Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Fyi. I was finally able to enter ip address. Its works. But seems to be a little odd. Testing recording.

CycleJ, I’ve been doing software development for 20 years now. I’d like to volunteer to help support Tablo Ripper. I guess you can send me a message through the forum here and we’ll figure out better means to communicate after that. Thanks!

@Nilex @whbyrd @bosimpson @ @mjremijan

Would some brave soul please download/install version 2.4.2 (from the GitHub site) and provide feedback?

Thanks!

OBTW - I really wish people would stick to posting in this topic instead of creating new topics when problems arise. Please?

1 Like

I downloaded and I’m running v 2.4.2 64 bit. It is once again allowing me to select which Tablo I’m looking for by name and not just ip address.
Thanks.

1 Like

works

1 Like

Same here. I got v2.4.2 and when it started it found my Tablo and got the list of recordings. No error dialog. Foreground download worked as well.

1 Like

Working for me as well.

1 Like

Thanks for all the testing, I’ll finalize the update.

Everyone that doesn’t have this new version will get a notification next time they open the app.

Forever thankful for your effort on this software. Update works like a charm.

1 Like

Hi - recently updated to the newest version for the TLS update, and now each time I open the Tablo Ripper app, the background service reports that the connection to my Tablo has been lost. When the app finishes refreshing, the background service then immediately reports the connection has been reestablished. What’s causing the interaction/interference now?

As always, the first step is to enable logging, repeat the operation, open the log and take a look at the end of the file to see what just happened. If nothing pops out at you, please send me your log (using a PM) and I’ll take a look.

The step I always forget - disable logging once you’re past the issue - it just takes up space!

CycleJ,

Love the program and typically, it works great. I typically select which episodes I want to rip and occasionally, (like now) it will “hang” and give a note like “-2,147,483,648% In The Heat Of The Night” and will not start ripping. I can look at the program on Tablo and the only difference I see is that this episode starts with a “under 14 year old” viewer warning. I have updated to the latest version of Ripper (2.4.2) which made no difference. Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Steve

Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks,

Steve

The “% complete” is a rough estimation based on the reported file size for each episode selected. That data is not always correct, but doesn’t influence how, or how long, it takes to rip.

My advice is to ignore any display anomalies. I’m not sure why a given episode would fail to rip, but that’s what the log file is for.

OK, so I thought I could scale up to a 5T hard drive… In the end I have data on an old drive that I can’t copy onto the new. The ripper, at this point, shows “unexpected exception, error occurred on a send”, which is fine at this point, although a concern for later action, as I am not interested in ripping from that source.
How do I rip directly from the old drive using my PC? Can it only rip directly from the Tablo? I am using windows 10 and downloaded the Linux file system in order to view numbered files. Can I do anything at this point to recover them?

Order matters. You should have ripped from the old drive, deleting as you go. Then upgraded to the new drive.

No, TabloRipper can’t salvage your recordings at this point. Sorry.

You won’t/can’t actually “rip” them. It is kind of possible to save shows, it’s a PITA, as there’s not DB to reference show titles. (presuming you can access the filesystem with your OS)-

I understand you’ve officially stopped development, while Tablo Ripper is still widely used (I presume it’s highly functional, and little has changed) FYI: The link from your wiki page explaining how it conforms to Plex naming conventions is now dead - 404.

Thanks for letting me know. Although I no longer have a Tablo available for development, I’d like to keep supporting it for those of you that still find it useful. Updating a broken link falls into the “easy” category, and it’s fixed now.

Also, I posted a beta a while back to address an issue someone raised regarding the ability to send a notification when your Tablo goes offline. I haven’t heard back, so I’m optimistic the beta took care of the issue and updated the release version with this change. If anyone has a problem, please let me know and I’ll do what I can to address it.

1 Like

I missed that somewhere along the line. If it’s now classified, what did you “upgrade” to? Custom designed PC based OTA DVR beautifully working exactly how you want things to be in an ideal world?!

I’m having a problem with 2.4.3. There are some titles at the top that being with what looks like the “" character (see screenshot). If I try to download any of these, Tablo Ripper shows the “Load Recording List” dialog box again then the UI refreshes and the recording I selected is no longer in the “Selected Recordings” list on the right. The other recordings that do not begin with the "” character (see screenshot) can download fine.

tr