Xbox One S Is a Great Cord Cutting Appliance

A very bright light. A tiny bright light.

Tiny

Really cool movie.

Yes it is, as soon as I saw the trailer, I scored the disc. You can’t always rely on trailers, I got lucky this time, as the movie itself was way beyond what the trailer revealed.

Found an excellent Remote for the Xbox One S. I use mine primarily as a 4K Blu-ray disc player and to stream entertainment from Vudu, Amazon Prime, Fandango, etc. … and my Tablo, of course. Therefore, (for these purposes) a standard Remote is much easier to work with, then the game controller.

It’s the PDP Talon Media Remote, which I think should have been included in the box. Better than the sanctioned MS remote, in my view, and it looks great too.

I have these forums to thank for discovering Xbox One. Prior to last winter, I’d never heard of it, never thought about it and didn’t care. Then I learned that (for me), it was one of the best tools in the cord-cutting arsenal.

1 Like

I saw one of those at Target but it was $300 for the white one. $400 for the other one. Then I saw one at Best Buy but it didn’t have a slot in it for a blu ray. The guy there said it was better because it was all digital. If someone had one for 200 - 250 with a slot in it for blu ray that would be better than getting a separate 4k player for $200. Might try amazon when I get home tonite.

The one you saw at Best Buy is new, it’s what they call the “all digital” Xbox, and you’re correct, it does not have a 4K Disc Player. The one you saw at Target for $300 is probably the new Battlefield V Deluxe bundle, you’ll find it everywhere.

You can get the non-deluxe Battlefield edition at Walmart for $226, making it just about the same as a good 4K Disk Player, even less than many. Find other version / edition Xbox One S at Amazon for $214 - $250.

1 Like

So can you get vudu, amazon movies and tablo on that too? And still play your discs?

Yes, you can stream from those (and other apps), just as you would on any other dedicated streaming device.

Ok so I think I’m gonna get one if all that’s true. What does the main screen look like? Is it full of games & technical stuff that I have to figure out? Then how do you get to the things you want to watch on it? I just need it to be easy to understand.

No, you won’t have a screen full of technical “stuff” and it won’t be difficult to figure out. One of the great things about this (in my view) is that your home screen may be tailored to suit your needs. Here’s mine:

You may choose your own personal photo, as I’ve done here, or choose a background color of your liking. The row of tiles you see, are a few recently used apps (and a few “suggestions”. One row below that is a Group of tiles that I’ve chosen to appear, the ones I like and use most.

Here are a few more examples. You see? I can change this whenever I like, switch it up from time to time, using my own personal photographs.

1 Like

Wow! Cant do that with a bluray player. So if you scroll down youd see other apps that you chose? Too cool. I recognize the girl from the Let it snow post btw. And I can pick any photo or color I want? Done wow.

You can’t choose any color, but you have a choice of several colors. Photos? Anything you like, they make it easy to customize this. Yes, the girl from Let It Snow Post, the bottom two screens I posted.

I’m getting one. Scares me to think I could have paid $200 for a 4k player when I get this instead. With this & my fire stick I don’t think there’s anything else I could need THANKS for the advice!

I bought one! I am so stoked! $220 with some kind of battlefield bundle of games. Free shipping & there’s a 3 year warranty for $34 that’s just $11 a year. They upgraded me to next day shipping so I’ll get it tomorrow. I feel like I really owe these forums a lot, I could’ve paid this much for a 4k player just by itself. Thanks!!!

That is fantastic, you did well. Great price on that and it was very nice of them to give you next day shipping. You’re all set!

Ok I got it I LOVE it! When you take it out of the box its beautiful. White & the simple design makes it look awesome on the shelf. I tested a couple discs they work perfect. Never used one of those gamer controls before but it works ok. I ordered a regular remote to go with it too so playing discs will be easier. I loaded up vudu, pandora, spotify & all the things I wanted this is amazing!!! Here’s the remote I ordered for watching movies with.

2 Likes