Tablo Quad/Roku Ultra freeze

Same Here - Quad - 2.2.42; 11.5.0 build 4235

Have any of you tried disabling the screensaver to see if that helps?

My screensaver have been disabled for over a year on my Roku express 4k. Before the last firmware from Tablo and Roku, my Roku had some freeze. But no freeze since the last firmwares. Roku Express 4k OS 11.5.0 build 4235-CR. Tablo : 2.2.42.

The Roku screensaver has not caused a freeze for me yet. Mine is always backing out of a recorded program so I can delete it. Then i get the black blank screen and have to exit out and restart the Tablo app.

My Tablo quad 1TB that I just bought freezes at the end of a recording playback on my Roku TV. Screen just goes black and remote does not respond to anything but Home to exit the Tablo app. Not sure why. This seems to be a reproducible problem that a Tablo software fix can address.

Tablo just released a Roku app update which they stated as being incredibly minor, not sure if it will make any difference, but it might be worth a try to be sure your Roku is at least running the latest version.

You’re lucky I installed the new release and now see an increase in the gray screen that responds to the home button. But also the black screen that causes the roku(11.5-4235) to reboot. Mostly for 1x or above FF. It use to be it took 2X or above to become unstable.

But I’ll live.

As of Feb 1st 2023 this issue is still occurring. Again worse than when I began noticing. Any updates on getting this fixed?

2 Likes

I too am having this issue and been having it for a while. It is not getting better. Any update would be appreciated.

I have the same issue. With my Roku. It is not consistent however sometimes it lock up and sometimes it doesn’t.
When I use an Amazon fire stick no problem.

Roku V12 software is coming, (sarcasm) that’s sure to resolve all the issues…(/sarcasm) :grimacing:

1 Like

Praying for the best with Roku 12, but prepared for a few glitches initially with the Tablo app…

This is really tiresome, having to exit the app and restart at the end of each show. It seems to happen more often with longer shows (1 hr or more) and less with half hour shows. Screen just freezes, usually to black, but sometimes the show timeline bar is visible. Otherwise there is no way out except exit and restart. It’s at least 3 months now…

Roku updated software to v 12.0.0.0 Build 4171 yesterday but the freeze is still occurring.

We’re fast approaching 1 year since this issue started showing up. Oct 2022. Are we any closer to getting a solution? Do we even know if this is a Tablo issue or a Roku issue?

My Ultra is running 12.5 now and the black screen lockup seems to be gone (I’m on 12.5.0-4167-46 presently).

Ah…still on 12 here. Just checked and still no 12.5 showing up yet. Let me check all my devices.

I have 3 Roku devices and a Roku TV. The 2 extra devices updated to 12.5, one of which is a 2016 streaming stick I am giving to a co-worker… Still waiting for the Roku TV in the LR and the Roku Ultra in the Master Bedroom to update.

Yep I have 2 Streaming Stick pluses that have updated to 12.5. My Roku Ultra is not showing 12.5 yet. Both my TCL Roku TVs are also stuck on 12.0. Maybe soon. The Ultra is my main one however.

Try checking for an update manually.