Xbox One S Is a Great Cord Cutting Appliance

So can you get vudu, amazon movies and tablo on that too? And still play your discs?

Yes, you can stream from those (and other apps), just as you would on any other dedicated streaming device.

Ok so I think I’m gonna get one if all that’s true. What does the main screen look like? Is it full of games & technical stuff that I have to figure out? Then how do you get to the things you want to watch on it? I just need it to be easy to understand.

No, you won’t have a screen full of technical “stuff” and it won’t be difficult to figure out. One of the great things about this (in my view) is that your home screen may be tailored to suit your needs. Here’s mine:

You may choose your own personal photo, as I’ve done here, or choose a background color of your liking. The row of tiles you see, are a few recently used apps (and a few “suggestions”. One row below that is a Group of tiles that I’ve chosen to appear, the ones I like and use most.

Here are a few more examples. You see? I can change this whenever I like, switch it up from time to time, using my own personal photographs.

1 Like

Wow! Cant do that with a bluray player. So if you scroll down youd see other apps that you chose? Too cool. I recognize the girl from the Let it snow post btw. And I can pick any photo or color I want? Done wow.

You can’t choose any color, but you have a choice of several colors. Photos? Anything you like, they make it easy to customize this. Yes, the girl from Let It Snow Post, the bottom two screens I posted.

I’m getting one. Scares me to think I could have paid $200 for a 4k player when I get this instead. With this & my fire stick I don’t think there’s anything else I could need THANKS for the advice!

I bought one! I am so stoked! $220 with some kind of battlefield bundle of games. Free shipping & there’s a 3 year warranty for $34 that’s just $11 a year. They upgraded me to next day shipping so I’ll get it tomorrow. I feel like I really owe these forums a lot, I could’ve paid this much for a 4k player just by itself. Thanks!!!

That is fantastic, you did well. Great price on that and it was very nice of them to give you next day shipping. You’re all set!

Ok I got it I LOVE it! When you take it out of the box its beautiful. White & the simple design makes it look awesome on the shelf. I tested a couple discs they work perfect. Never used one of those gamer controls before but it works ok. I ordered a regular remote to go with it too so playing discs will be easier. I loaded up vudu, pandora, spotify & all the things I wanted this is amazing!!! Here’s the remote I ordered for watching movies with.

2 Likes

really cool movie.

1 Like

So the obvis xbox remote arrived today and I love it! It’s really small & fits in your hand and its perfect. A really solid feel to it. Heres what it looks like and compared to my fire tv remote so you get an idea of its real size.

It’s a little different than what it showed in the picture on amazon but that’s ok, its really great and works perfectly. Smaller than my fire tv remote, was kind of a surprise. Worth the money all xbox owners who watch discs should have one of these.

1 Like

Cute, but why are there 2 mute buttons?

There’s no instructions or anything so who knows? Still perfect for what I need & so much easier to watch movies than the joystick thing. The most important buttons are the top two just below the green one, cause they match what’s on the joystick for opening, more info & things like that. The green one matches home button so with those three & the scrollers you can do everything on your xbox. Bottom set of buttons for watching movies on disc which is what I needed most.

Where did you get that case for the Amazon remote, it looks fantastic.

Got the rubber case for the amazon remote at frys. Makes it easier to hold onto, & doesn’t slide off the table. They have a lot of that stuff.

When it comes to electronics, dust is your #1 enemy. After I spent so much money on my beautiful xbox, decided to get some nice insurance for it. A cheap way to protect your investment when you spend so much.

I have one of those.

1 Like

Someone showed me a protective skin covering too, it looked awesome but too much trouble to install it. Sticks right on the xbox. This gives it nice protection without all that hassle.