Tablo Longevity

That might be the ticket, mate. I couldn’t connect to my Tablo4 some time ago, and it came back to life once I replaced that power block.

2 Likes

This is the email I got from Tablo
Tablo Support - Matthew (Tablo)
Dec 14, 2:04 PM EST

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Tablo support.

Unfortunately, the Black Friday price was only available during the Black Friday sale and am unable to offer this price anymore.

We do currently have a sale on our refurbished 2 tuners and 4 tuner Tablos.

Referring to your current Tablo, can you check the Ethernet port on the back of the Tablo. There should be two small LEDs lit up (orange and green) above the Ethernet port as long as you have an Ethernet cord plugged in. Are they lit up? Do they go out if you remove the Ethernet cord?

Thanks,

Matthew
Tablo Support
Monday-Friday 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM ET
www.tablotv.com/support

I did order the power supply hoping it will bring it back to life. The blue light come on with the one it came with. That is about all I can do for now because back in August I got West Neil virus and was in the hospital for 7 weeks I used all of my sick time and have no income coming in but that’s another story.

Have you done this? What did you see?

I have not it’s set up as wireless and with the effects from the West Nile virus I can’t walk with out the help of a walker. And the Tablo is downstairs and the router is upstairs. But I will see if my brother can do it for me thanks.

Sorry to hear about the West Nile, mate, hope you feel better soon.

Since you are using your Tablo on the wifi, I don’t know if I would bother with testing the internet wires. When the power block on my Tablo4 failed, I couldn’t connect to it from the Roku or the iPad. Not sure what it means, but with the bad power block, the Tablo didn’t blink like it normally does after you plug it in, the light was just steady. Maybe you can ask your brother what happens if the light on the Tablo if he unplugs it and then plugs it back in.

Thanks for your concern and I hope I do get to feeling better. I went to the emergency room last night and they put me back to in the hospital. When all you can do is lay in bed you sure miss your tablo. Hopefully the power supply I order will be at the house when I get discharged from the hospital and that fixes it.

Hope you and your Tablo recover.

Got the power supply today and the Tablo blue light still just blinks :frowning:

When my 2 tuner had an issue I had to resort to holding the reset as I pulled and reconnected the power feed.

When you have availability, call Tablo Support during office hours, Mon-Fri.

Amazon has the 4 tuners tablo on sell for 259.99 so I went ahead and bought a new unit. I hope this one last longer than 2 years. I really like the tablo and I bought the life time program guide for the unit that died so it should transfer to the new unit.

got my 4-tuner in november 2014. after a rocky start during the first year, it’s been pretty solid.

I got my new tablo from amazon today and it came with the cable to hook it up to the router so I hooked up my old tablo and guess what it works I unplugged the cable and it does not work no tablo found in the network plugged the cable back in and I see it so I guess the WiFi went out on the tablo. I can’t run a cable from the antenna to the router because of the West Nile virus so I guess I use the new one.

Wow, that’s a sucky defect.

@JohnBoy5562 One thing to check: try rebooting the Tablo after you remove Ethernet. It will only go into Wi-Fi mode once you’ve rebooted. If the blue LED flashes once per second (post-reboot,without an Ethernet cord) this means it’s in Wi-Fi setup mode. We have instructions for this process here.

Ok I’ve hooked up my new Tablo and the problem is when it records a show it records it 3 to 4 times because it looses connection or it does not record at all and said that it has no hard drive. It cut General Hospital In 3 parts and the I love Lucy Christmas special into 4 different parts. And it stop playing when you are trying to watch live or recorded tv. I have to leave the program and start over it does goes back to where it hung up at but it is a pain. My old Tablo never did this. I see in the reviews that you either live be or hate the Tablo. If this was my first I would hate it but I know it works because I had one before. What do you think the problem is? It is set up the same way my old one was set up.

I can’t even watch tv without it stopping. I’m better offf watching live tv on the same channel that the Tablo saying weak or no hard drive. It’s going back to amazon. And I’m going back to a Magnavox DVD player / recorder with a hard drive. It never failed at recording I wish I programmed it to record the I love Lucy Christmas special.

A recording split into multiple segments either means you have signal issues where the weak signal is dropping and the recording stops and then resumes, OR your HDD is failing.

Try a new USB cable for the HDD, if that doesn’t work, then get a new HDD to try. If that doesn’t work, it’s very likely weak OTA signal.

These recordings that are split, is there pixelation in the video when you watch them? Pixelation is an indicator of weak signal.

It’s not the hard drive it is less than 6 weeks old and I used it with my old Tablo. I hooked up my old Tablo to the router and it works just fine I guess the WiFi antenna went out on it. I just have RabbitEars hooked up so I didn’t get as many channels that’s for the old Tablo. . As far as weak channels I have a out side antenna and live less than 10 miles from the TV station. So I. Wouldn’t think it poor Signal it works just fine with the tv and dvd recorder…

Well then if you’ve ruled out everything else, then a bad Tablo. Your old Tablo, you could try factory resetting it and see if that brings the WiFi back to life. You will lose all your recordings though.