Tablo hard drive, channels buffering, and loss of signal

Tablo quad seagate SATA 500G
I have been having problems with several channels buffering and loss of signal
I decided to try a different hard drive
problems still exist
plus this new problem
my recording program directory list remains from the original drive , but now missing since it does not exist on the new drive.
How do clear it ?

also I am seeing this error when plugged into another host
GPT PMBR size mismatch (976773167 != 976773166) will be corrected by w(rite).
The backup GPT table is corrupt, but the primary appears OK, so that will be used.
GPT PMBR size mismatch (976773167 != 976773166) will be corrected by w(rite).

wow lots going on. And not much detail.

Signal loss is typically antenna reception issues, maybe seasonal interference.
Buffering could be drive or issues with connection between the tablo and whatever you use to display on the TV. So more details on your setup and if its wired or wireless.

You could copy the files from the old drive to the new. Search this forum there are several suggestions on how to do this. Or if you want to start fresh reset the Tablo to factory, and reformat the drive.

The GPT PMBR mismatch. Again more details would be nice how did you see that error? It is only off by one so maybe SATA vs USB?? The backup GPT table is troubling. If you were dinking around with partitioning tools you may have corrupted something. If both errors happened on a running drive during normal use I would be backing it up, repartitioning and reformat and not use it for anything critical until it proved its self. There are ways to restore the backup GPT table (google the error). But if you need to save the data, back it up before trying to do so.

The DB for the recordings, and the guide data info is stored internally. The recordings are stored on the drive.

Overnight maintence mode should clear it up

I also have a Quad and NVIDIA Shields. Like you, I’ve also noticed less than Gigabit transfer speeds from my Quad on my CAT6 wired LAN. Thread here: Tablo Quad iperf3 performance not quite Gigabit?

I asked support why the throughput of iperf3 is reporting less than what it should be capable of. I haven’t gotten a definitive response on that yet. Kinda sucks for ripping. Thankfully it doesn’t impact actual viewing.

What system gives you this? You have a current version of fdisk that understands GPT? You have a system which reads ext4?

Yea, that’s still stored internally, not on the drive. If you’ve swapped drives and not reset your tablo, you’ll likely have that until nightly maintenance mode, or you put the original drive back or reset your tablo.

Streaming is don’t on local network, internet speed matters for remote connect and maybe for uploading commercial skip.

contact tablo so they can confirm issue and contact broadcaster. https://www.tablotv.com/ask-tablo/

If you still see these recordings (and can’t play them, assuming you have not re-attached the original hard drive), the fastest way to get rid of them is to delete them manually from the Recordings page.

If you’d prefer to wipe them all at once, the only way to do this is with a factory reset, which will wipe out all recordings and schedules.