Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Tablo Ripper is listed in applications in start up menu and when I disable it I cannot connect to the remote server

Is that not the case with the latest version of TR and if so can you provide me a link for the latest version of TR?

Windows has both a ‘start menu’, and a ‘startup group’. The menu merely lets you access programs using a shortcut. The group is a list of programs that run when you boot your PC. The latter affects startup time, so don’t add TabloRipper to that group. It’s unnecessary.

I’m not understanding your issue. Perhaps a screen shot would help?

The current (and final) version can be downloaded using the link found in the first post of this thread.

Have any of the firmware updates broken this? It worked fine for me a couple months ago when I first downloaded it. Now, at least a couple Tablo updates later, I’m trying to use it again and it’s not showing my Tablo in the dropdown box. Nothing has changed re: the network. Only the device firmware has changed since I used it successfully probably in May or early June. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. Version 2.4.1.

Hello CycleJ,

Just stopped by to look at any posts on the new Tablo update. Curious if it’s working correctly, or at least well enough to bother with. Your Tablo Ripper is ripping fine and I have done multiple hardware upgrades (actually, it’s really 2 versions later in computer hardware). I would have to say you have given each one of us using this software a wonderful gift, and I really do appreciate it – Again, and again.

Just wanted to say hello. Take care.

-Rodger

2 Likes

OK – just discovered that my Tablo name (Tablo) doesn’t show up in the dropdown box, nor does it recognize it when I type it in, but I just manually entered the device IP and it started loading recordings.

The list box pings Nuvyyo’s server for a list of Tablo boxes associated with your (external) IP address. I assume (I could be wrong) they maintain that list during the daily EPG update.

Not sure why that’d fail, but entering your (internal) Tablo box IP address is the quickest/most direct way to connect. Just make sure you reserve an address for it in your router.

CycleJ . I am in the process of setting everything up to cut the cord. I have Tablo, and TabloRipper feeding into Plex. I also have Playon feeding into Filebot and then into Plex.
I want to add MCEBuddy to the mix. Thus my problem. I need to have MCEBuddy set for Comskip for the files out of TabloRipper. But set for chapters for files from Playon. It appears that the only way I can do that is by adding a file name pattern filter in MCEBuddy. Do you have a suggestion on how I can do this so both input sources gets filtered differently through MCEBuddy? I would also like each of these inputs sent to a different output directory structure.

If you have two different Monitor Locations in MCE, you can create two different Conversion Tasks and set the Monitor Location for each Conversion Task to only process based on the selected Monitor Location.

To set the Monitor Location for a Conversion Task, go to Expert Setting when editing a Conversion Task. Check the “Select Monitor Locations” and then small popup will show where you can select which Monitor Location for a Conversion Task.

The response by RBoy in this thread shows screenshots of the UI:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies.

“Linking Monitor Locations and Conversion Tasks” looks like what I need.

Now if you can tell me how to “truncate” the Playon pre roll and post roll off their mp4 generated files automatically without re coding the file, I would be in hog heaven.

Hi, just got linked to this forum from Tech Support at Tablo. I’d love it if the ripper could work both ways. As I explained to Tech Support, I’ve got tons of MP4 videos (mostly movies) on my desktop hard drive. I’d love it if I could convert them to play on Tablo which means they would be available on any TV or device I presently have networked to Tablo. Nice that you can rip Tablo files to MP4, but how hard would it be for the program to work in both directions? Thanks!

Your Tablo is a DVR, not a “media server”. There’s no support for uploading files.

That said, some Tablo users have installed Plex, which is a good (and affordable) media server.

That’s why I created TabloRipper in the first place - to automatically relocate Tablo recordings to Plex for viewing.

1 Like

Emby is another media server worth checking out.

Both Plex and Emby have apps for many of the same platforms that Tablo does.

1 Like

I’m new to Tablo Ripper. It works great manually but I can’t seem to get automatic copies of recordings to work. The service is started with no filters. I turned on logging but can’t find the log. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Thanks

Have you tried clicking the “Log File” link found in the upper/right corner of the screen?

Duh. I see the link now. Looks like I have a path issue with the automatic copy’s that works manually. I will try to simplify the name. This gives me something to work on.

thanks for the help

9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM InitClient
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM GetSelectedTablo
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM Using last selected IP (192.168.1.62)
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM Tablo IP = 192.168.1.62
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM SyncTabloRecordings
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM InvokeApi
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM JSON: ["/recordings/series/episodes/91340","/recordings/series/episodes/86594","/recordings/series/episodes/89975","/recordings/series/episodes/86585","/recordings/series/episodes/86590","/recordings/series/episodes/72945","/recordings/series/episodes/74087","/recordings/series/episodes/72942","/recordings/series/episodes/71841","/recordings/series/episodes/86602"]
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM recList.Length=10
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM newCompletedList.recIdList.Length=9
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM InvokeApi
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM JSON: {“server_id”:“SID_5087B8011EF0”,“name”:“Tablo”,“timezone”:“America/New_York”,“version”:“2.2.22”,“local_address”:“192.168.1.62”,“setup_completed”:true,“build_number”:1820613,“model”:{“wifi”:true,“tuners”:4,“type”:“quad”},“availability”:“ready”,“cache_key”:“7be755d8-234a-4530-8c8a-aaefa13cdcb5”}
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM RemuxRecording
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM FFMPEG : C:\Program Files\TabloRipper\ffmpeg.exe
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM TempOutput: Z:\Plex\Shared TV Shows\tmp\Background_rip.mp4
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM Output : Z:\Plex\Shared TV Shows\Wonder Cooker\Season 2018\Wonder Cooker - s2018e0927 - 2018-09-27 093000.mp4
9/27/2018 10:53:55 AM Exception: Could not find a part of the path ‘Z:\Plex\Shared TV Shows\tmp’.

Looks like the service doesn’t like network drives. Changed from Z: to C: and works ok. Is that normal for a windows 10 PC running the latest ripper?

Thanks

The problem is that the service doesn’t run as “you” (by default), so I doesn’t have your user’s drive mappings defined.

You could change the service to run as the same user you’re using, or another one that has network drives mapped.

So yes, that’s normal windows behavior.

I had a feeling it was something like that. Thank you for your patience and help.

1 Like

Hello CycleJ,

I would like to get back to the problem discussed in post #1140 by Scott_Solgot.
I had great success with being on the same site and network as the tablo but I am currently a little further away and have to rely on my VPN connection. I always run into an FFMPEG timeout error.
Also I have read time and time again about a Settings.xml file in the TR directory which I cannot find at all.
Is there a way to extend the timeout TR is using? I think this could solve my problem completely.

Thank you for your good work you already put into TR and this support thread.