Tablotv app apparently does not work with Android 12

I have same problem on T-Mobile Revl 5G

I am on Android 11 with latest Tmobile updates on Revvl 5G. Uninstall Ed and reinstalled. Rebooted Tablo. Seems to be Syncing.

I’ve had my tablo for several months and as of this Thursday I cannot access. I have re-installed the app several times and it will not open.

Not sure if this helps do you have a Samsung phone? Others are reporting issues with Android 12 Tablotv app apparently does not work with Android 12

Yes I have a Samsung phone - just updated last week. That answers my question. I hope tablo has a fix for us.

Thanks

1 Like

I have a Galaxy s21. Used the Tablo app fine until the Android 12 update. Now the app will crash upon startup. I uninstalled the app and even did a factory reset of my phone but the Tablo app still crashes upon startup. We have 4 other Galaxy s21s and this happened to all of them. This is not a phone specific issue.

I have a Google Pixel 4A running Android 12. I have no problem with the Tablo app. It’s working correctly.

I have a Galaxy s21. Used the Tablo app fine until the Android 12 update. Now the app will crash upon startup. I uninstalled the app and even did a factory reset of my phone but the Tablo app still crashes upon startup. We have 4 other Galaxy s21s and this happened to all of them. This is not a phone specific issue.

That seems to show that it IS a phone specific issue, doesn’t it? Specifically the S21. That fact has long since been established in this thread. No other phones seem to exhibit it.

I think Chris means it is not an individual phone issue rather than a phone model.

Same. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. After Android 12 update Tablo app crashes every time on startup. Uninstalled, reinstalled, same thing. Snapchat video calls…video doesn’t work either. :frowning:

Tend to disagree a bit. I develop apps from time to time and without a doubt, Samsung’s Android 12 is every bit a complete version of Android and certified by Google as such. Because Samsung chooses to use what I consider that awful OneUI and doesn’t include some connected decice features that doesn’t mean it’s not a full version. A poorly written app written by lazy programmers who can’t follow the 10 basic steps when developing an app is most likely the problem here. All that said, Samsung doesn’t make it easy but the S21 has outsold its predecessor by a over 2 to 1 margin so its not something the lazy programmers Tablo employs can continue to ignore.

Lazy programmers??? Pretty insulting and no evidence.

2 Likes

While I do understand what you are saying, the information provided thus far in this thread isolates the issue to the Samsung S21 (understanding that is the model that has officially received Android 12 so far).

Given that several of us with Pixel phones have been running Android 12, including in it’s developer and beta phases, for months, at least based on the information provided as of right now that seems to clearly point toward it likely being a Samsung specific issue.

What evidence do you have that this is a “poorly written app written by lazy programmers”?

1 Like

Same here. 2 Samsung s21 ultras on Android 12 the tablo app crashes as soon as it’s opened. I’ve cleared the app cache and data, rebooted the phone and it continues.

Just confirming with everyone else that Tablo is crashing on my s21 ultra (just purchased.)

After android 12 update tablo app will not start up.

Known issue with the S21. Tablotv app apparently does not work with Android 12 - #36 by Crx91a6

Got the first Samsung update post version 12 today. Just confirming the issue remains with this version too.

(S21 Ultra)

Been 14 days… Come on Tablo… You need to fix this known issue with Samsung phones and Android 12. I’ve always said good things about my Tablo… But I’m starting to wonder if there aren’t better services.

So it can only take a certain amount of time for them to identify and resolve the issue? Given those of us with Pixel phones are NOT encountering the issue, it may well not be an overall Android 12 issue and could take a little bit to isolate/identify. Not to mention they need to make sure whatever it is done to resolve it does not negatively impact the vast majority of phones that aren’t Samsung phones currently on Android 12.