Tablo Tools - Bulk Export/Delete on Win/Mac/Linux

Yes, I manually entered the Export Path

When I go to a recording and click the download icon to export, it shows the original ‘default’ path.

Today, I decided to just go ahead and export the file. It goes to the Export Path I had set up (!), not the one displayed. So there’s a new bread crumb for you!
It then complains that the file doesn’t exist, but it does (just in D:\Videos… like I want!)

[edit] And just to be clear, that messy path from a few days ago was after editing it in that export dialog because I thought it was going to send it to the ‘default’ path. I had colons and slashes, but it ignored them when displaying it back to me.

I choose Browse Recordings - Shows & Series; Select a recorded series.

Select Export Video of a [any] episode.

Select the edit pencil icon for the path/filename

Use the drop-down to select a template different from current default - select different template

Select green check - tool tip says “Use by default”

Click save - close

Select a different episode – discover green check “Use by default” is just a useless as ever :cry:

The template you previously selected is not the default but the previous/original default is still in effect.

Thanks for updating @jesse I noticed (and maybe it’s just me) that they don’t display the name (nor thumbnail) of the series.
See screenshot.

It shows never updated and selected tablo as red dot, offline to tablo-tools.

Go to home and discover tablo then refresh.

Apologies for screwing windows up so much, but I hope I have this all working as expected in v0.3.3

I just downloaded the app and I am trying to export recordings of lego masters. I see the recording being exported to the users directory. Then it disappears from the location it was exporting to which is my local user folder on my mac. I have downloaded the most recent version and left everything as is after downloading it.

Any ideas?

When the export finished, did you click the Log button that appears?

Did you close the window (not the app) while it was exporting? That will cancel the export process and remove the file.

Do you have enough disk space? Click the “info” button for the recording to see the approximate size.

didn’t work for me… does the hd have to be connected to the Tablo itself or my pc ?

either way, I’m getting nothing. However, I do see the files in my drive but not from Tablo Tools !

The Tablo itself. I run the Windows version of TabloTools on my PC and access my Tablo with it with no issues.

Elsewhere you’ve post using an HDMI tablo. Without knowing, it seems it may not work with the network “discovery” as it has limited streaming capabilities. One user entered the IP in the “test” tablo setting… there were issues, but this was during beta releases.

Why or how you looked at the UI and suspected there was any reason to disconnect the drive? You may be overthinking it, or just going in too deep.

The HDMI tablo has been reported to work with Tablo Ripper - it may and hopefully work with Tablo Tools but unconfirmed.

1 Like

I use a program called Losslesscut.

It worked like a charm and less than 30 secs for the first episode. It merge the videos into one .No issues.

I don’t think the htmi is even compatible with the tablo tools which frustrated me more to move on and found losslesscut. This may not work with the htmi but it wasn’t confirm to my knowledge at the time. Now that you mentioned, you confirm what I was thinking.

Thanks for getting back and helping

@jesse I’m having trouble getting Settings changes to stick - there is no “Save” icon, specifically for Settings/Naming. Screenshot:

This is v0.3.6 on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave), but I’ve experienced it with prior versions of Tablo Tools as well.

I thought I would be clever and edit tablo_tools_config.json directly, but the complete contents of that file are only:

$ cat ~/Library/Application\ Support/tablo-tools/tablo_tools_config.json ; echo
{"episodePath":"/Volumes/Media/Plex/TabloTools","moviePath":"/Volumes/Media/Plex/Movies","eventPath":"/Volumes/Media/Plex/TabloTools","programPath":"/Volumes/Media/Plex/TabloTools","enableExportData":false,"autoRebuild":true}

You can’t mess with the default template. There’s post earlier as to why there must always be one working template.

Since it’s not what you want, click the green plus
Name it, the click on the fields you want to use - the save and the green check to make it default.

You mistakenly edited what is the basic Export Paths: found on the general tab.

1 Like

click the green plus

Ah, thanks! In my defense, the default appears to be editable - the blue Edit Template button is present. On the other hand, I’m glad it is because that reveals the template for me to copy & paste into mine.

You mistakenly edited what is the basic Export Paths: found on the general tab.

No, that was a red herring that I found in the tablo_tools_config.json file. I didn’t touch that. All along I’d been trying to edit names, not paths.

There’s post earlier as to why there must always be one working template.

Found it: Tablo Tools - Bulk Export/Delete on Win/Mac/Linux - #269 by jesse

really?
it does kind’a tell you where all your settings are stored :wink: the templates are stored in template-naming.db another JSON file, but not really something you want to mess up.

I agree, especially after re-reading the post you dug up. I had recalled discussing it, but not the compete context. It had been a couple years since I’ve been using this and other 3rd party apps – aren’t these things awesome?!

Then naming flexibility and multiple templates in Tablo Tools are… well then you toss in the handlebars. Trim "The ", upper/lower case, pad 0 and more than you never have any idea what to do with. --enjoy

Oh, for sure. I complain because I care. Thanks, @jesse !

3 Likes

Is there a way to export a single recording into multiple files? I’m finding that some shows are encoded so high (4k/8k) that keeping them in a single .mp4 file is problematic.

Thanks for any info.

Chad

What shows are showing encoded as 4K/8K? Only ATSC 3.0 supports 4K so what exactly are you recording with a non ATSC 3.0 Tablo that is ending up as 4K encoding?

2 Likes