Why didn't my show record?

I have my Tablo set to record all new episodes of Resurrection, which premiered tonight. It did not record. It still shows tonight’s episode to be on the schedule but it’s over now.

Why didn’t it record? There were no other recodings at that time. I checked and the station is coming in perfectly clear.

FYI other shows earlier tonight did record. My HD is nowhere near full (981GB free).

Had the same thing happen with a manual recording of The Good Wife (Delayed) set manual recording double checked showed recording and this morning nothing.

Resurrection came on from 8:00 - 9:00 PM.  I checked at around 8:45 and it was not in my Recordings section but on the guide it still showed the orange REC badge.

Is there any way to find out why a show didn’t record?  Like some kind of history or log or something??

My DirecTV subscription expires in a month and I really need the Tablo to be reliable, which it has been so far.
1 Like

@NapMan open a ticket at http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests or support@tablotv.com

@Napman We’re talking now, - but one thing to check is to make sure the time zone/manual recordings are being scheduled accurately. Create a test one and make sure its schedule time zone shows up with the same start/end time that you set.

I’m not sure what you mean but most of my scheduled recording are working fine.

I just had it happen again tonight with The Simpsons. Last week’s episode of The Simpsons recorded fine.

I replied to the support e-mail thread with screenshots showing the Guide with The Simpsons showing it is scheduled to record but it is not in Recordings.

Last night, Big Bang Theory and Gotham failed to record (both start at 7 PM CDT).  But for some reason Sleepy Hollow recorded fine.  Neither show is listed as failed.  There just is no listing for either one, and both are still set for Record New.

Luckily, I can record Gotham again this week, and I watch Big Bang live.  For the last two weeks, all three recorded fine.
1 Like

I’m wondering if the “new” show meta wasn’t set (presented) for the episode?

I know sometimes I set things (not just on Tablo) to record all if it’s really important to me.

Snowcat, that’s exactly what happened to me.

cjcox, in my case, while The Simpons was actually airing, my Tablo guide showed the orange Record badge in the corner but it was not being recorded.

It seems like a few episodes have not been marked as ‘new’ in error by our guide data provider. We’ll be following up with them to get this fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience :( 

It seems like a few episodes have not been marked as 'new' in error by our guide data provider. We'll be following up with them to get this fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience :( 

Well, like I said, in my case the episodes in question WERE showing as new and scheduled to record in the Tablo guide during the time they were currently being broadcast.  

I’m not being argumentative but I’m worried about my recordings now.

Thanks, TabloTv.  That does explain it.  I usually double-check, but I am on vacation this week, and haven’t paid as much attention.

@NapMan We’ve been able to collect some data on this recently, and our engineers are going over it now. Stay tuned.

@NapMan We've been able to collect some data on this recently, and our engineers are going over it now. Stay tuned.

Great, thanks.

“Forever” has been scheduled on my Tablo to record all episodes so far however I noticed it was not scheduled to record tonight. I set it again to record “all new” episodes again and it worked. Hopefully the guide data issues can be resolved soon. Until then, I will check each of my shows nightly to make sure they will record.

I had the same problem last night with Gotham not being recorded.  I discovered it wasn’t recording about 15 minutes into the show.  The guide, again, showed it was scheduled to be recording but there was nothing listed under Recordings.  I checked the Roku, the iPad app and my.tablotv.com from my MacBook.  No recordings shown.

@NapMan We’ve got your database now and we’ll be able to see what’s going on. Thanks for sending me a note for this.

@NapMan We've got your database now and we'll be able to see what's going on. Thanks for sending me a note for this.

I hope you can fix it.

Once again this bug has hit me. The Tablo shows that Brooklyn Nine Nine is scheduled to be recording right now but it is not.