Web App won't Sync after update last night

@shirkant means you need to clear the data. Not just the cached pages

In chrome go to preferences/ show advanced / Content Settings / All cookies and site data / search for my.tablotv.com / delete the row

Then you should be good to go back to my.tablotv.com

Reinstalled Chrome and Chromecast extention but still getting “404 not found” error.  I’ve read in previous forums here that this has happened many times before and was due to blanks or a “=” in url??  If this is the case then I’m not going to be able to fix on my end.  I put in a ticket to @Tablosupport but haven’t heard back yet.  Was hoping this was an easy fix.  Anyone experience this?

@TabloSupport beta.tablo.com seems to be working. Do I use that now moving forward?

@napercort, did you try this?

In chrome go to preferences/ show advanced / Content Settings / All cookies and site data / search for my.tablotv.com / delete the row

@Jestep ok, so after synch with beta, now use my.tablo?

After .24 update, the TabloTV does it appear on my network and I can’t connect to it from either the iPad app or the web based iPhone app.

I just tried the beta from your site in Safari on my iPad and I was able to connect and sync. Strangely after establishing this connection the web based iPhone app connected and another iPad i have that wouldn’t conn before now connects and syncs??? What the heck Tablo?

My guess is that your beta is fixing a bug in .24 that prevented the TabloTV from connecting to the network. So once the beta software successfully connected the TabloTV to the network, all my devices would then connect. Sadly this likely also means when I power off the TabloTV then power back up, it will not connect to the Internet again and it will be bricked until I use the beta software to reconnect the TabloTV to my network. Am I correct? When do we get a new firmware update pushed to fix this bug?

BTW - I will gladly volunteer tee to be a beta tester to help stop these types of bugs from slipping out.

Use the beta.tablotv.com until they commit the changes to the official site.

How often do you turn off the Tablo, @kennethervinyoung?  It should stay on 24 hours a day (it uses very little power).

How often do you turn off the Tablo, @kennethervinyoung?  It should stay on 24 hours a day (it uses very little power).

Sadly I have to do a full power reboot every 3-4 days because the TabloTV 4T will suddenly stop working while watching and I can’t reconnect to it.

This appears to be a bug related to the TabloTV dropping off my network and the code not being written to sense a network drop and follow proper protocol to automatically reconnect without user intervention (unplugging the power plug to the TabloTV then replugging in). This has been a bug since day 1 and I really, really wish Tablo would hire someone to fix this part of their code.

That is not normal behavior.  Have you submitted a trouble ticket to the Tablo folks about it?  

Also, have you tried putting your Tablo on it’s side?  It may help as well by keeping it a little cooler.
@shirkant means you need to clear the data. Not just the cached pages

this worked, thnx again…

I had this exact same issue. I tried clearing the cache and history and unpluggin the Tablo with no success. Yesterday I uninstall Google Chrome entirely and did a full re-stall and now it works great. Must have been something in the firmware update and Google Chrome that were not working together but works fine now

Do you use DHCP reservations?  since I started using DHCP reservations, all my locking up issues are gone!  @TabloSupport when you write a  user manual, I suggest that you recommend using DHCP reservations for the Tablo,  It helps everything work better.

@beastman

I do not use DHCP reservations on my router and no Tablo lock ups. Except I am running DD-WRT on my router which tends to assign the same IP to devices when you reboot it.

beta seems to work. I was able to sync :-) but still unable to cast via chromcast :-(.  Receiving error 404 not found.

Funny, I actually had that error for several tries, too! I rebooted the router, the Chromecast, and finally closed the Tablo tab I had open on my Chrome browser, flushed everything, reopened the tab and tried again and it worked. I had to reboot everything including the Chromecast device itself, though, it kept giving me a 404 error!

@jnnett @ShadowsPapa We’re gathering logs on this now. Does the Chromecast fail in the same way on both http://my.tablotv.com/ from PC, and from the Android app on your mobile device(s) I.E the 404 error?

@TabloSupport No, It works fine when I use the Android app but does the 404 error when I try to use it from Chrome browser. 

Is it possible to get native Chromecast support? I’m under the impression that the current way Chromecast works is the video streams from the Tablo > Chrome > Chromecast or from the Tablo > Android > Chromecast. Wouldn’t it be possible to set it up so it streams from the Tablo directly to the Chromecast.

edit: I just did an experiment. I started a video from android to chromecast then shut my phone off, the chromecast continued to play the video so I guess not. But why does the chromecast seems to chug a bit compared to other devices…

Same problem with web app connecting but not finishing syncing.It was briefly working for me with the latest update with the thumbnail piks.  Frustrated and my wife is ready to reconnect the cable, hope a fix is in the works…

@pngwolffman Correct, the path is actually Tablo > Chromecast.

We’re still trying to debug this, but we’re hitting some roadblocks. The behaviour seen so far is that the stream never actually gets to the Tablo - hence the 404. 

If any of you can send console logs from your browser, please do. It’ll only help us get closer. (To do this, just hit F12 when you receive the 404 error, and send me the logs in a PM).

@Jay Try deleting the Tablo from your web app and then re-syncing:

Head over to http://my.tablotv.com/, and select the ‘Tablo’ icon. You should see a ‘connect’ prompt there. To the right, a red X should be visible. Select the red X and confirm to delete the Tablo from that device.

Then select ‘Rescan’ and ‘Connect’ to the unit appearing under ‘New Tablos’.

Thanks, after  erasing everything,reloaded chrome,google cast and  tablo  soft reboot,was able to talk the  wife down