NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.28

Same here. Got ours Monday. Have never had problems with updates over the past 5 years. One thing I do is check for an open window (several hours) of no scheduled recordings then give it some space and let it do its thing.

Well after several hours it looks like the Tablo stabilized. It has been running for 20 hours with no disconnects. And my subscription corrected itself! The only thing I had to do was reschedule some recordings. Strangest thing but it seems to be working and stable now. I did submit a ticket and my hats off to Tablo support for getting back to me - but it looks like the Tablo is working fine. :grin:

Updated to 2.2.28 OK, but it was a little scary getting there.
[1] Soft-reset Tablo QUAD before starting and waited for the LED to go stable.
[2] Connected to Tablo via Chrome browser on a Win10 PC next to the Tablo, on the same Ethernet switch.
[3] Clicked to start the update.
[4] Immediately got an error message with a [Done] button displayed.
[5] When I tried to reconnect, image of an older model Tablo was displayed and I was asked to go thru the setup from scratch. [sigh]
[6] I started the setup but channel scan would not work, so I clicked the refresh button on Chrome to reload the page.
[7] Lo! Immediately and automatically reconnected with the correct Tablo image and a message the update was in progress.
[8] After a minute or two, page displayed a ā€œrebootingā€ message then a success message.
[9] Hooray! Scheduled recordings and existing recordings were intact! Correct channel lineup was displayed.

I then intentionally rescanned my channels. Much faster than with previous firmware, 2.2.26. I selected the channels I wanted to keep and added the lineup to the guide. The guide listings were then auto-updated, which took less than 5 minutes.

VERY GOOD NEWS: With 2.2.26 I had been receiving local [Baltimore area] channels almost flawlessly EXCEPT for WJZ-13, the local CBS affiliate. That displayed substantial pixelation, completely drop-outs/screen blanks, and sound problems. I did a lot of investigation and research on this problem - turns out I had lots of company - and got Tablo support involved. After remotely examining the signals, Tablo support concluded WJZ-13 had a lot of interference NOT present on the other channels, including WBAL-11, the only other VHF channel in my area. While not explicitly stated by Tablo support, my conclusion after considering all of the evidence - especially that WJZ-13 works fine on antenna-connected TVs - was the picture problems were related to the Tablo transcoding process.

My plan was to wait until May 1, 2020 when the FCC repack will move WJZ-13 from RF13 to RF11 and hope that would fix the interference. Well, just for grins, I included WJZ-13 in my updated lineup. Woo Hoo - it now works! I donā€™t know whether something has improved at the transmission end, whether the source of interference has gone away, or whether the 2.2.28 firmware has made the transcoding process more ā€œresilientā€ when dealing with ā€œdirtyā€ signals. I suspect the latter and, if thatā€™s the actual reason, my SINCERE THANKS to Tablo engineering for fixing this issue!

2 Likes

I just want to say that my Tablo is still on version 2.2.26 and when I check for updates, it keeps saying that the firmware is up to date and at the latest version. :confused:
Maybe itā€™s not my turn, yet?

We just handed out a bunch more golden tickets so maybe youā€™ll be in luck.

nope - last time I waited several months from 2.2.24 > 2.2.26 ā€¦unless the update changed that :laughing: No, Iā€™m sure it would warn you it was going to happenā€¦ so NO, you, or someone you know must initiate the update

I got home, the tablo somehow had powered down. I powered it up, then it asked me to update to 2.2.28 so this time I said yes. It looks like that succeeded. I am hoping everything will work - remote access says itā€™s ready. I will find out in a few days!

Oh, there it is! :slight_smile:

New firmware was installed a few minutes ago.
I now get the message A connection to your Tablo cannot be established. Check your Internet connection.

What do i do to get it working again?

1 Like

Same here!! :frowning:

I just checked the connected clients list on my router and the Tablo isnā€™t connected. If you are using WiFi, you might need to set that up again.

Same for me. I hope i can find how to do that.

Your Tablo LED is blinking once per second, right? Press and release the reset button quickly. That should put it in to the WiFi setup mode. Then you should the light go to the ā€˜heart beat modeā€™. I donā€™t know why but I just let it sit there for a few minutes and then everything went back to normal and itā€™s back online again.

Thank you. Pressing the button did it!

1 Like

The rollout is now complete!

All Tablo DVR units are now eligible for the 2.2.28 update and should receive an update prompt within the next 4 hours. If youā€™d like to update immediately, quickly press the blue reset button on the back of your Tablo.

1 Like

Is the upgrade option not available for Amazon Fire stick (preview) users? I ask because itā€™s been over 4 hours, and Iā€™ve reset my Quad by pressing the blue button, and still nothing.

Try accessing your Tablo via the web interface.

Just did the firmware update about 15-20 minutes ago. All is well but my external harddrive isnā€™t available now.

After a numerous resets including the external drive the storage came back.

A few years ago I remember having an issue with the HD not being available, but I donā€™t now remember the details. I think a power cycle fixed it.

Does the Recordings Magnifying Glass search button still work for anyone ?