FF Preview?

Any ETA on a FF/RWD preview window for Roku?

This is the #1 feature my wife and I yearn for when using this product every night!

I second that request!

No ETA’s yet, sorry! But I’ll make sure to pass along the enthusiasm :slight_smile:

@TabloSupport - wrt “No ETA yet”, does that mean you are going to ship this feature? If yes, has work started? This is my second reply of this nature on a thread tonight. It would be fair to prospective buyers to differentiate features that are definitely coming vs features that you are considering because you’ve had a lot of requests.

I still still believe this request will not be done.  WatchESPN is the Roku app most like the Tablo since it streams live and recorded TV, and it has no FF or REW preview.  

It is one thing to make it work with pre-recorded video like Netflix and Amazon.  It is another to do it with constantly updated live video.

But we will see.  I have no problems using the timeline to determine how far to FF or REW.

Oh, I’m not wanting it for live content, I’m wanting it to watch my recorded events.

Try watching a news cast where you want to see a particular story and you have no idea where in the news cast the story is.  You will rip your hair out trying to find it!

I still still believe this request will not be done.

Thatt's nice of you to share. My question is directed to @TabloSupport. I hear "stay tuned" and "no ETA yet" a lot. If there is no decision yet to actually implement the feature, it would be good to adopt a different phrase.

I am sure they will look into the possibility of that feature with their Roku programmer.   Until they know for certain that it isn’t feasible to do it, then Tablo will keep saying what they have been saying.

You can tell when Tablo is likely to implement a new feature, because they will say “soon”.  They have never said “soon” with this.

Can you put this into the html and ipad app too please.  That would be cool. Thank you.

@jkline We don’t have any ETA on this as we’re waiting for a few things to be sorted out in the development process at the moment. We understand that it’s a popular feature request, and it’s getting our attention. We can’t guarantee anything at this point - all we can share is that we’re looking into it. Sorry if ‘no ETA’ introduced some confusion here!

@tablosupport Your team needs another PM who can put together actual roadmaps and focus on communications with customers. We appreciate your support discussion and involvement, but it’s not terribly informative most of the time. Not your fault, since you’re at the mercy of the information that the dev team feeds you. Which is why I suggested what I did.

@kf4wvk Thanks for the feedback - but that’s what me and @TabloTV are here for! 

That being said, most companies don’t share a transparent road map, or even nailed down ETA’s because they can’t. It’s not usually the best way for us to announce new features.  Not to mention the time constraints and pressure it would put on the dev team. Things change all the time, and this constantly effects the release cycle and roadmap as a whole. 

So in the meantime, we’re here to help, answer questions and get a feel for what you guys really want, and then we’ll do our best to deliver. Thanks for your understanding!

@TabloSupport one time a manager of mine asked me to mock up a web app that could install selected software on PCs. He asked me to have it done on Friday. Well, head to the grindstone, I made it workable for Friday. Then he told people about it and they started using it!!! I hated that. I feel for developers that have “people” that will tell others what is coming next week :wink:

That being said, what is coming next week??? :stuck_out_tongue:

@tablosupport OK then how about that Roku bug I posted a week ago? I’d like to know if it’s logged as a bug in your bug tracker.

@kf4wvk Yep, it has been. We communicate with the devs pretty often on this stuff. We work in the same office as our development staff, so we can march up to them pretty easily to communicate feedback and/or issues.

As for an ETA - none yet. We’re pretty much in the middle of a revamp of the whole Roku channel, so we’ve made sure to include as much user feedback as possible in this process.

@belgiangenius I wholeheartedly agree!!!  I HATE trying to FF through a recorded show and have no idea where the commercials start or end, or if you are looking for a specific scene.  This issue IS a real hair puller and there must be someway to make thumbnails available.  I don’t know of anyone who owns a DVR or that watches streaming  that doesn’t expect this basic feature.

@kf4wvk Yep, it has been. We communicate with the devs pretty often on this stuff. We work in the same office as our development staff, so we can march up to them pretty easily to communicate feedback and/or issues.

As for an ETA - none yet. We’re pretty much in the middle of a revamp of the whole Roku channel, so we’ve made sure to include as much user feedback as possible in this process.

Great news!
Do your developers have an idea which platform will have ff preview first, Fire TV (when the app is released), or the Roku?
I am looking at cutting the cord, and this is the only thing holding us back…
Keep up the good work.

@mattp Hmmm can’t really say for sure for that one. Sorry! We hope you’ll join us soon.

Oh, we already own the tablo 4 tuner unit. We currently are using both uverse and the tablo… Though, we aren’t planning on getting rid of uverse until the ff preview is working on either roku or fire tv.

Looking forward to the Roku love on the horizon.