Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Looks like you’re SOL - as Tablo Ripper…

has been deprecated
As a result, I’ll no longer provide the download link here

The first post was lasted edited Sept 7 2023 with that note.
:frowning_face:

I saved a version in 2017, not sure if that was after the developer stopped making updates or not.

TabloRipper-v2.2.4

1 Like

Wow! I’m shocked and appalled that CycleJ would just delete the public repo of his excellent tool like that. Why didn’t he just mark it as an archived repo and add a notice to the top of the Wiki pages noting that all development and support had ended?

Fortunately, Archive.org has preserved the last version (v2.43): Downloads & Release Notes · cyclej/TabloRipper Wiki · GitHub

It’s strange though that the 32bit variant is different by a few bytes than what I had downloaded before. So anyway, get the 64bit if you can.

2 Likes

That’s a bit strong - “shocked and appalled”

Tablo Ripper’s age has been discussed, developed in the Windows 7 era, now EOL. With no future development 8yrs old is severely outdated in Windows, actually any software running on a networked system.

It’s fortunate it runs, knowing there’s likely some libraries that are depreciated with new, security patched ones out there

Wow! I’m sad and disappointed @CycleJ just deleted everything. Yet grateful he continued providing support for the pas 8 years!! a big

THANKS!

3 Likes

Wow! I didn’t realize it’s been 8 years for Tablo Ripper. I remember the early days when @CycleJ had just introduced it to the community, and he was still adding features and fixing issues. I was one of the early users, and offered feedback and suggestions, and greatly appreciated the effort that it took to bring this great piece of software to the Tablo community.

Sorry to see it go, but I understand that continued support of Tablo Ripper can take a fair amount of time. A big THANK YOU to @CycleJ for all your efforts in having provided us with a great tool to use for all those years!

5 Likes

Thank you Joltarin for the link. Mt Tablo Ripper is up and running again.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten Tablo Ripper to work with the new Tablo 4 ?

I tested it and can’t see the Tablo 4 on my network. I use Ripper with my older Tablo box fine on same network.

It does not work with the newer unit.

Is it available for download for those of us who still have older tablos?

As noted above

Yes, it’s a strong reaction. In my opinion, people should be allowed to make their own choices, so words of warning (and perhaps adding an extra hurdle to overcome) are much more appropriate than more forcefully trying to stop people from what you perceive to be committing a mistake.

Anyway, no doubt that I greatly appreciate @CycleJ effort to create and support this excellent tool. I’m sorry I forgot to say so in my previous comment.

On the other hand, I’ve finally tried using Tablo Tools, and while I find its UI to be somewhat confusing (at least at first) and needs more documentation, especially about the file naming templates, it has several more advanced features that Ripper doesn’t.

The developers of these third party apps had to sign an NDA with Tablo inorder to develop their application. Since several of the third party apps have been made inaccessible to new users by their authors, I’m assuming that Tablo requested/required them to do this.

I do agree with the appreciation expressed toward @CycleJ. His app and his devotion to help users including myself, is greatly appreciated.

Long live the Legacy Tablos and their users.

CycleJ made their choice. You don’t have to like it, likewise you are fee to condemn them or offer condolences.

I tend to believe much of the work was done during the pandemic, so it tapered off since life came back. Sadly, much of the “documentation” seems to be pieces in the forum, so it’s widely scattered. By now it’s dated and way too long to cipher through I’m sure.

Yes and no. There are some app developed open source without an NDA, Tablo Tools released uses the MIT License and SurLa Tablo released under GPL.

What if you need to reinstall the program? I cannot get the ripper to automatically upload new programs to my Windows 10 desktop. Still works manually, but I prefer the automatic uploads. Any suggestions?

I’m hoping someone can help me. I have been using tablo ripper for many years with no issues. My computer just crashed and I installed again on a different computer running Windows 10. It opens…the list of recordings populates but when I try to manually record a show, it looks like it’s going to work just fine but then it reverts to initializing again and the list of recordings just re-populates again. This happens over and over. As an FYI, I have the legacy tablo. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Thank you!

Thanks for all the work you put into tablo ripper. I am using the original Tablo quad. My HDD crashed and I am wondering if it’s possible to download the original tablo ripper 1 more time?

Thanks

Try the following link: Downloads & Release Notes · cyclej/TabloRipper Wiki · GitHub

Hopefully this link will still work to download Tablo Ripper.

2 Likes

If there is no longer a download link, is their another option for legacy tablo users to get Ripper?

There is a download link via the Internet Archive WayBack Machine in the previous post. There are other 3rd party application still available and functioning.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201023084217/https://github.com/cyclej/TabloRipper/wiki/releases/TabloRipper_2_4_3.zip

and maybe, but it uses an old (possible eol) version of python -

Mine is still used by me daily and uses Java, multi platform, and can be enhanced as necessary, if necessary

2 Likes