NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.28

Try updating your Roku app. The firmware update shouldn’t have changed any of that.

Thanks. That’s one of the first things I did and nada. Perhaps I’ll hear something good from one of the Tablo Techs on Monday.

Did the setting get turned off somehow during the update?

I experienced that a couple of weeks ago (before the new release came out). It occurred only on one Roku, which is connected to a surround receiver and Roku had all proper settings for surround. Surround was and is working properly for other apps. Reinstallation of the Tablo app on Roku didn’t fix it. Support suggested I try a factory reset on the Roku, which seemed unlikely. I did it, though, and it did resolve the issue. Of course, I had to reconfigure everything on the Roku, so it was a bit painful.

1 Like

Thanks Stu. You’re right, that does unlikely, but it worked for you. I’ll tackle this tomorrow.

I updated using my Android phone and ended up having to uninstall and reinstall

Uninstall the firmware!?? I’m sure somehow it made a difference, but the firmware is on the table… and the app quit working?

Uninstall Android phone app and reinstall. No way to uninstall firmware that I know of.

There is an issue we’re chasing where the Roku’s sound settings get wedged and are not being reported correctly to the Tablo app. While toggling the Roku’s sound settings to AUTO can sometimes work, the only foolproof way we’ve found to resolve the issue is a factory reset of the Roku.

We have heard from some customers that enabling sound leveling and/or using the night listening feature on the Roku may be related.

bank rollover. It doesn’t uninstall but reverts to the previous version. I’ve seen in the backup DB tablo records each revision of firmware installed on it.

In case it helps your investigation, I don’t use those features on Roku. Thanks for the details.

No firmware update love yet for the Allegator, but should I hold off on installing when it comes my way? I use the Roku app a lot (no fancy features enabled) and would like to avoid a reset.

Did the upgrade this afternoon on a Dual Lite/TCL Roku tv. Zero problems…done in under 5 minutes. I do not use sound leveling or night listening either. Also audio output from the tv to the sound bar is PCM Stereo. Had too many problems using surround sound…(on the tv…not the Tablo)

My tablo updated to 2.2.28 and now I am unable to get the latest recordings menu, in addition now of the menu items for Prime Time, TV Shows, Movies Or Sports are accessible… they are dimmed out.
Tablo need to either reverse this update or fix as soon as possible. I have rebooted my tablo device and it did not fix the problem.

I went back through settings and just refreshed the subscription and everything is working now.

The issues with Surround Sound/Roku are not Tablo firmware related at all. We believe they are with the Roku firmware which is why a reset of THAT firmware seems to do the trick.

So just updated to 2.2.28 and now my 4 Tuner Tablo keeps disconnecting and trying to reconnect. I have a hard-wired unit with a static IP address. Did not have this problem before - can I roll back to 2.2.6?

And now when I reconnect (intermittently) it says I have no subscription even though I paid for a lifetime subscription. What’s going on?

Just updated to 2.2.28, took about 5 minutes - no issues.

Does the firmware update happen eventually even if I say “later”? I am away from home this week and was using remote connectv which was working great! I had gotten the update is available message for a few days. Yesterday when I went back to watch live tv after dinner, app was no longer able to connect… Could it have done the update? Do I need to reboot or reset the Remote access settings afterwards?
I will be home tonight so will see what happened but if the disruption is because of the update starting automatically I wish it had waited…!!