Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

WithTablo ver. 2.2.7 Tablo Ripper ver. 1.2.4 is 50% successful delivering programs with the proper name and info, 50% with numbers like 2015-11-19T06-00Z I must fabricate info for these to run in Plex.

I have been trying to submit this to Tablo support but keep getting "Ensure this value has at most 255 characters (it has 258). "

@RAC - Where are you seeing that error message?

Are you using the ticket form? http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Oooops!
I was at the wrong place. I was at “Contact Tablo.”
I will submit it properly right now.

I record a show for my mom as a backup in case the Homeworx HW-180STB I connect to a Slingbox flakes out and doesn’t record. Anyways it happened this week so I figured I’d try Tablo Ripper to get the recordings some place she could watch. Anyways, the local PBS channel airs two episodes back to back and in Tablo Ripper the shows are named

EastEnders - Trials and tribulations impact lives in | 2015-11-21T05:00Z
EastEnders - Trials and tribulations impact lives in | 2015-11-21T05:30Z

So for some reason the show description was showing up in the show now. No matter whether I selected 1 or both shows, the extracted mp4 file would always just be for the first episode listed.

I worked around this by ripping the first episode and then deleting it on the Tablo. After that, I was able to refresh Tablo Ripper and rip the 2nd episode.

Another solution is to select the option to include the recording ID in the output file name.

1 Like

@RAC - The engineering team was unable to find any invalid data on your Tablo.

@CycleJ - The team suspects that you might be referencing some field in the TMS data that they changed. Can you touch base with support and let us know what field you’re accessing to extract title etc.? http://bit.ly/1w8BrBw

Any updates on this?

Tablo Exporter has found a fix @CycleJ so you might ask @Jestep what he changed.

No, I have no issues with deserializing the json. So his issue is different

I’ll be happy to help test any new code you come up with… just took a look and none of the programs I have recorded with Tablo show the name. Usually it’s a mix of some with the name and some without.

Ouch! Ok, tomorrow for sure, no more waiting. It’d really help me get jump started if you could grab one of the error messages from the log file. I’m pretty sure what they should look like, but I’ve been waiting to get one in person.

Thanks!

I will be happy to test for you @CycleJ

These are the only issues I see in the log file…

11/24/2015 4:16:57 PM Exception: Cannot process request because the process (5040) has exited.
11/24/2015 4:16:57 PM Exception: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

That’s all I see… are either of those what you’re looking for?

Other than that, there were no error indicators, no warnings., etc., before, during or after downloading.

I have some feedback for you on your beta version. The Your Recordings Window is unchanged, still no name showing. I tried downloading one of the shows, and interestingly, the name of the downloaded show is no longer blank. It doesn’t have the name of the show in the title, but it does show the episode name. The show I tried downloading is Chicago Fire, and the name of the downloaded file is Sharp Elbows, which is the name of the episode.

Hope that helps.

Still have no data here. Tested a Quinicy ME episode and the file name it gave me was

Sugar and Spice - s06e17 -

instead of

Quincy, ME - s06e17 - Sugar and Spice

so it appear like some progress.

Just let me know what other info you need!

This is better but still is taking the episode name as the show title like previous version

It looks good. All that is missing is the episode name after the SXXEXX

I am having trouble getting the log file to open

Same thing as before