Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

It can be done manually but it takes along, long time. I did a 1TB disk over a couple weeks in my spare time, but I still have a 2 TB disk left to do. I really don’t think I will ever get to it, just too labor intensive.

-Rodger

I am not able to get the filters to work. I read not to include the quotes, so my filter for new recordings looks like this, but minus the quotes of course. “The X-Files, NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, Flash, Law & Order Special Victims Unit - s17, Blue Bloods, Arrow, Blacklist”
Am I doing something wrong?

So, you keep what I call the ‘intermediate’ files? Those created by TabloRipper and input to MCEBuddy? I have MCEBuddy delete them, and have TabloRipper delete shows on my Tablo after ripping. Which results in one commercial free output file (created by MCEBuddy) that’s hosted by Plex.

Why keep intermediate files around? Just trying to understand/learn from your process. There’s always more than one way to get there from here!

Looks right to me? Can you send me a screen shot (using a private message) and we’ll figure this out. Must be something simple.

PS: I’m using the Tablo ‘title’ for matching, not the output file name. So, for example, you’d want to include ‘the flash’, not ‘flash’ in your list. It matches titles starting from the first character for however many characters you enter. ‘The fl’ matches just as well as ‘the flash’. You only need as much of the title as it takes to identify a show uniquely. Upper/lower case is ignored. And if you just want one specific episode, you should just rip it manually.

I keep the original files ripped in a spare 4 TB HD on my system. I have done this ever since I got Tablo Ripper. Kind of a security backup. I have had to delete files as the HD gets too full, but I make sure what I delete is good on my PLEX server first. With this last beta version of Tablo Ripper, I am now utilizing the delete feature to remove ripped recordings from Tablo. So, I have the original ripped recording on my spare 4TB HD and the MCEBuddy converted/decommericalized/SRT’d recording on PLEX server.

Seems that I am still getting MCEBuddy converted files that have been previously converted as well automatically put on my PLEX server. Don’t know why some slip through, even exact filenamed files. MCEBuddy isn’t suppose to transfer files with the same name. Must be because I have to move TV Show files into their appropriate title folders I suppose. I guess this will only happen once more per old recording though, as they are being deleted by Tablo Ripper now.

-Rodger

There’s no substitute for a good backup. But you do make me wonder - have you ever needed to use a backup file? You’ve run a lot more files thru MCEBuddy than I ever will. Other than occasionally deciding to repeat the process, does it ever mess up the output?

Thanks for your input, I found most of my recordings on streaming media and decided to just nuke the drive and start over. Appreciate all the assistance.

I have had to re-run rips through MCEBuddy maybe a few dozen times. Always due to comskip errors in cutting good content out. In fact, I have manually edited more then run them through MCEBuddy again. Not for normal TV Shows, but more for TV Movies (real movies broadcast on TV). It cost me nothing except when I have to spend some time deleting due to HD getting full.

Now that I have setup Tablo Ripper to delete after ripping, it is more important then ever to have a secure backup as I cannot go back and get it from my Tablo if necessary for some reason or another.

-Rodger

1 Like

You’re welcome.

-Rodger

It’s working now. Not sure what I did wrong. If I change the time the service is to run, do I just need to stop and start it to take affect?

I’m having an issue with the audio being about 1/2 to 3/4 of a second faster than the video after being ripped but synced when viewed on the TABLO. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to not rip to separate folders, but instead just put the output files in one folder. Currently it puts in a folder for each show.

The settings aren’t saved until you close the GUI, so the background service doesn’t see your changes until then. I did that to debounce changes, which assumes you’ve made them all by the time you exit.

The background service picks up a fresh copy of the settings every time it starts a rip cycle. So no need to stop/start it.

There are a couple options for you to play with. You can either direct the output into two separate folders, or use Plex-style folders. Hover your mouse over each of the program’s check boxes (one at a time) for more information about what each one does.

Ffmpeg can adjust the audio stream, but I don’t currently allow you to modify the options used to invoke ffmpeg.

For example: Alien Pastures and Computer Geekery

If you’re interested in playing with ffmpeg options, I’ll add a way for you to change the options used by TabloRipper.

Just let me know if you want to pursue it.

Will it work if you include the season in the filter? For example:
Blue Bloods - s06

No, I’m currently matching the show’s title, not output file name.

Are you recording multiple seasons, but only wanting to rip some of them? I hadn’t considered that, but it’s be easy to change and shouldn’t mess up existing filters.

PS: I just uploaded a new version that implements your idea. Thanks for the suggestion!

I just uploaded a version that allows you to tweak the ffmpeg options used to rip recordings. You can now experiment to your heart’s content. Look at the release notes to see ‘where’ to tweak.

thanks

My reasoning behind wanting specific seasons (for now anyway), is the first few seasons of some of my shows are on NetFlix, so I figured why bother taking up hard drive space for those. It is the seasons I can’t get anywhere else that I want.

1 Like