Tablo Server Outage - September 8, 2024

Got home from church, and decided to turn on the TV to watch NFL games today…

Seems like there is an outage??? I actually tried resetting everything…

I uninstalled & reinstalled the Tablo app from both my phone and the NVIDIA Shield that we use for streaming to the TV. I reset the Tablo hardware (I have the 4th generation). I even reset my entire wifi network.

Everything in the house is working on the wifi, except for the Tablo.

Very frustrated!!!

Servers are down. Someone spoke to Tech support all they could say is wait a couple hours and try again. That was 4 hours ago…

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they can’t make a Tablo Device that would allow you to at least continue watching your regular air TV through the device.

I fully understand that they need to have “servers” for the TV guide, the FAST channels, as well as all the streaming apps that run through the Tablo device.

However, it seems like they would create some type of “pass through” that would allow you to simply switch to your regular OTA/“air” TV stream and watch it without any of the other Tablo features. This would be huge upgrade for times like this when there is an outage and the servers go down!

Simply switch to your air/OTA source and keep watching TV. You don’t need to have access to the FAST channels or other streaming apps… just let me watch what is coming through the antenna without having to disconnect from the Tablo and plug the antenna directly into the TV!!!

I also have an HDHomeRun by SiliconDust… that’s exactly what it does. I can just watch the OTA television from the antenna without any of the other “fluff” features. (of course, with HDHomeRun you have to pay a small monthly fee for the TV guides, etc, etc).

But they could easily create a device that allows you to switch from the app based viewing to plain OTA antenna stream… if there is a server outage you could still use the Tablo device.

Frustrated :frowning:

3 Likes

Mine is working again.

I was using Tablo this morning and all of a sudden it stopped working. I can’t get the blue light to stop pulsing. For some reason, it seems like my Tablo is not on the Wi-Fi.

I’m a new user. On my TV, changing channels, manipulating the guide, etc. is extremely slow, several seconds with each attempt. On my android phone it’s a little better. Will attempt an ethernet connection to the router next.
Any other ideas?

Interesting, I made some channel changes on my Tablo V4 this morning and everything was still working at first, but now none of my devices will connect to it. So, I’ve power cycle, tapped the rest button and nothing connects. The my status page shows the Tablo is on my network so it must be higher level outage. I was able to perform the steps using my Android smartphone to change the network from wired to wireless, but still it won’t connect to the Tablo interface. Just getting ‘unknown error’, ‘retry’. So frustrating.

1 Like

WOW, I just reset the Android app so when I opened it, it wanted me to login, but all I got was a ‘Sign-In Error’! THERE SERVERS HAVE TO BE DOWN!!!

1 Like

I have the same problem

I’m down as well. Can’t log in on my Android, my IPad, No Tablo Found.
This is sad. :frowning:

Same here. I’ve tried resetting and power cycling the Tablo device but none of my apps (iOS app and LGwebOS app) will connect to the Tablo.

Mine is completely down. Can’t connect to it with my Roku or phone app

Down here too… 1:45PM EST. Android, Roku, iPhone.

my status page says:

"502

We are experiencing issues on the server. Please again in 5 minutes"

Took me a while as I can be a slow learner. Learned to check another app (IOS) when my Roku did not work, then status page and then this forum, where others were already posting.

Have learned not to fret and reset, power cycle, restart router yada yada. Tablo will figure it out in a while (prob more than 5 mins!!) tho I guess some football fans not happy right now.

EST good point, I’m in PST so it’s obviously a national outage.

Roku worked and then I shut it down to run a short errand. Down now. Oh well. When you approve an architecture where every app is totally dependent on phoning home guess what.

“My Status” page…

https://www.tablotv.com/my-status/

1 Like

As for the status page message, please “what” again in 5 mins? :smile:

Well YT is working and that’s where I watch most of my TV anyway.

Yeah, I know. Like they can ever get stuff done in 5 minutes on a weekday, let alone a Sunday.

1 Like

The answer to the question isn’t that the tablo servers are. It’s what are they doing to fix this dependency.

2 Likes