Web App won't Sync after update last night

Last night I updated my Tablo’s software, and today the Web App does not appear to be syncing. I disconnected and deleted my Tablo from the Web App in Chrome after it wasn’t updating with my recordings from last night, connected to the Tablo, and now it won’t display any of my recorded programs and still says Syncing after 30 minutes and displaying no content.


It works from my Rokus apps, Android apps, and VLC playlist. I’ve tried in both Chrome and Firefox, and in both cases the Web Apps aren’t appearing to be able to sync any data.

Delete the Tablo data in Chrome.

You can do this by deleting all the Chrome history and data. Then try again.

I’ve done that. Now my Web App is done syncing and does not display any of my show data. All menus are empty.

Shows still show up on the other devices though?

I restarted my Tablo. I just disconnected, then deleted the Tablo from my Chrome Web App. I connected again, and now the screen says “Syncing” but the progress bar never advances.

Now it switched and shows the Prime Time tab, the All tab, and a blank screen below that.

Can you try an incognito tab in Chrome and see if it syncs?

Shows still show up on the other devices though?

Yes, I can view and play them through Roku & Android apps, as well as VLC playlist

Can you try an incognito tab in Chrome and see if it syncs?

No, it doesn’t. Same behavior. Says “Syncing” but the progress bar never advances.

You’ve tried restarting your computer, etc.?

This is just odd behaviour. Only other recommendation is uninstall Chrome, restart your computer, re-install Chrome.

You've tried restarting your computer, etc.?

This is just odd behaviour. Only other recommendation is uninstall Chrome, restart your computer, re-install Chrome.

It’s also happening in Firefox.

It’s also happening on a completely different laptop.


The issue appears to be with the Tablo itself.

I’m having the exact same issue. It was working fine earlier today and now won’t sync

I updated to .24 yday and I sync’d on Chrome today with no problems. This was a fresh install of Windows 8.1 though so it was the first Chrome sync for the Tablo.

I have exact same issue as other 2 folks. It works on Roku and Android app, but on webapp.

I updated to .24 yday and I sync'd on Chrome today with no problems. This was a fresh install of Windows 8.1 though so it was the first Chrome sync for the Tablo.

It’s certainly something on the Tablo. It’s happening to me in Chrome, Firefox that was a fresh install and had never connected to the Tablo before, and it’s happening on a second laptop with Chrome that had never connected to the Tablo before.


In all instances the Web App is unable to ever Sync anything.

Yet the Roku app, Android app, and VLC playlist all work properly.

@alangerow - Since the Roku, Android and vlc all play properly, it suggests that the problem may be with the Chrome app.  I recommend contacting TabloSupport.  They will ask you for logs from Chrome.  You can get the logs by hitting F12 inChrome.

@alangerow - Since the Roku, Android and vlc all play properly, it suggests that the problem may be with the Chrome app.  I recommend contacting TabloSupport.  They will ask you for logs from Chrome.  You can get the logs by hitting F12 inChrome.

I submitted a ticket, just waiting to hear back. I’m assuming they’ve gotten a lot of support messages since the update.

It does appear that I am able to view the Settings tab with updated and correct information. And I am able to make changes to the Settings that are registered and saved (such as default tab).


But none of the other tabs appear to be populating with content.

I’ve attempted to connect to my.tablotv.com from a third computer (Chrome on an old netbook running Windows XP), and it is able to see the Tablo, Connect to it, but shows no progress when Syncing either.

When attempting with Firefox and opening its Developer Tools, it appears that this is a looping error:

“Timeout occurred after” 32000 “ms, retrying WAMP call:” “api:sync/seed"

Then after 5 of those errors:

“Unexpectedly failed to execute api:sync/seed with 5 retries.”
“Error, attempting to finish seeding cleanly.” “/error/html5/wampRetriesExhausted”
“sync/finishedSeed” 0
"Unexpectedly failed to execute api:sync/finishedSeed with 0 retries.”

Firefox has now added this block of output in the Developer Tools Console twice:


“Timeout occurred after” 32000 “ms, retrying WAMP call:” “api:sync/incremental”
“Unexpectedly failed to execute api:sync/incremental with 5 retries.”
“Error, attempting to finish seeding cleanly.” “/error/html5/wampRetriesExhausted”
“sync/finishedIncremental” 0 
“Unexpectedly failed to execute api:sync/finishedIncremental with 0 retries.”
“CopyRelated process running. This may take a while…”
“CopyRelated process completed, elapsed:” 0.338
"ensureSync: draining sync queue" 0 
“ensureSync: obtained sequenceNumber:” 94216
"sync/startIncremental" 1000 0
"ensureSync: notification:" Object { syncType: “incremental” }
“sync/incremental” 0 null true