Why didn't my show record?

@Jestep I did this as you suggested and it worked. The mp4 file was created and it played American Ninja Warrior, which was one of the shows not showing up under Tablo’s “Recordings”. So it did record, it’s just not showing up under Tablo’s “Recordings”.

Well, it is up to @TabloSupport to take a look at your Tablo then. You should follow up with them tomorrow.

1 Like

This happened to us last night. Masterchef season finale, the orange icon was there to say it was going to record. We watched the first 30 minutes live on the TV expecting the show to record.

Check now and NO recording for Masterchef. Wouldn’t care too much except it was the finale which we really wanted to watch tonight. Not impressed at all.

Edit: files are on the drive as seen from tablo:18080/pvr. Confirmed by looking at the snap.jpg image. It just is not showing up under Recordings.

That stinks! I doubled checked to make sure MasterChef was recording. Did not want to miss that one. From the research I’ve done, can you look in the directory and see if a “meta.txt” file exists? I’m willing to bet that file is missing! So MasterChef might have recorded for you. If so, you can probably get an MP4 of it by executing a command like this:

ffmpeg -i “http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_YOUR_TABLO:18080/pvr/DIRECTORY/pl/playlist.m3u8” -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -vcodec copy -acodec copy MasterChef.mp4

Hey guys - We’ll be looking at this issue closely today. The engineering team will be looking at the information you’ve already shared here but if you can please let us know the following things about the recordings that would be awesome:

• What show you scheduled (Title, Air Date, Air Time & Channel)
  • Where you’ve set the schedule (from Live TV screen or from the TV, movies or sports screen)
  • What device you set it on
  • Whether you can see/watch the recording from some or none of the devices you have for viewing

If you’re willing, send a note to support@tablotv.com again with the title ‘Missing Recordings Issue - Details Inside’ with your MAC address and we can examine your database to see if there is evidence of why this is occurring.

Have scheduled from Sports Screen and TV screen AND Movies Screen
Scheduled recordings from the Roku
I only use the Roku for viewing

It should be noted that these recordings are UNSCHEDULING themselves. At first I thought it was limited to Football, but Movies and TV are UNSCHEDULING themselves as well.

Two nights in a row. Pre-existing recording schedules that have worked perfectly all summer long.

Masterchef
Aired September 16 @ 8PM on CTV
Recording set from laptop using my.tablotv.com website
Cannot see recording on any device

Amazing Race
Aired September 17 @ 9PM on CTV
Recording set from laptop using my.tablotv.com website
Cannot see recording on any device

Will send email now. This really is unnacceptable, the only function I care about on Tablo is a DVR.

Just scheduled 6:00 - 6:30 from Live TV screen on Roku 3. At 6:33 the one ended at 6:30 is there, and I am watching it now.

EDIT: New problem, which is the show I recorded is “Press Your Luck”. As it turns out, an earlier episode of it (5:30 - 6:00) was already on when I scheduled it. I scheduled the 6:00 - 6:30 but it started recording early and ended early. There is NO individual show description for ANY of them. They need to be looking at THE TIME, @TabloTV and @TabloSupport. I don’t think it makes a difference, but I do have the beta Preview app on the Roku 3. And the Tablo firmware is 2.2.3 which I was told is the same as 2.2.2.

This is for a show I scheduled back in May or June that has been recording all summer long without issue. Not for a new schedule.

My NBC Nightly news has been scheduled since I got my Tablo and continues to record. I even had the wrong anchor problem that @TabloSupport helped me get changed from Brian to Lester back when I was on vacation. It is only a half hour show - if that adds anything to the puzzle.

@luker how much empty disk space do you have? Do you have it set for it to automatically delete as needed? I just upgraded to a 5 TB drive and have lots of free space. Previously it was almost full.

Thanks for this, I’m running this right now to retrieve the two shows. Unfortunately Tablo Exporter also doesn’t see the shows when connecting, but ffmpeg through URI is working.

If there is no meta.txt Tablo Exporter cannot see them, but I think that is just there for external APIs. I don’t think the Tablo itself needs that.

Correct, that file does not exist in either of the two new folders.

@Jestep any ideas on the EDIT of my post? Should have tried this back when it was beta :grin:

I have something like 934GB free on the drive. Only about 17 recordings currently on there.

PLENTY of space, but just thought I’d ask.

Not sure which post you meant. sorry

The one with a new problem - “Press Your Luck” was on at 5:00 - 5:30, 5:30 - 6:00, 6:00 - 6:30, and 6:30 - 7:00. It showed the 6:00 - 6:30 and 6:30 - 7:00 were going to record. When I scheduled it, the 5:00 - 5:30 episode was already in progress, and I did NOT expect to get it. Instead, it started recording immediately and labeled the shows wrong. There is NO episode description for ANY of the episodes. I only expected to get 6:00 - 6:30 and 6:30 - 7:00. This is on a 480i station if it makes any difference.

EDIT: This was on BUZZR if others want to try it when they have mini marathons with no show descriptions for any of the shows. Start recording in the middle of a episode, and you will not get the episode you think you’re getting. You will get half of the one in progress and half of the one you think you’re getting.

Interesting… No I got nothing :confused:

Amazing Race premires for me on Sept 25th