NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.28

I’ll assume you recall I’m the one running without the stock heat sinks and using forced air cooling. By the way that’s been rock solid. It’s not like I just left bare chips and crossed my fingers, I’m just using purpose built heat sinks and not just aluminum plates. The hard drive is way way cooler and the chips are doing just fine, including the flash chip.

And was in reply to “if I want to brick my device I should be allowed to” yes, I know what the :mag: does and use the bookmarking facility

But what does this really have to do with random upgrades?

What kind of promt and how will I know or recognize it ?

Here you go:

Thank You for the information. :+1: :+1:

Just updated. Immediately after the download/update/reboot, the display said .28, but it claimed I had no storage. A quick power cycle of the Tablo caused it to find the connected USB hard drive.

It can take a minute or two for your hard drive details to show up in the apps after a firmware update. A reboot shouldn’t be necessary.

“Like all Tablo firmware updates, this is being distributed in a staged rollout over the next couple of weeks . A small number of customers will receive the update today, with more added to the rollout every weekday.”

For some of us that are ONLY on cellular internet, it would be much more convenient for us to select an “upgrade time”. Today, the last day of my billing cycle, I have excess bandwidth left. Tomorrow, I start a new cycle with a fixed amount, then pay extra!

We hear you. And you can always choose to delay the update when it’s been offered to your Tablo.

However, given that the firmware update is only 24-25 MB (soooooooo tiiiinnnnny) you shouldn’t have to worry too much about its impact to your datacap.

It won’t upgrade until you click the button - ONLY you control when it actually happens once you’ve made the list!

According to Tablo FAQs: Do I Need Internet to Use a Tablo OTA DVR?
Cellular Data and Mobile Hotspots Are Not Recommended It’s unlikely they’ll cater convenience for a not recommended configuration. (They don’t say it won’t work, just not recommended)

1 Like

I had a weird situation today. I received the message to update one of my Tablos, and when I hit OK, I had a message “Error in sync process”. Then the Tablo acted like it was brand new, asking for a first time set up (note, it did not detect any channels).

At that point, I exited out and reloaded the app (all using Chrome on PC). The download had already started, and it did complete successfully.

It’s working fine now, but I have never seen that before.

1 Like

I completely understand and endorse the staged roll-out concept. However I really think if you manually check for an update it should give you the update The number of people clicking that manual update check button would be very small, so it’s not like it would cause a server load or impact many devices.

I bet Google thinks that too with Android. :wink:

When I clicked on update, it said 0 channels found. I ended up uninstalling on Android phone and reinstalled. It says the Tablo now has 2.2.8, but is there any way I can check to see if it really was updated?

Never mind. I shut it down and reopened Tablo and now it works. :slight_smile:

A cardinal rule of mine when I did IT back in the dark ages was to never do an upgrade on a Friday. It’s a good bet that tech support will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays.

2 Likes

And they close early. I’ve asked before about a 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday and let them off early on a day of their choice but it hasn’t happened yet.

The update took less than 2 minutes to d/l and install this morning. We were running 2.2.26.

1 Like

Yesterday, I had not gotten the notice that an update was available, but on my Roku, when I manually checked, it told me one was available. I proceeded with the update and it completed normally and successfully. So far, no issues.

Did the new firmware update Thursday night (2/27) and now I get “your Roku is not connected to a device that supports surround sound” on programs recorded yesterday (2/28) and today when I try to record a program today. Had no such issues prior to the current update. Anyone else experiencing this?