Tablo for Plex - Now available in the Plex Channel Store

I wish it was truly that easy. How do you get Plex to recognize tablo and once you do how do you get Plex to pull in the data from Tablo. Mine is bipolar, has found tablo twice after about 50 attempts at reloading the channel in plex and restarting my Plex server. The two times it did connect to my tablo I only saw a couple of tv channels under live tv and none of my recordings. I posted an issue/request for assistance here but no one responded so I thought I would jump on this thread. I really need to access tablo thru Plex for one of my tvs but I am at my wits end. I cannot find any solutions here or anywhere else thru google. PLEASE help?

Any chance you’d be willing to help me understand the DDNS set up? I have a similar scenario with the tablo at a friends house and plex at my place. I have not been able to successfully connect using IP override and would greatly appreciate a few pointers.

I’ve not been able to get my Tablo on PLEX since a few Tablo updates ago. I really don’t need to have it as I put all of my Tablo recordings on my PLEX server using Tablo Ripper. But, just thought about trying it again this morning and found a way in, which works on my system anyway. Haven’t tried it remotely yet, but will this coming Monday on my office computer.

I was getting a intercept saying “No soup for you…” before I fixed it. All I did was click the ‘*’ icon on the Tablo channel icon and pasted my normal web access address which is “http://my.tablotv.com/#/primetime” as an IP override. Everything seems fine now.

-Rodger

I have tried this app several times, but have never been able to get it to work.

I can go into it just fine, but when I try to access recordings, it just says something like “Server Unavailable.”

This only worked the first time I accessed the Tablo channel. Now it just says “Could not connect to your Tablo”.

-Rodger

www.changeip.com

Your router should be able to also use your login and password at www.changeip.com.
Once your router connects to your account it will report your current IP to changeip and changeip will update their DNS to point to your router’s IP. Not sure if that helps but I did not want to get too technical.

Oh are you just using this as a precaution for when/if the public ip renews at your parents house? That way you wouldn’t need to go and add a new IP to the plead tablo channel override? Basically you’re entering a sub domain or some change up domain in the override instead of the direct IP address?

Or are you using this to make it seem as thought your tablo has has an ip on your local network allowing plex and roku a to automatically discover it?

@Davidvr As of a couple of weeks ago, the recordings list in my plugin are “frozen in time”. They show the recordings as of some day and nothing newer. Both the “Shows” and “Recent Recordings” always show the lists as of that date and earlier. The iOS app shows and plays the more recent recordings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and also deleted some of the ~/Library/App Support/ Tablo files. When I reinstall the plugin the old data reappears. I also stopped PMS and deleted the “Dict” file and restarted. It created a new Dict file and still showed old data.

Something else that might help: When I select “Reset Plugin” under the help menu, I don’t see the message in the log from your cleartablodata() that should say “Clear appears to have worked”.

Any suggestions?

Same here, recordings aren’t updated.

Hi,

I can get live TV in my Plex Tablo channel, but recordings are not updated too. Any solution ?

@Davidvr, I’ve done some more digging. The rest API returns used by the plugin have stopped returning the jsonFromTribune sections of data. I think the 2.2.8 update on the Tablo is what caused it.

add me to the list of those unable to access recordings in Plex. has @TabloTV acknowledged the issue at all?

Great work on the channel. I’ve have a few interesting things happen since I been using it over the last day. Sometimes it changes channels on it’s own. After it does this I’m required to back completely out of the channel and restart it or no other channels work. This has happened 3 times. I would be happy to provide debug info you you let me know what you need. Oh, BTW, I’m on the new Apple TV 4.

Just bumping because I tried to install the app but it won’t show up in my list of apps. I try and “browse” and it gives me an error. Hopefully the authors can weigh in on this. I’ve also read that recordings are having playback issues. Thank you for your assistance.

I just pulled in version 2 into the master branch so that I can make room for version 3 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Davidvr You’ll have to forgive me, I’m a brand new Plex user so I’m not following what you mean by Master Branch. Hopefully that means you are updating the Plex Tablo Channel to version 3 so that it can work with Tablo. Thank you again for creating this channel and maintaining it.

@Davidvr
I’m with @strav22 on this one, thank you for taking the time and working on this, I can’t install the channel from Plex but I’m looking forward a newer version that will install itself.

Other thread reports issues with the playback of recording, if the new version could adress that as well it would be beautiful.

thanks again

1 Like

I have installed the Tableo Plex channel for the first time and the channel will not show up in my Chanel list. I have tried installing via the channel store and also manually. Either way, it will not show up even after repeated restarts of server. I can install other channels just fine, however tablo channel will look like it is installed in channel store, but never show up in channel list nor will it start when I try and open it from inside the channel store. I can also confirm that the channel is installed in plugin folder with the correct naming convention. Any thoughts?

@guck11 and all others who cannot get the plugin to load, I found an issue in the version of the plugin that actually comes via plex - https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/Tablo.bundle

When I checked the plugin logs, I kept getting an error that the key ‘ReceordedTV’ wasn’t able to be deleted.
File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist-ninja/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/api/datakit.py", line 77, in __delitem__ KeyError: 'RecordedTV'
This error occurred on both mac and linux installs of plex media server.

I simply added some checks to ensure those keys exist before deleting them and the plugin loaded right up. I submitted a pull request to the plex repo since it didn’t appear that @Davidvr 's repo had the offending lines anymore.

YMMV but feel free to manually install my version of the plugin that has the corrected code and perhaps you can get the channel to load.

If you need help manually installing the channel check the instructions here https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201187656-How-do-I-manually-install-a-channel-

Thanks so much for providing this plugin @Davidvr!

THANK YOU!

This works now, need to test on Apple TV but it’s working on my laptop beautifully.