Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Done!

1 Like

Trying to install the background service but am getting an error:

Exception: Could not find a part of the path ‘c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64’.

I’m on a 32bit Win7 machine and that path is not there. Anything I can do to get it to work?

Did you install the 32 bit version of Tablo Ripper? If not it’s here.

-Rodger

Yes. I’m able to manually rip

I click on install service and nothing happens that I can tell. The “Start Service” button is greyed out with “N/A” and the install service button does not turn to uninstall service.

Done! Happy to help.

Oops… spoke to soon. The message system rejected it. It’s about an order of magnitude more than they allow.

I’m going to delete a bunch of the non-relevant information. I think that will shrink it down to size and get you what you need. I do see the name of the show in there somewhere.

@TabloTom
Did you download today’s version first?

Yes.

Do me a favor? Can you find where ‘InstallUtil.exe’ is located on your system? It’s going to be somewhere under C:\windows. Once that is located I should be able to install the background service in the 32-bit version.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

SO, currently I can’t connect to my tablo via any device, including my Roku. On a whim I though that since Tablo Ripper software connects differently, maybe it can see the shows on the drive and at least I can pull off a few to watch until Tablo Support finds a fix for my unit.

Wonderfully, Tablo Ripper connected without a hitch and started offloading those episodes I was ready to watch. To my surprise, a number of shows appeared on the list that never appear on the list of shows on any of my tablo apps or Roku.

Haven’t tried to offload them yet to see if they are really there, as I am still getting the ones I want to watch, Once I do I will post here to let everyone know what is happening and to assist Tablo support in fixing the software.

1 Like

Thank you for the option to add the year! I have had zero issues with plex making an incorrect match.

This app is the greatest companion for my Tablo ever.

Thank for all the great work.

4 Likes

I am unable to download this file … I keep getting an error on Dropbox.

On my office Linux machine right now and the download went fine. The only message I see is to sign up for dropbox, but I just select the continue to download option.

-Rodger

1 Like

Found out from support that my database became so corrupted that it is beyond repair and the Tablo must be Factory reset.

Although not all my videos are salvageable, I am using the various software created by the wonderful members of this community to get as much off the unit as possible, before I have support factory reset my unit.

Note, before anyone lets me know I can do this myself by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds (actually 7 is enough), no I can’t. My unit is so messed up that even this doesn’t work anymore.

Thanks to all those that took the time and effort to create programs to help us offload the videos to our hard drives.

Kudos to You All!

3 Likes

@joelgilb Here is another factory reset if the press and hold doesn’t work for you. I posted this elsewhere and am just copying and pasting .

Seems there is a second “factory reset” procedure available other than the press and hold the reset button until it flashes fast.

WARNING this will also delete your recordings

Unplug the power cord, hold the reset button, plug the power cord back in, waiting until the blue light flashes, let go of the button.

This took me back to 2.2.2, and is asking me to upgrade to 2.2.6. I think I’ll wait a few days though I was not having issues on 2.2.6…

I have since upgraded to 2.2.6

Forgot about that one Tom, thanks for the reminder. Might try it as soon as I finish ripping whatever videos I am able to get.

Thx!

yeah! It is downloading now. Hmmmm, not sure what the problem was yesterday. I did do the latest W10 build last night though. Stranger things have happened. Thank you for creating this.

@CycleJ Would it help if I moved the InstallUtil.exe file to another location?

Probably not - I’m just not able to work on this at the moment. I’ll get back to it this weekend. Sorry :unamused: