Tablo Ripper Windows 10

I just installed Tablo Ripper on Windows 10 and am getting the below error.

Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

while waiting you can try the search:
2 results forException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

but this was very unusual, and the user was/is in denial

1 Like

Tablo ripper has been working fine on windows 10 here for months even after the update from 1909 to 2004… that is until this morning. MS applied another bundle of patches and although the ripper starts and has no issue finding the tablo quad nor the recordings still on the quad it will not download. I can choose a single recording or a bunch it doesn’t seem to matter. The behavior is that the “Selected Recordings” pop up appears like usual but it sits there and does nothing. I can confirm there is nothing wrong with the tablo quad because I have no problem downloading the “hard” way using wget etc… win 10 update history indicates a cumulative bundle for win 10 2004 and another for .net framework 3.5 and 4.8. Maybe the .net patches broke the ripper?

wget transfers files, try using ffmpeg to stream a playlist to an mp4 (which is what Tablo Ripper likely does)… to confirm nothing is wrong… yes, if you can access your tablo by conventional means - nothing is wrong with your tablo - but that doesn’t help with your struggles :frowning:

ffmpeg -i "http://tabloIP:18080/pvr/12345/pl/playlist.m3u8" -af volume=10dB -c:0 copy "FileName.mp4"

-note, tabloIP is the IP of your tablo and 12345 will need to be replaced with an actual directory on your system. LOTS of stuff scrolling by is ok, generally good, you can toss in -loglevel warning -i to avoid it

Now that’s the hard way to export a video -_-
w g e t 4 letter command? …hard way? :neutral_face:

I call wget the hard way because it pulls all the 5 minute .ts files individually which must then be stitched together and saved as is or converted with something like ffmpeg. ffmpeg works the way you described but it takes too long since it is both copying and converting. The 5 minute .ts files can be concatenated easily with unix cat command… the point is there is nothing wrong with the tablo. Something broke the windows based ripper. I can only assume it was the windows or .net cumulative patches I mentioned.

If you haven’t already, turn on the logging in TabloRipper and post a relevant part of the log in the TabloRipper thread. The developer of TabloRipper watches that thread:

1 Like

Thanks but curiously I enabled logging today expecting to have to post some detail that might have helped sorting this out but the ripper is now working as it should. There have been no additional win10 patches applied from MS so the issue yesterday must have due to something else going on at my end that I have not yet figured out.

1 Like


Make sure your tablo firmware is up to date. The problem should have been solved with tablo ver 2.2.30. Follow this link: Tablo Ripper 2.4.1 Stopped working after 2.2.26 update [SOLVED] IP Address problem