Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Well tried this one after getting as much as could off the drive and it too failed.

So at this time, the Roku 3, my PC (my.tablotv.com), and the Android apps on phone and tablets are totally unable to connect to the unit.

Weird thing is that all the ripping programs on here can access it (including VLC), and that the unit is still recording some but not all new shows that I had previously scheduled. I understand why the rippers can access it, but not why after multiple complete resets that the unit is still recording, yet not showing a guide, live tv, recordings etc.

Oh well, waiting for support and will see what happens.

I am getting a lot of files with no information such as:
-I2015-11-19700.00Z
-I2015-11-19701.00Z
-I2015-11-19702.00Z
Some files appear with the correct name and information

I can click and play them from the computer but I will have to fabricate information to open them in PLEX.
This seems to be getting worse.
I am using version 1.2.4
Rick

Are you by any chance using the new Tablo beta?

I am having the same issue. I have 2.2.7 beta 4 & have a ticket open with support. @RAC put in a ticket to @TabloSupport so they know more people are having this issue.

I’ll be steering clear of any updates then. Until I know Tablo’s updates work with Tablo Ripper, I am not interested to “try it and see if I like it”.

-Rodger

Thanks @CycleJ & @lkahhan! Have ya’ll submitted ticket to @TabloSupport @TabloTV?

Can you send an example of this? We haven’t made any API changes so not sure what’s happening.

Well this is all I can say…

1 Like

@CycleJ - Can either you or @lkahhan PM/post the full response? We’ll be able to get a better sense for what’s happening.

YES I am using the new Tablo Beta 2.2.7
I was sent the beta because a number of programs were not being recorded. I supplied a list of these along with my MAC address and the next day the missing programs were on visible on my Tablo. Some of them I could not delete/
I next installed Tablo Ripper which has been 50 percent successful in delivering programs with the proper name and information and 50 percent of the files come with numbers such as -I205-11-19T06-00Z etc.
I am able fabricate information for these to allow them to run in Plex.

I see that 2.2.8 was just released… be interesting to see if it has the same issue for Tablo Ripper as 2.2.7 Beta #4… I’m willing to bet that it does, as my understanding is that they’re essentially equivalent.

Why are they releasing it when there are major bugs like this on.

This bug wouldn’t be something they test for, as Tablo Ripper is a 3rd part application that they have no involvement in. Their main concern is to ensure it works properly with all the platforms that they support. It would be nice if Nuvyyo could identify what they changed to cause this compatibility issue with Tablo Ripper… CycleJ was nice enough to step up and create this app which a lot of us have come to depend on. It fills a real need to pull content off the Tablo so recorded programs can be stored and used elsewhere. I’m sure having this app takes some of the pressure off Nuvyyo to provide their own version of this software.

Well until it’s fixed one way or the other, no updates for me. I am working pretty fine as is anyway.

-Rodger

It’s still not clear to the eng staff how you guys are getting these malformed responses and like I said previously, there wasn’t anything we changed with the API.

Can you guys please place tickets so we can better understand what’s happening?

I don’t have the beta or the new upgrade yet, but once I do, if I experience this issue, I’ll open a ticket. It’s easy to debug. Just a HTTP request/response.

@CycleJ - We can mark your specific Tablo to be added if you’d like in an effort to get this fixed up because we know how many people rely on your and @Jestep and @cjcox’s utilities.

As I mentioned, this also affects the Plex channel as well. So something changed

EDIT let me add not a single show out of the 10 recorded yesterday show up for me in Plex or my tool. @TabloTV

1 Like

My PLEX channel quit some Tablo updates back.

-Rodger

We’ve been investigating… It may be due to a concatenation of some of metadata. Stay tuned.