NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.28

I just want to say that my Tablo is still on version 2.2.26 and when I check for updates, it keeps saying that the firmware is up to date and at the latest version. :confused:
Maybe it’s not my turn, yet?

We just handed out a bunch more golden tickets so maybe you’ll be in luck.

nope - last time I waited several months from 2.2.24 > 2.2.26 …unless the update changed that :laughing: No, I’m sure it would warn you it was going to happen… so NO, you, or someone you know must initiate the update

I got home, the tablo somehow had powered down. I powered it up, then it asked me to update to 2.2.28 so this time I said yes. It looks like that succeeded. I am hoping everything will work - remote access says it’s ready. I will find out in a few days!

Oh, there it is! :slight_smile:

New firmware was installed a few minutes ago.
I now get the message A connection to your Tablo cannot be established. Check your Internet connection.

What do i do to get it working again?

1 Like

Same here!! :frowning:

I just checked the connected clients list on my router and the Tablo isn’t connected. If you are using WiFi, you might need to set that up again.

Same for me. I hope i can find how to do that.

Your Tablo LED is blinking once per second, right? Press and release the reset button quickly. That should put it in to the WiFi setup mode. Then you should the light go to the ‘heart beat mode’. I don’t know why but I just let it sit there for a few minutes and then everything went back to normal and it’s back online again.

Thank you. Pressing the button did it!

1 Like

The rollout is now complete!

All Tablo DVR units are now eligible for the 2.2.28 update and should receive an update prompt within the next 4 hours. If you’d like to update immediately, quickly press the blue reset button on the back of your Tablo.

1 Like

Is the upgrade option not available for Amazon Fire stick (preview) users? I ask because it’s been over 4 hours, and I’ve reset my Quad by pressing the blue button, and still nothing.

Try accessing your Tablo via the web interface.

Just did the firmware update about 15-20 minutes ago. All is well but my external harddrive isn’t available now.

After a numerous resets including the external drive the storage came back.

A few years ago I remember having an issue with the HD not being available, but I don’t now remember the details. I think a power cycle fixed it.

Does the Recordings Magnifying Glass search button still work for anyone ?

I just updated my Tablo box from 2.2.24 to 2.2.28. Now I am back to having a TOTALLY unusable Tablo Connect Live TV connection. Just like with 2.2.26, the Live TV program runs for 15 seconds and then buffers for ~10 seconds, etc…

Why are you guys incapable of fixing and test this stuff???

How do I roll back my Tablo to 2.2.24?

There are plenty of us running 2.2.28 with no issue, in fact some of us helped test it.

Maybe open another ticket with support so they can try to gather specifics and help you rather than name calling.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t know what that means. Is that the non-“Preview” version of the Firestick App? If I don’t hear from Tablo Support in a couple of days, I’ll try to figure out what that means.

I’m interested to know if the Preview version of the Fire stick application just doesn’t have support for upgrading (i.e. is deficient in functionality / software shortcoming), or if there is actually something wrong with my Quad, and/or account. If either of the latter two scenarios, I don’t really want to mess with upgrading the firmware until support has looked into it and given a green light.

Thanks.