Tablo Roku App (4th Gen) Update (v. 0.8.300 & v. 0.8.401)

Hi folks -

An update is now available for the newest Tablo Roku Channel for 4th generation Tablo devices. There are lots of fixes and improvements in this one!

If you’ve already got the latest Tablo channel installed, and your ROKU is set to automatic updates, you should see version 0.8.401 0.8.300 very soon . You can also manually update the channel by going to the app settings and selecting “Check for updates”.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Roku Channel (4th Gen) Update (v. 0.8.300)

• Adds performance improvements for live TV grid, home, and library screens
  • Adds improved handling of device connection to Tablo servers
  • Adds ability to format external hard drive from settings
  • Adds improved search results
  • Fix for issue where latest recordings sometimes were not shown
  • Fix for issue where channel lineup list was not in the correct order
  • Bug fixes and other performance improvements

Tablo Roku Channel (4th Gen) Update (v. 0.8.401)

• Includes all previous additions and fixes

As always, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to post them below or touch base directly with support.

3 Likes

Update 0.8.3 may have fixed a few issues, but not the ones I want fixed. My Roku Ultra 4800x Tablo app has no guide data past 4:30 pm - all blank. I bought a Firestick 4K yesterday, it works perfectly, guide data is immediate. But poor Roku- still with the slow or missing guide data. If I remove Tablo app, reboot Roku, Reinstall Tablo, sometimes the guide data might work-- for 10 minutes or so, then back to missing and slow guide data. Please Fix !!

1 Like

I’m a little confused, when I check the Roku store it says I have version 1.3 from December 6, 2023, not the version number above.

This is for the TabloTV 4th gen app.

1 Like

Got the Roku update. Same old story. Picture is squashed in the upper left quadrant still have to restart Roku every time I want to watch Tablo.

1 Like

What are the picture settings on your TV for your Roku device? How about the display settings for your Roku itself? If I remember correctly, I had to put my Roku in 1080p to watch some apps/channels properly, versus Auto.

1 Like

Had a recording in latest and all recordings tab. Watched it and deleted it - except it actually didn’t disappear from the local roku’s memory. Still there and when it is selected the app goes into a wheel of death loop. Probably trying to retreive a non-existent item. exited app and restarted the app still there. Of course when you reboot the roku it’s gone. Didn’t work like that in the previous app release.

We’ve been having a similar issue for a while now. With a Roku Ultra. Been meaning to get around to mentioning it but well here it is now. This issue happens 9 out of 10 times with Judge Judy. I know strange. We get done watching and deleting all episodes but it says there’s still one out there. When we select it, there’s nothing there. We have to exit the app and go back in and sometimes it shows the mystery episode and sometimes you have to do it several times before it finally appears. Once it’s there we can either watch or delete it. But sometimes even after deleting it, it remains for a while but eventually goes away on its own. If it helps any investigating, we do allow it to record duplicate episodes.

1 Like

I didn’t see it on the previous app using a 4200 and 4660. Any left overs would cleanup by exiting the app and restarting. This needed a reboot. And often under these conditions the wheel of death would respond to a back arrow. This needed a home button.

1 Like

I’ve had my 4th gen for over a month. Crashes had been random until today. Every 5-10 minutes the app crashes on my ROKU devices. Seriously considering switching back to HDHomerun Connect Quatro!

2 Likes

Which Roku model are you using? Have you noticed if the crashes are only happening on Live TV, recordings, etc?

We are investigating crash reports during Live OTA streams on this most recent update. We will post here as soon as we have more details.

2 Likes

Checked my Roku version a minute ago.

Stupid question: Is Roku version 0.8 build 300 the same as 0.8.3? I know in general, this would be true, but I don’t use the Roku much and expected the version to be “0.8.x”.

1 Like

@269587
Yes indeed, they are one and the same. We can edit this post for clarity as well.

TY for the clarification and immediate reply.

Yes, once I updated to the new Roku app version (0.8.300-734366) the app crashes about every 10 min. or so. This makes my Tablo virtually useless for watching live TV. Hope there is an updated version to fix this very soon.

3 Likes

The exact same things is happening me in the past 24 hours.

1 Like

how bout going back to older version till update is tested thouroghly?

1 Like

I just wanted to verify that:

Roku model: 3810x,
RokuOS: 12.5.0,
Roku app version: (0.8.300-734366),
Tablo firmware: 2.2.47

crashes and kicks-out of the app when watching LIVE OTA TV frequently (about every 10 min or less). Please check this Tablo firmware to fix. THANKS

2 Likes

So does this work OK with the Rokus or not as I don’t use them, but the newest Ultra was on sale for only $65 so I decided to get one. This already does not work with any of my AppleTV devices :thinking: so I figured to try a Roku, now worried. Mine should be here by Tuesday so hope this is fixed before then.

At this point Tablo is unwatchable on my 3 tablets and now I can add 2 TVs. Aren’t these so called updates supposed to be tested before release?

1 Like