Player Error - Could not play live stream

Is Binge On on or off?

I have tried it both ways - no difference.

Definetly cannot stream remotely live except at full this is a real problem I use this quite a bit now doesn’t work.

For me this problem was introduced (or at least much worsened if it was there at all previously) in the latest firmware release 2.2.12. I take Tablo’s word that they’ve found the problem and will fix it in the next beta (and eventually next official release).

If you don’t want to wait, what I did, since I rely on this feature for much of my Tablo value, is to roll back to the previous firmware 2.2.10, which works fine for me. There is a quasi-documented but not much discussed way you can do this yourself without needing to contact and wait for reply from Tablo support. Search the forum for “bank rollover”. This will revert you to the last, previous firmware. (You can actually re-update to the latest firmware at the update nag screen which will then appear whenever you start up Tablo, if you want, and go back and forth multiple times if you like.)

Don’t do this if you are not comfortable working with equipment like Tablo, routers, etc. To roll back to the previous firmware (of course both I and Tablo are NOT responsible if you try this without being advised to do so by them and have an error): press and hold the Tablo’s blue button and IMMEDIATELY unplug the power to the device while still holding the button down; then replug/power the Tablo, still holding the blue button and in a few moments as the flashing blue Tablo blue light turns solid IMMEDIATELY release the blue button.

IMPORTANT: Note that Tablo in the previous bank rollover posting urges not to do this without need and care and talking with them, since if you press the blue button too long before unplugging or after replugging there is a chance you will factory reset the device and lose all your recordings and settings, as you would if you held the blue button down for 5 or more seconds to do a deliberate factory reset. If, on the other hand, you accidentally release the button before you unplug the device you may just reboot the Tablo without changing anything (like a deliberate short press to cause rebooting), or if you release the button a moment too soon (while the blue light is still flashing after the Tablo is repowered) you may not change anything. In the latter two cases you can just try the procedure again.

I don’t know what the effect would be if you did this while recording or otherwise accessing the Tablo, but you would certainly lose the recording and/or signal and maybe damage your recording database; I made sure I wasn’t otherwise using the Tablo when I did this.

Also, 2.2.12 recordings are in a different format than 2.2.10 ones, so if you roll back to 2.2.10 you won’t be able to play any recordings you made while operating with 2.2.12. (I downloaded those with Tablo Ripper while 2.2.12 was in use, and can play them on PC or Plex, and then reverted to 2.2.10 until there is a new release which fixes the remote playing problem.) As a result I have gone back and forth several times.

Hope that might help.

1 Like

Good morning! Added myself to the beta as you suggested. Can you give us any kind of ballpark idea of the ETA for this beta to be released? Thanks!

Please add me to the next beta . I am having the same issue with remote viewing

Hi Tablo Support, it’s been 2 weeks since I posed my original question. I realize sometimes it’s hard to pinpoint a release date in advance, but even if you don’t have one, the courtesy of a reply would be greatly appreciated. I was very pleased with my Tablo 4-tuner purchase but this bug has basically rendered it unusable for me, and I’m hopeful that this will be remedied soon. I can understand that bugs happen and I don’t get worked up about them, but when they do happen a responsive technical support department and timely updates go a long way to making them more endurable and keeping loyal customers. If you can please at least give me some kind of answer here I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Hey there. We believe we’ve narrowed down the root cause of this issue, and we’re very busy testing this among a few other things as the year draws to a close. We don’t have an ETA on this right now - but things can change quickly. We’ll keep you guys posted with the next beta/official release details.

1 Like

Hi Tablo support …can you please push version 2.10 to my unit, hopefully it will fix my remote streaming problem until the new beta is released…Thanks

Only done a couple of tests, but so far remote Live TV as reduced bandwidth is working fine for me after the last Android app update.

Please add me too to the beta list, i’m also having the issue.

I have a 2-Tuner Tablo, and have had awesome luck with it, that is until my wife hit the update button and now we have 2.2.14 and I can no longer see live tv. I keep getting the same error I see in your screen shot. I can’t access it through my iPhone in my home, nor my AppleTV, Roku, or Fire Stick. It’s like the Tablo itself can’t see the live TV through the antenna. And I tried moving the antenna to my TV and it has a great signal. I have added a splitter so I can still watch live TV and check the Tablo every few days, but I have had no lunch accessing live TV since the update. Very unhappy with the current state of my Tablo. Is there anything else I should try? Resetting it had no affect, as the firmware is locked into the device. Please help.

Definitely give us a shout ASAP, and we check out your Tablo. You can reach us via email here, or give us a ring at: 1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688).