Tablo Ripper Not ripping selected files

I select 2 files from my list of recordings and place them in the “selected recordings” on the right side. But, ALL files are being ripped, not just the 2 I selected. Am I missing something.

Thanks so much for any help.

You will want to post in this thread so the Tablo Ripper developer is notified. Tablo Ripper is no longer actively being developed but that’s your best shot.

1 Like

Did you check any of the documentation?

First suggestion is often to enable log. Then as noted, post directly in the “main” Tablo Riper posting the developer gets notified and generally offer assistence!

I thought this was the main thread for rippers. I’m really having a hard time figuring out the format of this forum. I’m new to even using this type of communication. How do I find the topic that you’re directing me to? Thanks a lot I appreciate it

If you look at the Categories of the forum, there is one labeled Tablo Apps, and it has a subsection called Third Party Apps (Rippers etc.).

I must still be confused because it looks like that is where I am posting.

Here’s the intro post to the topic, sorry for the misunderstanding. Click and reply there and you’ll get expert assistance I hope. As noted “post here”

There are many users, someone should have something as well as cyclej getting notified.

We really are here to help, sometimes things get hurried and it’s not always ideal.

1 Like

It is the general category for third party apps, including rippers like Tablo Ripper. The link I posted is to the specific post for the Tablo Ripper app, the post which the developer monitors.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone pointing you to the right place to get my attention. I don’t monitor the entire forum, but I do get notifications in that one main topic for TabloRipper.

Anyway, take a look at the configuration guide sometime.

TabloRipper has two modes, one rips a selection of files in the foreground, the other one rips all new recordings in the background. You’ve triggered both modes. You’ll want to stop the background service if you just want to rip a few files you select manually. There’s a button that starts/stops it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much, and I am going to give up on trying to communicate through the form because I simply could not understand why I wasn’t in the right place. When I clicked on it it looks like I’m there but apparently I’m just not getting it!!!

What @CycleJ does isn’t “a rule”. He’s just not regularly looking at all posts here, just gets notifications about message to a single thread. So, don’t give up on the forums. But do realize how to best reach CycleJ (post on the specific top thread about Tablo Ripper), who is quite helpful even though he’s sort of “out” with regards to Tablo.

I guess that’s the problem, I don’t see a specific thread for “Tablo Ripper”. I see “Tablo Apps” > "Third Party Apps (rippers, etc.).:thinking:

People keep posting it. Click on the link presented below (not the Third Party Apps link, the “Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings” link)

1 Like

I updated to windows 11 and you can no longer see the Gui interface. Is there a way to fix that? It does show the window showing that it is scanning the programs but once that is finished I cant see the main window.

I’m running Windows 11 also and having no problems with Tablo Ripper. As stated in the post above yours, you need to post your question in Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings if you are wanting the program’s developer to respond. I’m guessing that it isn’t a problem with Tablo Ripper, but rather a setting problem with either your web browser or Windows 11.