. I suggest you do this."

My apologies for misunderstanding.
I probably need more coffee.

However, you did mention that it would be proper, and legal
Implying something they did was not legal.

You also keep posting a web link, which points to a website for your law practice.
Congratulations, by the way.

It’s Sunday morning, after a long, and hard work week.
I hope it’s as beautiful where you are, as it is by me.

2 Likes

Coffee, get me a cup. :upside_down_face:
I was not intending it to imply something was illegal, I was implying that it would be the best way to handle the issue and be acceptable for everyone. All I am suggestion to Tablo is to change the date to a product purchase date instead of the Premium Service purchase date, There are several people, maybe much more that may have been caught up in the gray area window, purchasing the Tablo a couple days prior to the sunset date and spending time getting everything dialed in and test then losing out on the Commercial Skip feature as they are a day or two in their in the 30 days full access trial period.

BTW, I run the website off my Apache server, but I am retired, and this is my sons law firm now which supports me in this issue. I have not posted the link anymore as all it did was bring out kids that want to make fun of the issue and the law firm and not be productive in giving information on my issue.

Thanks,
Gary

Having a cup in your honor.

My son followed my career footsteps as well.
I love being able to say I tought him everything he knows.
He responds with, “yeah, sure.” lol

As @zippy posted above in the link about commercial skip being sunsetted, Tablo did offer such a period of time from July 19, 2022 when the free 30 day trials of the premium subscription service were no longer offered to new subscribers, until August 23, 2022 where new subscribers were still able to purchase the premium subscription.

The problem with your argument is that the last day to purchase the premium subscription service for commercial skip was August 23, 2022, nearly a month before you purchased your Tablo. If commercial skip did actually work for you for one day, that was purely an accident and I’m sorry it has caused you so much confusion.

As multiple people have stated, the Tablo website you claimed to have purchased your Tablo from, does not mention commercial skip as a feature.

2 Likes

Thanks, was it French Roast, :joy:

I am into Computer net working and Web Servers now, with programming on the side.At 75 eyes going south just hobbies now. My Son knows everything, NOT ! But he thinks so. 40 now and thinks he has the world by the gonads,

I made my point, it was valid. FULL STOP

It was french roast! lol
Good taste, my brother. :slight_smile:

Sons are a trip, and daughters are on another level.
My son believes he’s smarter than me.
My daughter, however, knows she’s smarter than me.

OMG, and you didn’t save me a cup :slight_smile:

I am lucky I suppose, I only have a Son to put me down. :slight_smile:

Friends, are you aon Facebook, better place to be friends to chit chat? I’m there with my name.

Take care friend,
Gary