Tablo Plex Channel - Tablo Connect?

@7up, same bug we are talking about… @Davidvr submitted the fix but it has not been picked up yet.

Yup… same here… I can wait… 

@Davidvr, any way to prod them? If they don’t pull today I am guessing everyone using it will be out of luck this weekend

Thanks.   I appreciate the efforts made for the Plex plug-in until TabloTV steps up and releases a native app

The channel was updated, might require a restart of plex (in my case) to get it updated.

Pull request was committed 38 minutes ago - time to try it out.

Beat me to it

@Davidvr :stuck_out_tongue:

@Davidvr and everyone else.  WORKED FOR ME!!  Thanks for giving up part of your weekend and a lot of your time!

@Davidvr

Tablo channel in Plex now connects remotely to my Tablo - however intermittently when I click on something in the Tablo channel (Shows, Recent Recordings, etc.) it will work or it will spin for a long time then bring up the Plex login screen (username and password for Plex Pass account).

This actually occurs all the time with Scheduled Recordings, and the About Your Tablo under the Help screen.

Thanks for all the hard work - much appreciated!

Working now.  I had to uninstall from Plex and reinstall, restart, but maybe I was just too impatient.  But the app was up four hours ago, so it appears that auto update didn’t.

I don’t know how these things work, but I assume the Roku Plex channel, with the Tablo channel in it, just show what they are given.  Two things come to mind.  First, Nuvyyo should buy a license to the channel, with a royalty per download.  There is a huge Plex community much, much bigger than Tablo, that has been asked every year what new capability they want, and “Live TV and PVR” have been the heavy favorite, yet Plex has done nothing about it.  Now along comes Tablo with a complete, user friendly (sort of) solution, and the first/only one to do this.  Silicon Dust does not have a solution (I tried).  So the revenue / value of Tablo would be tremendously increased by encouraging the Tablo channel to be fully supported, then spread the word through all the Plex user groups (there are dozens).

Apart from that, but would obviously be more able to be done with financial support, is to make the Tablo channel be more of a front to the crazy Tablo GUI.  I have to step through dozens of thumbnails looking for a show, no indication of which is oldest, how many, etc.  And no convenient way to delete a week’s worth of Ten O’clock News.  So make a front end that receives the information from the Tablo feed, then present it with a list with details, maybe even build in limiting how many are recorded by deleting the extras in the background nightly, etc.   And with a better channel surely they would rather license the channel than spend the time and money trying to catch up on their own.

My $.02.

BTW: if the producers of the Plex Tablo channel would put up a PayPal link I would gladly throw $20 in the pot for the channel.

The Plex Tablo channel developers are separate from the Tablo developers. I don’t think Tablo is looking to monetize the apps for their product. You already pay for the device and a yearly subscription fee. Regardless this discussion is quite different than what I was talking about in this thread - no hijacking please :stuck_out_tongue:

@oldmike The Tablo channel is a open source project, In regards to some of what you said, my goal with it has always been two fold, to implement a way to access the Tablo remotely with more options, I.E. lower bandwidth usage and not using one of the Tablo tuners and 2, to make the data accessible in way the Tablo GUI itself does not, IE Recent recordings ordered by date recorded and Scheduled Recordings, showing what is going to be recorded. If I can think of a good way to delete old recordings I will definitely implement it, I’ve already implemented a script a while back to delete duplicate recordings http://www.vanronk.net/2014/09/11/remove-tablo-duplicate-recordings/ and it wouldn’t be too hard to do the same inside of the plugin, I’m just hesitant because what if it blows up and accidentally deletes more than it should, or worse, deletes everything. 

@Davidvr

Did you see my previous post about when using an External IP with the IP Ooverride feature that not all the screens in the channel load properly? This is both from the Plex Media Server interface directly on the computer, and the Roke interface.

@theuser86 I know why that is but it might be hard to fix , the problem is the api does not provide all of the information used, a bit of it uses the roku api that is on a different port

@Davidvr

Thanks! But how about when not using the Roku? Just using the Plex Tablo channel on the PMS still utilizes the Roku API?

@theuser86 The open API that the channel uses does not provide information on the scheduled recording or about the tablo itself, so in those cases I call the Roku API on the tablo to provide that information. 

@Davidvr

Ah that makes sense - thanks for the clarification. I can access the Live TV and Recordings so that's the most important part. Scheduling can be done through the iPad or the Chrome browser.