Tablo Longevity

I’ve already did that and it only works with it plugged in the router with RabbitEars the only draw back is less channels. I had to format the hard drive that I used with the old one to use with the new one but the new one keeps stopping and loosing connection and splits my recordings. I think the new Tablo is a dud.

Amazon has a 30 day return or exchange policy right? You could always exchange it and see if that fixes the problem.

Had my 4 tuner since mid 2014 and other than the power supply dying this year and Tablo Connect being hit or miss it’s been solid

1 Like

Exactly the the same story - on Rokus, Nexus Player and MiBox. I did have to do serious upgrading of my router and wireless system.

1 Like

If using wireless, 802.11AC is best. Both Tablo and DIRECTV NOW do better with newer cable modems and routers.

I had a tablo that the WiFi went out on. It’s the same setup that the old tablo was on and it worked 98 % of the time I would say that the new one works 15 % of the time. I called support but it’s still not working.

“What” works 15% of the time? Can you offer a bit more info? Is it getting disconnected from the network most of the time? ??

It disconnects it reboots it cuts recordings into 3 to 4 parts. It will even stop streaming live tv. I have had a tablo that didn’t do that. If this had been my first I would return and never look back. But I know it works because I had one that worked. Support is trying to find out what’s wrong.

They said they fixed it but last night it cut the Carol Barnett special in three parts. Seal team in three parts one was 1 min the second one was 11min and the third one was 18 min but did record because I’d a bad hard drive. This sucks I guess I’m going to sent it back to Amazon and run a cable close to the router so I can use my old Tablo.

Called them this morning and was on hold for 45 min then got a recording saying they was now closed.

z

As you can see it will not record show with out cutting them into parts and when I try to watch them the Tablo disconnects. I had one that worked 98% of the time but this really sucks when you can’t record or watch because the show that do by chance get recorded when trying to watch the Tablo will disconnect.

From today when last night they said they fixed it

Maybe they just went to lunch, mate? The holiday support hours messages says they are open 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. this week.

I sometimes have recordings split into pieces during inclement weather. That is a reception problem so I don’t know how they can possibly fix it.

It’s a beautiful day in Alabama no bad weather at all the tv that I watch play perfectly and my old Magnavox DVD recorder with hard drive has been recording the shows with out any problems. Even my old tablo with rabbit ears record show with out any problems. The only thing wrong is it is hookup to rabbit ears and don’t get the channels I get with the outside antenna. On the old tablo the WiFi antenna went out on it the only way for it to work is to plug it in the router. Which is what I’m going to do and send the new one back.

I just got a call from support saying there phone went down and they are still working on my problem. They say it might be the hard drive. I hope it’s something that simple. But it’s the same hard drive that my old Tablo used.

Ok update they never called back and I tried to call them 25 min on hold just to hear they was closed I think there phones are still messed up. I took the hard drive and hooked it up to my iMac and formatted the hard drive I had nothing to lose at this point most of the recording was split in half and the ones that did record the Tablo would disconnect from the network. Anyway after I formatted the hard drive I hooked it up to my Tablo and it reformatted them drive it seams to have fixed the problem. I’ve recorded several show on different channels without them being split. I hope that is all that was wrong with it. I really do like the Tablo like I said before my old one work 98% of the time. I will update in a few days.
One more question my old Tablo works but only if you hook it up to the router and going to get a antenna cable run to that room. My question is can you have more than one Tablo on the same network?

I am not certain, but I believe the answer is yes. I’m confident someone here knows for sure.

In other posts, your issue has been the result of a bad hard drive or a reception issue.

Try swapping the hd cables first. Then try a new hd.

If that is not the issue, check your antenna alignment. I don’t know how they fix an antenna issue if that is the problem.

If it is a hd, start researching the forum for ways to copy from one hd to another.

Yes you connect - just name them differently so you know which ones you’re connecting to

Also if a format of the HDD fixed the issue, then maybe the HDD is failing / dying - the problem may re-appear as you fill up the drive. Consider a new HDD.

i remember when i had segmented recordings all the time. this was when i used a 4 TB seagate drive with the tablo. for some reason, it did not like the drive. i switched the 4 TB drive with a 1 TB drive and since then, it’s been rock solid, even with just a simple indoor leaf style antenna taped onto a wall. the 4TB drive has been re-purposed as my home’s network share drive instead of the 1 TB drive. no problems with the 4TB drive being used this way. and recordings on the 1 TB drive have been good. so there’s nothing wrong with either drive. i don’t stock pile my recordings, so 1 TB was plenty for the tablo. it just did not like the larger capacity drive. the 1 TB drive was also a western digital drive instead of seagate. maybe that had something to do with it as well.