Why didn't my show record?

FYI, I’m seeing this too. None of the PBS Newhour recordings have shown up.

I checked and the meta.txt file is indeed missing. BTW, if I can click the .m3u8 file in Safari on ios9, the show plays.

@TabloTV When you fix this, please don’t forget to tell us how to recover the space being taken up by these hidden recordings.

1 Like

Sorry guys… We’re quite confused and frustrated as to why this is occurring for some people.

The best way to help us find the origin of this issue is to ping support@tablotv.com, let them know these specifics:

• What show you scheduled (Title, Air Date, Air Time & Channel)
  • Where you’ve set the schedule (from Live TV screen or from the TV, movies or sports screen)
  • What device you set it on
  • Whether you can see/watch the recording from some or none of the devices you have for viewing

And also your MAC address. We would like to pull databases from those people that have been affected so we can understand the root cause.

Fall premier starts tonight! I’ve restarted my Tablo this morning. Hopefully all goes well with recording!

I did discover that the football game was listed under “Future” then a couple days later it was under “Next week” then a couple days later it was under “Future” and unscheduled, I rescheduled it, then it was under “This week”, then under “Future” and unscheduled, I rescheduled it, then under “Tomorrow” then under “Future” and unscheduled then I scheduled it the day of the event and it recorded fine.

Now have 3 recordings lost in limbo, one each on Sept 17, 18, and 19th. All of them are items that were scheduled long before the firmware update and have had successful recordings every time before the update.

Cutting and pasting the m3u URL into VLC player let’s me watch on my PC, and I can download the shows using ffmpeg and then put them on the Plex server. But this is NOT what I paid for when I bought this device.

This is seriously a CRITICAL bug @TabloTV

I fear I have a bunch of these derelict files too. I was cleaning up my Tablo, and my drive is still like 80% full… I still need to do some more investigating though… I haven’t removed all shows yet.

@TabloTV I am wondering if this is because of a corrupted DB on the Tablo as I had those issuse with files still sitting on the Tablo and not showing up…

@Jestep - We’re still collecting data on this so it’s a bit early to point fingers in a particular direction. I know the engineers are working with a few databases right now so I’m sure I’ll hear more about it over the next day or so.

Just a reminder for my request :stuck_out_tongue: pertaining to that

I see a lot of the ‘works on my machine’ guys here! Hey guys!

OMG, this thing is just so ridiculous. After updating to the latest version, my 2 oldest series subscriptions just stopped working.

My probability cheat sheet has this thing achieving stability running neck and neck with a recently nuked Martian Colony. Every time it seems like an inch of progress has come, it’s been paved over with a new dump truck of stupid.

1 Like

So interesting development on my end, I had 5 recordings set for last night: 2 brand new schedules and 3 existing ones from before the firmware update. All 5 have recorded properly and show up the recordings.

So fixed itself? Or will I have to worry that more will go missing?

Also, can we PLEASE have either a) more than 24 hours of live tv schedule to scroll or b) a calendar based view of scheduled recordings? Trying to find out what is scheduled and what recorded in a real pain in the ass without this type of feature.

I just had the same issue. I had three episodes scheduled to record last night, all season premiers. Tablo Guide was showing that they would record. Castle and Scorpion recorded just fine, but Big Bang Theory never recorded, and there’s no indication as to why not. Any ideas? It looks like this thread is pretty old. So far my recordings have been reliable, but… It would be nice to have access to some kind of log where I could see what it was trying to do. Maybe the station tune failed when it tried to record. Maybe it should have tried a few times before giving up. Maybe it could have sent me an email to tell me it was having trouble and manual intervention might be required. I dunno, because I don’t have a lot of data as to what happened.

1 Like

Yes TBBT from CBS 4-1 did not record for me either. What channel were you recording from?

Big Bang Theory is Channel 7-1 WHIO-HD, Southern Ohio area.

Big Bang didn’t record here either, it’s pretty annoying Channel 5-1 here Central Michigan.

Hah…that’s one of the ones that was succesfull for me. But on CTV in Canada (which is the channel on which last week’s recordings failed).

Interesting - my 4-1 is WIVB-HD, which is also a CBS affiliate.

I did put it to record on both CTV and CBS and it only recorded on CTV.

This is interesting. Last night I scheduled 3 shows to record at the same time on my Tablo 4 Tuner and it only showed that I recorded 2 of them. It recorded Castle (ABC), Blind Spot (NBC), but it did not show that it recorded NCIS LA (CBS). I put a ticket in last night.

Interesting. I had an episode of the Late Show not record (just a one off, the ep with Tim Cook) of course that is on CBS also. I didn’t care enough to pursue it in the hopes that Tablo finds and fixes the problem.

Seems to point to an issue with CBS, something in the guide maybe?

I should also point out that the season premier of Big Bang did record on the 21st, also CBS. Which was scheduled long ago.

1 Like

Just got a reply from Support in regard to my ticket that I sent last night. Here it is “We have recently discovered an issue causing recordings to not correctly display in the ‘Recordings’ menu or otherwise vanish entirely. Unscheduling and rescheduling the recordings appears to solve this - please give that a try. We will have a firmware update solving this issue very shortly. Thanks for your patience while we work on this!”

1 Like