Tablo Server Outage - September 8, 2024

Same here. Had to rewire the antenna back to the TV to watch football, missed half the game troubleshooting.
Had the Tablo all boxed up and ready to return then I saw these posts. TABLO needs to remove internet use, just to watch recordings or watch your antenna.

4 Likes

Well I wish I would have checked here instead of spending my entire afternoon trying to get this to work…

I most have factory reset about 10 times, tried to make it through the setup via ethernet and wifi.

2 Likes

Which gen Tablo do you have? 4th gen IPad app is not working now but was this morning.

It’s interesting that the Tablo iPad app loads fine. So it apparently works without this server dependency that the Roku app seems to need. I remember seeing a post from Tablo Support that a “new and improved” Tablo Roku App was to be released real soon. Maybe this will fix the server dependency problem on the Roku?

Im in the rebuild also…Im betting half of Tablo users rebooted, toubleshot network, and reloaded the stream apps all in the last few hours.

The device should be built for periodic server connections instead of every use.

2 Likes

This if from a response on another trail but just everyone sees it.

I just talked to support and also sent an email about their setup.

Apparently, there is an outage and that is causing the apps to not connect to the TIVO device. They say to check back 1 to 2 hours later.

Whatever you do, do not press the reset button longer than 7 seconds or it will get a factory reset. Just found that out. Should be on the message on the TV but isn’t.

Also, I don’t understand why you have to go to their system to use your device and see recordings you have made. There should be some type of local mode to use the device even if it can’t get to their system.

It also doesn’t really tell you what the issue is, which it should. I would have thought that it would tell you about the issue when you called support without having to talk to anyone.

Tom

2 Likes

Too late, first thing I did was factory reset and I guess I am up shits creek. I was really looking forward to watching some football.

Looks like it’s back but you may need to set it up again.

2 Likes

Yeah, wish I hadn’t hit that reset button for 7-seconds. I’m in deep now with the Mrs. Lost all her shows.

3 Likes

No need to do a reset. It’s up on my IPad now and now running on TV. YAY!! I can be lazy again. LOL

OK. It seems to be up now.

Thankfully, I didn’t lose my recordings - I must not have held the reset button more than 7 seconds.

The crazy thing is that tablo management thinks legacy users should upgrade their firmware and have the gen 4 app experience.

2 Likes

I usually like your comments. So could you please leave the politics out?

Tablo is junk! I have been saying the same thing about a local mode for a year. They do not care. First real day of NFL season and they can’t even keep their servers up. Amateur operation apparently with ZERO redundancy! Fortunately I bought a new house and it has coax to all TV locations so Tablo is going away soon for me. I will actively discourage everyone I know from buying a Tablo.

3 Likes

What politics are you referring to. The legacy firmware and apps don’t have these problems. And the roku and firetv stick apps can run without the internet.

So why is tablo interested in having legacy users use the gen 4 apps if they provide less resiliency and depend on the tablo servers.

3 Likes

I regret buying it. It is constantly disconnecting and I have to reboot my router and device and it still doesn’t work. Piece of junk but now I am stuck with it. I didn’t know about the outage so I reset and even then I am having issues finding it on my network. Redid EVERYTHING from scratch. I sure hope this works this time. So frustrating.

4 Likes

It was out all morning for me, but came back up within the past hour or so (not sure when).

Your comment about DEI staff.

I bought my gen 4 last October. This is been an on going problem since then. And I’ve seen no movement to address the problem. I want my consumer products to be designed and developed and fixed by the best. Asking to use the best shouldn’t be surprising - even to you

If you want something different more power to you. You probably find the situation normal.

2 Likes

Exact same thing here on TV. Reset router, reset Tablo, reset Roku and TV, all to no avail. Appears to be an outage of some kind. However, Tablo app on iphone does work.

1 Like