Tablo Apple TV App (4th Gen) Early Access Program

Hi folks!

We’re getting close to the official production release of the Apple TV app for 4th generation Tablo devices. Woo hoo!

As we work to complete some final tweaks, we would like to invite those interested in early access to sign up as beta testers.

To receive early access to the 4th generation Apple TV app, users must:

• Own at least one 4th generation Tablo DVR
  • Have an active Tablo Community Forum Account and User Name as this is our primary method of gathering feedback
  • Own an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K streaming device
  • Accept the inherent risks associated with testing new software

If you meet these requirements, please complete the following survey:

Space is limited, so we cannot accept all applicants.

Successful candidates will be notified via the Tablo Community Forum and will be given additional instructions on how to access the Apple TV app and where and how to provide feedback.

FAQs

When will a production Apple TV app be available in the App Store?
We don’t have a specific ETA at this time. When we do, we’ll make sure to let everyone know.

I don’t have an Apple TV but I’m interested in beta testing other 4th generation Tablo apps and software. Should I sign up for this?
No. This process is solely for Apple TV users who would like early beta access to the Apple TV app. A separate call for applications to our 4th generation beta team will happen later this year.

15 Likes

Bad timing for me… We got rid of our Apple TV back in December. But this is exciting news!

1 Like

I’m on my way to get mine back! Parents needed it for one app (huh, sound familiar?) and don’t need it anymore. I’m excited… but scared!

1 Like

When is the SAMSUNG app going to be ready??? I was told MONTHS ago it was close…I don’t know what to believe…Why not give me the facts?

1 Like

I know in the past, what was “said” is that pushing apps through Samsung isn’t a great process. That is, the time from being “ready” as a developer, and the time to getting it available via Samsung was huge/difficult.

What I think is interesting, is that for a company (overall) so dependent on Android for their success, they just had to buy their own proprietary Smart TV OS (Tizen). Samsung is one of those companies where there isn’t a lot of communication across divisions. And it shows.

2 Likes

But even their Android system on their tablets feels locked down. Duplicate apps for the simplest task. I hadn’t thought about this until just now. Very good points.

1 Like

Anyone know if it matters which email you use? I’ve got one for the Tablo account and one for the forum.

Doesn’t matter. Just as long as we have a way to get ahold of you.

1 Like

Thank you.

There is always that one person… @dmalone

1 Like

who’s that?

Excited for this app, I filled out the form, and would be happy to beta test, please let me know

1 Like

I signed up as well!! I have three Apple TVs waiting for this app!!

2 Likes

Oh happy day. (Happier if I get chosen.)

Im looking forward for the Beta testing since I have all the Apple TV 4K models plus the original HD version.

Very cool! I just bought my first Tablo device and I’m very interested in using/testing the Apple TV app!

Cool! I’ve submitted the request and am very interested in participating!

Let’s go!

Signed up and excited to test anything needed. Even if I don’t get picked, at least today I learned there is community here. I just got my Tablo 4th quad, have 5 Apple TVs in the family house. I also tinker so have Tablo working on Windows 11s Android subsystem.

1 Like

I definitely would love to test Tablo on my 3 tv’s that have Apple Tv 4k.