Tablo Server Outage - September 8, 2024

Tried Chat on Tablo website and guess what no agents available!

2 Likes

Im really new to Tablo as in 3 days now. Everything worked until about an hour ago. iPhone app still works but both my Rokus cant find Tablo device. I as well reloaded Roku apps, rebooted Tablo, Changed all to wifi and back to ethernet…like everything.

Why would iPhone connect and work but not Roku’s. Just dropped cable on Friday and mounted my antenna on roof and just want to watch NFL.

I am glad when I ran my coax to roof I also spit it to my Tivo and changed it to OTA.

Same in san diego california

system wide issue-Tablo System Outage

Same in Michigan.

I did all the troubleshooting and still not working on 4th gen.

Glad I have a legacy unit.

3 Likes

One hour after first reported also cannot connect. I thought this may be the first time I have to force restart my 4th gen after a year of use. But no this must be outside of my control.

I got into the menus and went to recordings to look at what I had scheduled tonight and that’s when it froze. Exited and could not get back in.

I just talked to support and also sent an email about their setup.

Apparently, there is an outage and that is causing the apps to not connect to the TIVO device. They say to check back 1 to 2 hours later.

Whatever you do, do not press the reset button longer than 7 seconds or it will get a factory reset. Just found that out. Should be on the message on the TV but isn’t.

Also, I don’t understand why you have to go to their system to use your device and see recordings you have made. There should be some type of local mode to use the device even if it can’t get to their system.

It also doesn’t really tell you what the issue is, which it should. I would have thought that it would tell you about the issue when you called support without having to talk to anyone.

Tom

1 Like

Down in Phoenix. I just got a call back. Servers down. Standby! I’ve had Tablo for 6 months with no problems. It must have been to many NFL games: Service# 844-822-5688. they called back within 15 minutes.

Fortunately I had enough co-ax and barrels to be able to watch football from the antenna. I thought the Tablo bit the dust and was going to go for factory reset but waited. Not a good way to run a tech company. I may go back to over the air direct to the TVs. It takes me over a minute to change channels on the Tablo. The Tablo app on Samsung tv is pathetic so I put a 4K Roku on the Samsung smart tv and it’s been good UNTIL TODAY.

Whoops i did the 7 second reset. I will see what’s next when they are back up.

It’s back up - seems ok

My Tablo did have the recordings on it, granted each game was multiple recordings due to the reboot. It seems to have sorted out, but this was still really dumb.

Same here in California. Down for hours. Nothing works.

back up and running here. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s unfortunate that we have to rely on the community to tell everyone that there is an outage. If they would put the news on a webpage or on the community forum, or the phone sytem we could avoid all the grumbling and pissing on tablo.

1 Like

The Roku app will not run without internet. If it cannot contact Tablo servers it will not bring up a guide. Matter of fact the app will just claim it can’t find your Tablo on the network. If internet goes away while you are already streaming it will continue to stream that channel but once you exit out of that stream you are screwed. You cannot get back to it and you cannot get to any others. This is how mine works anyway. If you have a different experience I would love to hear about it.

Tried the normal troubleshooting with no luck.
Got callback from Tablo Support. Technical issue on their end. Expecting resolution in 1-2 hours.

Same-get unknown error-been over 2 hours

Back up for me- seems ok