Tablo for Plex - Now available in the Plex Channel Store

@Davidr   Thank you for the information.  My bad on not clearly differentiating client/server version numbers.  I have downloaded server version 0.9.8.18.  I have never backward re-installed PLEX.  Realizing the support issue mentioned by @cjcox, will it be like starting over or . . . . ?

I really appreciate your efforts!  

I was able to find the Tablo app, and install on the Plex server. However, (even after rebooting the server) the channel doesn’t show on my list of channels…either on the server, or any of my player devices, including Roku/Plex. When I go back into the channel store, the Tablo app has a check mark and says it’s installed. It allows me to check for updates, and even restart the Tablo channel, but still doesn’t show up in my channel listings. ???

@Diligent It can take a few minutes for it to show up but if it still doesn’t show, other users have suggested installing a second channel might resolve it. So try installing a random channel other than the Tablo channel and see if it shows up

Hi David... I actually installed it about 3 days ago. So I uninstalled it, reinstalled it about 2 hours ago. I since have installed 3 other channels and each of them are displaying in the channel directory. I just went back to check the store, and it still shows that Tablo is installed, but nothing on my listing. I just rebooted the server too, before writing this.

Plex server is running on Windows 7.

Tablo.bundle is in the Plug-ins folder in the AppData as well. So it’s definitely installed. Just nothing on the listing.

I checked the files in the .bundle folder, and seems good to go, compared with other channel files. The icon files are present too. Total size of .bundle folder is 587KB....is this correct?

@Diligent PM me the Tablo log files from the plex plugin logs folder

See https://github.com/davidjvr/TabloTV-Plex-Channel/wiki/Troubleshooting for instructions

I find I have to manually remove all the preferences and the cache and all associated fiddly bits in all the various directories for the Tablo plugin if I am having problems before it will cleanly reinstall … 

generally found in the various directories under
{locations will vary depending on your OS – I use linux}

/plexmediaserver/pms/Plug-in Support

./Data/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo
./Preferences/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo.xml
./Caches/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo

as well as the plugin package in 
/plexmediaserver/plugins
Tablo.bundle

For what it’s worth I was having the exact same issues as @Diligent and fixed it with the instructions made by @ericgus

Thank you.

I am also wondering if when I power cycle my Tablo and it picks up a different IP address from the router if the PLEX tablo plugin has problems with the ip change…

@ericgus It should detect a IP change and force the data to be reloaded, I recommend setting your router to give the Tablo a IP Reservation (I wrote the code to detect the IP range but since mine is statically set, I haven’t tested that code well)

The issues Diligent was have appear to be due to the firmware version. Be sure to update your tablo firmware before you install the plex plugin. 
@ericgus It should detect a IP change and force the data to be reloaded, I recommend setting your router to give the Tablo a IP Reservation (I wrote the code to detect the IP range but since mine is statically set, I haven't tested that code well) 

As far as I know I dont think my NETGEAR has that feature … ill check but im pretty sure it doesn’t…

Be sure to update your tablo firmware before you install the plex plugin. 

How?

the only update button I see in the settings is for program guide data… (for what its worth I had the same problems Dilligent had but fixed it myself by doing a full manual removal of the plugin and its various support files)

Tablo Device:

@ericgus should be similar to this http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091/~/how-do-i-reserve-an-ip-address-on-my-nighthawk-router%3F

Your tablo version appears to be up to date

@ericgus should be similar to this http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091/~/how-do-i-reserve-an-ip-address-on-my-nighthawk-router%3F

Your tablo version appears to be up to date

Thanks I never noticed that sub-section in the router config… fixed and done…!

@Davidvr, the Tablo channel rocks!  I just received my Tablo last week and I already had a Plex server running.  With the channel and the PlexConnect “reconfiguration”, my ATV2 now works similar to my Rokus and the iPad is free to serve its original purpose.

If I had to make one request, it would be to second @infinitemonkey 's to include some type of delete option.

@doubleTap Its defiantly on my radar, the only issue right now is that plex does not really have a great why to implement that in a channel. This last week I did finally get the delete call working and wrote a quick script to clean up duplicate recordings (I put up at http://www.vanronk.net/2014/09/11/remove-tablo-duplicate-recordings/ ). So I have all of the bits needed, again, just a matter of figuring out how to implement that inside of the framework plex provides. 

I find I have to manually remove all the preferences and the cache and all associated fiddly bits in all the various directories for the Tablo plugin if I am having problems before it will cleanly reinstall .. 

generally found in the various directories under

{locations will vary depending on your OS – I use linux}

/plexmediaserver/pms/Plug-in Support

./Data/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo

./Preferences/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo.xml

./Caches/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo

as well as the plugin package in 

/plexmediaserver/plugins

Tablo.bundle

@ericgus - It took me a while to find the directories and files in Windows 7 but, once I did, I followed your instructions and re-installed the PLEX Channel without difficulty.  I hope sticks this time.  Thank you very much for the help.

@ericgus - It took me a while to find the directories and files in Windows 7 but, once I did, I followed your instructions and re-installed the PLEX Channel without difficulty.  I hope sticks this time.  Thank you very much for the help.

You are very welcome hopefully my directions won’t be needed for long … and they get it fixed up.

I’m having trouble with getting the Tablo channel installed properly.

I have a Synology NAS with Plex 0.9.9.16 running.

I’ve tried installing the channel using the Plex Web directly, as well as downloading the source from GitHub and doing it manually.

Neither option is working for me. I can see the Tablo.bundle listed in my Plug-Ins folder, however the channel does not show up in the channel list on my Plex home page.

I’ve tried uninstalling it, rebooting the server, reinstalling it (mulitple times now) and nothing changes.

I can go into the Channel Store using Plex Web and see that it shows Tablo is installed, clicking on the Browse button doesn’t have any effect. I’ve even manually changed the PluginPreferences to override the IP of my Tablo and that doesn’t work either.

Any tips?