Tablotv app apparently does not work with Android 12

Yes, always a pain when the problem seems to be a specific device. It’s not like Samsung just tosses every model of their phones to developers for testing (gets pricey).

We have to purchase our own devices for testing. Obviously we can’t buy every single phone, tablet, streaming device, computer, and Smart TV on the market but we try to have a good cross-section of options that reflect what’s popular with our users.

We didn’t happen to have an S21 as it’s a very new flagship phone.

Since we identified this issue, we’ve done our best to try to debug the problem with the Android phones we have, but since the issue seems to be related to Samsung’s software (versus Android 12 in general) we’ve actually had to go out and purchase this specific phone to get to the bottom of it.

Now that we have one, we’re hopeful we can find a fix, get it QAed, and out to folks ASAP.

7 Likes

Is there a 15 day return policy for phones in Canada? :wink:

1 Like

We managed to find an open box deal and might as well keep it around in case Samsung decides to do something else ‘fun’ with their software in the future.

2 Likes

Lol - I like the frugal nature of Nuvyyo.

We’re cord cutters too! We love a good deal!

Next year’s phrase, “Cut the Samsung!”

(ducks and runs)

I have a Pixel 6 on Android 12 and no issues as others have mentioned. But aren’t we holding out for the Android app refresh? I thought it was hoped that it would finally land by end of year. Maybe this wouldn’t have the same issues on Samsung Android skin.

I’ve been hoping for the newer Android app for some time! To sync or not to sync, that is the question…

I’m betting this goes deeper than just the Samsung UI changes.

Brand new Tablo Quad setup. Android app on Galaxy S21 w/ Android 12 does not open.

Same. S21 broke after upgrade. Tablo app reports bug and won’t start. Hope tablo team can solve it quickly. But I blame samsung as well. The new ui4 sucks, I have 3 other bugs it broke. Hate the new OS.

As has been already mentioned, until a fix is in place you can always use my.tablotv.com. I used this on my Pixel phone for years until finally switching to the app.

I have “Cut the Samsung”. S9 was my last. Got a TMobile Revvl 5G. I remember the flashing green screen on Samsung some time ago. I googled and found a work around using developer options. The problem with Android 11 might be able to be fixed like that too.

Just updated the OnePlus 9Pro and the app crashes at start as well so it’s not just a Samsung issue but a wider issue with the app itself.

And thus ends the “Cut the Samsung” campaign. Thanks to all that participated.

1 Like

Still possible it’s something in their implementation as well but if both models are now crashing hopefully it’s the same root cause and the fix for one one fixes the other.

Does anyone really know where Samsung or OnePlus got their port of Android 12. Many basic hardware companies don’t do the software port themselves but outsource it.

I have a variety of different Samsung products and was never convinced they could spell Android let alone do the port.

Any updates on getting the app to work for Samsung S21 w/ the latest Android 12 upgrade?

The fix is being beta tested, and results look good so far.

5 Likes

Hi folks -

The fix is making its way through the Play Store now and should be available shortly:

Thanks for your patience and your assistance in getting this sorted.

2 Likes