Tablo Server Outage - September 8, 2024

Same. 4th gen. Roku says Tablo not found. Android devices say “unknown error.” Must be big outage!

3 Likes

Got the same thing here too! I tried everything and the screen says- “No Tablo Found”

3 Likes

Exact say thing for me here- Tablo Not Found! Called Tablo and it said No Customer Agents Available.

1 Like

I have been using one for 3 months… First problem…However this shows that their support is well below acceptable. It should have instantly posted on their web site that system is down. Of course, its Sunday so all (both?) of their engineers are home watching the same football that I want to watch. -4 stars for this.

7 Likes

Sunday football looks great on my new Sony Bravia. Oh yes, I should mention I have direct coax going to all of my TVs for times just like this. Good old fashioned coax antenna connection!

I like my Tablo and use it a lot, but this server dependency is completely unnecessary for anything remotely related to watching live TV, except maybe for initial setup and occasional guide updates. Tablo needs to revise the firmware so server outages don’t piss off every one of their customers.

6 Likes

They are all home using their legacy device like I am. I just record all the games and watch as they record. Any burps and the game is still their.

2 Likes

I’m using a competitors product currently during the outage. I actually contemplated selling it and glad I didn’t do it.

2 Likes

Got callback from Tablo Support. Technical issue on their end. Expecting resolution in 1-2 hours.

1 Like

Same problem here, riggt in the middle of the game. What other alternatives are there to tablo? This isnt the first time tablo has let me down

At the tablo price point - none that I know of. The problem is the gen 4’s total dependence of phoning home to the tablo servers. How did this architecture ever got approved. They have had over a year to fix it. What is being done to fix it. Are the people who approved this architecture still at tablo. If tablo is using DEI to staff - stop.

2 Likes

I spent an hour trying all of the usual troubleshooting steps I get to take every week or so trying to get this janky 4th gen Tablo working when I finally checked here and saw that there was an outage. No mention of an outage on tablo’s support page, website, facebook. Thankfully I still have my old Tablo HDMI and I was able to switch to it and watch the game live. Why does it feel like Tablo’s products are going backwards?

2 Likes

Just an observation: in the time I’ve been following the forums I cannot recall ever reading so many angry comments in such a short time. In many cases the posters have a background and understand what is likely happening.

Then I am also imagining how many more users are sitting at home, with no particular technical expertise, they just want to see their TV shows (as Tablo commercials etc promised), and they can’t figure out what is going on and are thinking they bought a clunker. How many of these customers are there for each one who posted here?

Lots of disappointed customers today. Teachable moment.

5 Likes

Because there are no repercussions for crappy architecture,design,or development. It’s like they get an award and move to the next project.

8 Likes

Just goes to show you that no one…no one should interfere with the prospects of watching football.

2 Likes

Let’s get on Social Media and blast this dumb design by Tablo.

4 Likes

Same here. Very frustrating because I’ve been working on this for a full hour. I got my Tablo a month ago and worked the antenna so I could get every football channel. Today comes along and poof … the Tablo don’t work and nobody to call in customer support there should at least be a way the system could warn us when there is an issue like this!

2 Likes

Same here. Just hosed up my whole system trying to figure this out. Weekends are going to be high demand. Why no support? Really?

2 Likes

Stupid design. It gives me a message that it can’t find my Tablo but that’s not true. Then it says it thinks I may not be connected to the internet which of course again is wrong. The message should say that the Tablo servers are down, that’s what the problem is.

Really dumb design that won’t let people access local operations on the Tablo without internet access or working servers on the Tablo end. People should be able to access local operations and receive only a warning message saying that all features may not be available if their internet is not working or Tablo’s servers are down.

7 Likes

I was able to watch the Saints with this workaround:

Use Tablo app on iPad (iPhone should also work)

Pull up the channel to view on the iPad

“Cast” to the Roku TV by swiping diagonally from top right to bottom left, choose the icon that looks like two boxes, and choose the TV to cast it to. It will appear on the screen. Not perfect, because the cast picture will be about 1/3 smaller than you’re used to (and it ties up your Apple device), but at least I could see the game from the TV I wanted.

Tablo, there’s no excuse for not having a mode that avoids phoning home. Get this fixed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!!

2 Likes