Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Order matters. You should have ripped from the old drive, deleting as you go. Then upgraded to the new drive.

No, TabloRipper can’t salvage your recordings at this point. Sorry.

You won’t/can’t actually “rip” them. It is kind of possible to save shows, it’s a PITA, as there’s not DB to reference show titles. (presuming you can access the filesystem with your OS)-

I understand you’ve officially stopped development, while Tablo Ripper is still widely used (I presume it’s highly functional, and little has changed) FYI: The link from your wiki page explaining how it conforms to Plex naming conventions is now dead - 404.

Thanks for letting me know. Although I no longer have a Tablo available for development, I’d like to keep supporting it for those of you that still find it useful. Updating a broken link falls into the “easy” category, and it’s fixed now.

Also, I posted a beta a while back to address an issue someone raised regarding the ability to send a notification when your Tablo goes offline. I haven’t heard back, so I’m optimistic the beta took care of the issue and updated the release version with this change. If anyone has a problem, please let me know and I’ll do what I can to address it.

1 Like

I missed that somewhere along the line. If it’s now classified, what did you “upgrade” to? Custom designed PC based OTA DVR beautifully working exactly how you want things to be in an ideal world?!

I’m having a problem with 2.4.3. There are some titles at the top that being with what looks like the “" character (see screenshot). If I try to download any of these, Tablo Ripper shows the “Load Recording List” dialog box again then the UI refreshes and the recording I selected is no longer in the “Selected Recordings” list on the right. The other recordings that do not begin with the "” character (see screenshot) can download fine.

tr

An asterisk at the beginning of the file name indicates the recording was “incomplete”, and most likely not the full show. There’s a setting on the “configuration” table to “skip incomplete” and it’s likely you have that option selected. If you deselect that option you’ll be able to rip your shows, but you may not like what you get.

Gotcha, thanks

Wouldn’t it have been helpful to have added something like (*=incomplete) near the listing… :poop:

a note along with these. I’m not entire sure as to these settings, I have incomplete recordings (signal excuse) - showing in other 3rd parts apps as 0 or 1sec in length and/or no size. They do have a seg.ts but incomplete playlist.

If it’s dirty and/or unfinished… it just isn’t there beyond an “entry” or it’s unlikely possible there was an attempt to export these and it was unsuccessful. tablo’s UI show’s a single failed instance.

Greetings,
Hope all is well with you and your family. We are doing fine up here in the great white north… :slight_smile:

I am replying in this thread to see if anything has been implemented for customization. And, where the latest version may be found.

Best Regards,
CCR

The OP link is still the right place to start.

Stay warm up there.

I can’t get Tablo Ripper to run. I’ve been using 2.4.1 for quite some time now. Its been fantastic. Yesterday it hung up and eventually crashed. I rebooted and now the program won’t start. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can’t get it to run. So I down loaded 2.4.3, uninstalled 2.4.1, and installed 2.4.3. Tablo Ripper still won’t start. Strange behavior. BTW, I am running Win10 Home on a laptop. Any thoughts.

What we, aka users, consider “uninstalling a program” isn’t always synonymous with what Windows, other OSs or developers consider a program to be uninstalled.

When a program is uninstalled it’s likely “traces” of it are lift behind, such as configuration data and other personal settings not created my the installer. (It’s not always like this, but most often - not deleting something the “installer” it didn’t explicitly create)

If you believe there’s something that’s flubbed up Tablo Ripper, you may consider digging through and wiping out anything it leaves behind – maybe :frowning:

Thanks djk. I feel that Tablo Ripper left behind a configuration file or a database that is corrupt. But I can seem to find them. They are not in the Program File folder. I keep looking. I just fired up Tablo Ripper on another computer and hope the log file might shed some lite.

Process of elimination… if it works on another PC, then your tablo works, and (not doubt) Tablo Ripper works as designed.

I’m not really a Windows user, but I believe configuration “stuff” is usually saved in the user profile under some burred, probably even .hidden :frowning: it’s like

C:\Users\[username]\AppData but it may follow it’s own strategy for local configuration data.

…then again, it may be related to something entirely different, you just asked “Any thoughts” - I was just thinking, about stuff :neutral_face: Hope things go well!!!

Thanks again djk. AppData was one thing I did not check. Just went there and didn’t find any thing obvious. But I am beginning to think it is something like this. Tablo Ripper seems to be creating a database of Tablo recordings. It was during a refresh of recordings when it hung up. I think if I can find that database and delete it, Ripper might re-create it. But I’m just guessing. Thanks for ideas, one of these will pan out.

1 Like

Try ProgramData\TabloRipper.

Thanks Nilex. I was hopeful when you posted this. The ProgramData\TabloRipper directory has a lot of cache information. So I removed the directory. Uninstalled TabloRipper and reinstalled. No help at all. I double click on the program and nothing happens. Strange indeed.

First question to ask is: what changed?

@Nilex is correct, uninstall TabloRipper and delete the files in that folder and you’ll get a completely fresh install next time.

When “nothing happens”, does a log file appear in program data?

Thanks for responding Cycle J. When I deleted the Program Data folder, uninstalled Tablo Ripper and reinstalled, a new Program Data folder was created, but was empty. I tried to start Tablo Ripper by double clicking on the program on the start menu. Nothing happened that I could detect. The program data folder is still empty. No log file. I’m going to try again, this time with my fire wall and anti virus off. Maybe??? Thanks