Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Yep, i went a little overboard in sizing (for some displays). While I find a better solution, please give the new 2.1.8 beta 1 a try. Hopefully you’ll see everything again.

The Beta works fine as far as i can tell…presume its got the same great guts and just a new gui. Since i have the Delete After Ripping box checked there is no reason to view more than a small crop of the left side listing. And because you put in the preserve size/position its always comes up just as i like it. When full screen it now fits inside either of my monitors but i dont use most of it thus the crop. So…I like it, it works, its made me watch TV again now that i can record and strip the mind numbing commercials.

If you got a penny for every show ppl recorded you could retire and go TabloRipper fulltime. In lieu of that i wish to make a donation via paypal if you provide me the email. I really want you to stay interested in this and know its appreciated. thanks for all you have put into this.

1 Like

Got the new beta. As far as I can tell everything is working just fine it’s just very large:wink:

I really appreciate the feedback. Could you send me a screen shot using a PM? That’ll help with 'perspective’:sunglasses:

PM sent. Its from my Windows 10 box that I RDP into from my Mac to run this.

Email address sent via PM. Thanks for your support. I’ll use any contributions to buy more treats for my pack of chihuahuas :wolf:

What should the start and stop times be set to if you want the service to run continuously? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

No worries, I’m working on the FAQ now, so I’ll be sure to add it.

Leave them both blank!

I cleared the start and stop fields, but when I restart TaboRipper it reverts to 02:00 and 16:00. I then went into the XML and cleared the values. Now it is clear not showing a start and stop time. However, automatic ripping is not taking place.

The settings aren’t saved by the GUI till you exit the program. Then they’re available to the service. The reason for that is so the service doesn’t get confused while you’re changing things.

I suggest you make your changes, close the GUI, then wait 5 minutes (that’s how long it takes the service to pick up changes).

Or, you can use control panel to stop/start the service. It’ll pick up your changes immediately.

Got the new 2.19 version and installed it. Looking good!

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions, testing, and patience!

Just got done using the Ripper to download 1 TB of TV from my Tablo. It took about a week, grabbing about 20 shows at a time and ripping in the foreground, but it got er done!
Thanks CycleJ !

1 Like

That’s got to be some kind of record!!!

Need a few volunteers. Nuvyyo is making a small API change that requires me to add backward compatibility. Once you move to the latest Tablo version (2.2.12) you’ll be supported by the change I just made to the beta version of TabloRipper (don’t worry, older versions will still work just fine).

But the only way I can test backward compatibility is for someone to test this new beta version of TabloRipper using the current Tablo version (2.2.10 or before).

If you’re interested in helping out, and still running Tablo 2.2.10, please install the latest beta here and give it a try. Do all of your recordings show up in the recording list?

Please send me a PM if you have a chance to test and let me know how it looks. As always, I appreciate your support.

edit: thanks for the help, they were not deleting because the recordings already exist (and as you explained, the system is built to not delete tablo recordings that are already found to preserve both copies in case there is some kind of issue with either)

for some reason shows are not deleting from the tablo after they’re ripped, not when being ran in foreground or background. Based on the record dates of the shows on the tablo, looks like it stopped working about a week ago.

I’m using ripper 2.2.1, which I just upgraded from 2.1.8 to see if that would make a difference.

Tablo is using 2.2.10

any ideas? thanks :slight_smile:

I have an issue with the new build. I selected a few recording from the world series and it ignored them and copied the rest. But when it is coping the files it actually showed just the world series being copied but the files the folder were other files. The world series videos were not in there.

@msloat450
Is there an “asterisk” next to the shows that weren’t ripped? By default (there’s a setting to control this), incomplete recordings are skipped. The “asterisk” indicates that TabloRipper thinks those recording are not done.

Glad you got it figured out.

Not sure. It should of only recorded the 4 programs that I selected. Those were moved to the right hand screen. And when I started the process, the process indications shows that only those 4 videos were being processed. But when finished, it showed other programs that I didn’t select. And the world series games I selected didn’t work. I tried twice. Did the same thing. So I went back to the order version and didn’t have any issues.