Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

just downloaded and it works fine! Thanks!!!

I’ll keep searching for new characters.

2 Likes

@Christian_Marois
Do me a favor? Try the version I just uploaded. It should do at least as good of a job handling special characters, if not better.

@CycleJ
ok, up and running. Seems fine.

Do have a new one:

ê = àª

Tx!

The question is: Did the new version handle that new combination automatically? Or not?

Thanks for your help

No, but it did ok on the older characters I gave you.

BTW, for the character string for à, I think there is a blank space after as I now have double spaces after it.

@Christian_Marois
:confounded:Disappointed that using a different encoding didn’t fix the problem “in general”. But I added your new case - without the trailing space, just to be sure we get it. If you still end up with double spaces, I’ll adjust that next time around.

I didn’t bump the version number (no point confusing the general population), but if you’ll d/l the latest version, uninstall (because I didn’t bump the version) the current version, and replace it with the new one, you should see the new substitution.

So…how fast should it go? I’m seeing about 5 minutes for a 1 hour recording at 720p/30.

Totally depends on your tablo, network, and PC. 5 minutes per 1 hour recording is “medium” speed.

Thanks for the reply. I have everything on a wired gigabit network. The rip uses less than 8 percent of that bandwidth. Only using around 8 percent of available CPU resources too. So it seems that neither the network nor the PC is the bottleneck.

I was thinking that it was probably because Tablo is limited to 100 Mbps…that would seem to fit with the bandwidth utilization that I’m seeing…(?)

@CycleJ ok did uninstall and DL the version on dropbox but not seeing any differences, Same double space after à and ê still the same odd symbol, looks like the code did not found it.

Tx!

I added a couple tweaks that might help. Please download the latest when you get a chance and let me know how it looks.

Is there a simple way to redirect Tablo Ripper to look for the Tablo file structure on a separate hard disk NOT connected to Tablo? I am having problems with Tablo erasing my backup transfered to a USB drive when plugged back into Tablo. It is recognized by Tablo Rippper via “http://192.168.1.17:18080/plex/rec_ids”, but twice now I have started the ripping process only to be halted by Tablo erasing the drive without my consent. First time I figured I did it somehow by mistake, 2nd time I know Tablo did it on purpose.

There is about 1.4 TB of shows/movies I would kinda like to get to somehow.

-Rodger

It appears that Tablo keeps a recording list “inside” the box that may/not match the actual hard drive contents. That’s what you see when accessing the link you posted. TabloRipper gets that list, and runs thru it, skipping “not found” errors where the actual recording doesn’t exist on the hard drive.

I don’t know of any way to get the actual list via HTTP, which means there’s no way to access them with TabloRipper. But I vaguely remember seeing another forum thread on concatenating hard drive segments to create complete videos. And yet another thread on how to mount your drive under windows (it’s a non-native partition).

Maybe that’s your best bet?

“It appears that Tablo keeps a recording list “inside” the box that may/not match the actual hard drive contents.”

I believe this is true, because I swapped my main hard drive with an empty drive to test Live TV loading performance, and the Tablo still had all my old recordings listed, but nothing was actually on that drive.

Yes there is a database of all recordings stored locally on the Tablo.

Well when I connect the restored backup drive to the tablo, it connects and syncs and Tablo Ripper sees the correct content (for a while) on the current HD as well as content that was recorded on the HD that was replaced. I know tablo keeps a working database of all recorded content regardless of whether or not it’s the same HD or a different HD, as long as tablo hasn’t been fully reset. But, tablo does not like having HD’s swapped apparently and it chooses to delete all content on the restored backup at some point. This is the only real problem with getting content ripped with Tablo Ripper from backed up and restore content.

I’ll live without my backups, but I will also look to see what else can be done.

Thanks.

-Rodger

Maybe has something to do with the new “escape from purgatory” feature? I dunno. But syncing the internal list to match the actual hard drive contents seems like a priority (IMHO).

Good hunting!

@CycleJ, wanted to say thanks for your work. Really enjoying the Ripper and its benefits.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

Success!

à, é, è, ê are fine. You even got another character right that I did not sent you, so I think you found the right way to extract the text! I’ll keep an eye to see how robust it is.

Tx for taking the time to fix this!!!

2 Likes