Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Since a few days ago before updating my Tablo Ripper to the latest (at the time) version, I have gone from having really close to 2 TB of files on my 2 TB Tablo drive. I now have 3 files that are in the process of recording at this moment – That, just 3 files in total on my 2 TB drive! I think I have to go to a 100 MB drive or something, because I see no need to have such a large drive any longer. I like that.

PLEX server has swallowed-up all of the Tablo content and Tablo Ripper has obliged me by deleting all converted content. All nice and neat.

Thanks again CycleJ! You are my Tablo Hero!

-Rodger

3 Likes

I am having this problem again where show are not being ripped automatically. I must be missing something.

I just want to be sure I understand. For me to click start new, I need to stop the service, as the “start new” button is grayed out while the service is running.

1 Like

Correct. I was originally concerned that someone would click “start new” in the foreground at the same time the background service was doing the same thing. That’s (mostly) prevented by forcing you to choose which one is currently running.

I plan on changing that (in a future version) so that the background service will detect that you’re ripping in the foreground and “pause” automatically.

Tablo firmware/TabloRipper are all new and all code so there will issues and changes forever but CYCLEJ, just want to thank you and let you know you made me into a network TV watcher after a 20 yr hiatus. Your contribution to the sweet tablo–>tabloripper–>mcebuddy/comskip–>Plex flow was above and beyond and, I dunno, might cure global warming and Zika if you add a few more options. Great stuff so far.

2 Likes

@CycleJ Is 2.0.4 skipping recordings after they have completed recording. I noticed an issue last night after I upgraded to 2.0.4 where items were not being ripped off, so I deleted the Completed_Tablo.xml file and then the completed recordings ripped. But the items that were still incomplete did not rip after they finished recording.

I noticed that you published a new version or 2.0.4 today, so I"m not sure if you already caught it. I installed the new version of 2.0.4 and deleted the the log file and Completed_Tablo.xml file. The recordings from last night ripped. I’ll watch to see if it happens again tonight.

I copied the log and completed xml files from yesterday before deleting today. Let me know if you need me to PM them to you.

Thanks!

P.S. When upgrading to a newer (non beta) version, do I have to stop the service and uninstall it from the GUI before I can run the new setup file? Or will the setup file stop the service and overwrite the service executable?

@tickko
Oops! You’re right, I got a little too aggressive in my attempts to speed things up. I’ve been tweaking the heck out of things, but went a step too far this time.

I’ll back that one off first thing in the morning and upload a new version.

It didn’t hit me because I never run the background service until after everything’s recorded for the day. But yes, if it runs while you’re still recording it’ll count those shows as ‘completed’.

Sorry about that. And thanks for letting me know!

PS: No, you don’t need to stop/start or uninstall/reinstall the service when upgrading. It’s all automatic.

PPS: Bugged me too much to leave it for tomorrow. I removed the offending code and uploaded version 2.0.5.

@CycleJ I completely understand, I’m the same way when I’m working on something! :slight_smile: Thanks for the quick fix!

1 Like

Download 2.0.6 this past weekend and almost everything seems to work great. The only issue I have come across is the Release Year option has stopped working. I have cleared the settings, reinstalled fresh, and the year still doesn’t show up in the folder or file name after I pull an episode down.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in.

Sorry, probably something got lost in the API migration. I’m on a road trip thru Saturday, but if you’ll enable logging, try to rip a file that’s not working, then PM the log file to me, I’ll take a look at it when I return.

PS: if you can, please edit the Settings.XML file and change ‘VerboseMode’ to ‘true’ before running the test. That’ll capture the API response I need to see.

Will do.

I sent a pm of the log file. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t find it, and tried sending a PM to you earlier today. Gremlins?

If I leave the inclusion/exclusion boxes empty, will this service rip all new recordings?

Yep.

Well thats intriguing. Thanks.

I understand that this may be somewhat of an unusual request, but I like to manually rip my media from my Tablo instead of using the service to do so. When I select the shows that I wish to rip, I’m presented with a progress bar which makes the main window unmovable and takes up quite a bit of real estate on my desktop. Could you possibly hide or minimize the main window so that I can just simply move the progress window to the desired location on my desktop? Even more amazingly would be to allow me to minimize the progress window while the main window is hidden.

The only reason it’s an unusual request is that Windows closes a modal dialog if you minimize it. In this case, that’d be a bad thing.

You can move the main form anywhere on the screen before starting your rip. The progress dialog centers itself on the visible portion of the main form, so if you (for example) position the main form to the far right-hand side of the screen with just the “start” button showing, you’d take up far less screen space.

Of course you can open/reopen any other window on top of the rip, hiding it completely. But it sounds like you might be happier with an option that doesn’t display the progress bar at all?

Thanks for your feedback.

Apparently the log file was too big to send and too long for one pm. I was out of town for vacation all last week. I’ll try again in a sec.

I’ve run into this 3 times now but quotes in the descriptions does not seem to be handled. As an example:

3/30/2016 4:45:46 PM Running as user: “C:\Program Files\TabloRipper\ffmpeg.exe” -y -i http://192.168.1.10:80/stream/pl.m3u8?AkVzbQmkU6lwhKHBKbunMA -codec copy -strict -2 -c:a aac -threads 0 -metadata title="" -metadata description=“Singer Jennifer Lopez joins TV host James Corden for a new edition of the popular segment; Corden looks back on his favorite moments from his first year hosting “The Late Late Show.”” -metadata synopsis=“Singer Jennifer Lopez joins TV host James Corden for a new edition of the popular segment; Corden looks back on his favorite moments from his first year hosting “The Late Late Show.”” -metadata date=“2016-03-29 22:03:00” “E:\Tablo\tmp\Foreground_rip.mp4” in C:\Program Files\TabloRipper\

Fails but if you edit it manually to remove the quotes around Late Late show in the description ffmpeg is able to pull the video fine.