Tablo for Plex - Now available in the Plex Channel Store

@one1082 Have you tried installing any other channels first? If not install another channel, then install the tablo channel and see if it shows up. 

To reinstall Tablo channel running on a Mac:

1. uninstall Tablo channel from Plex
  2. quit PMS.
  3. in Terminal: find ~/Library/Application\ Support/ -iname tablo -exec rm -rf “{}” \;
  4. Restart PMS
  5. open Media Manager
  6. reinstall Tablo channel.

Add date and s/e to titles in episode list
==========================================

diff --git a/Contents/Code/__init__.py b/Contents/Code/__init__.py
index 809bb8d..c8f4f30 100644
--- a/Contents/Code/__init__.py
+++ b/Contents/Code/__init__.py
@@ -978,17 +978,23 @@ def episodes(title, seriesid, seasonnum):
         Notes:
 #########################################'''
 def getepisode(episodeDict):
+    dt = Datetime.ParseDate(episodeDict['airdate'])
+    mmdd = dt.strftime("%m/%d")
+    if episodeDict['seasonnum']!=0 and episodeDict['episodenum']!=0:
+        se = ' s{0}e{1}'.format(episodeDict['seasonnum'],episodeDict['episodenum'])
+    else:
+        se = ''
     return EpisodeObject(
                             art=episodeDict['backgroundart'],
                             url=Encodeobj('TabloRecording', episodeDict),
-                            title=episodeDict['title'],
+                            title='{0} ({1}{2})'.format(episodeDict['title'],mmdd,se),
                             season=episodeDict['seasonnum'],
                             index=episodeDict['episodenum'],
                             summary=episodeDict['summary'],
                             duration=episodeDict['duration'],
                             thumb=Resource.ContentsOfURLWithFallback(url=episodeDict['url'] + 'snap.jpg',
                                                                      fallback=episodeDict['seriesthumb']),
-                            originally_available_at=Datetime.ParseDate(episodeDict['airdate'])
+                            originally_available_at=dt
     )
 '''#########################################
         Name: getmovie()

To show episode counts (the count itself is not representing the number of episodes available on the table though), just add the following to the TVShowObject

viewed_episode_count = 0, # Needed to show episode count

To show episode counts (the count itself is not representing the number of episodes available on the table though), just add the following to the TVShowObject

viewed_episode_count = 0, # Needed to show episode count

@Peter Thanks, I’ll get that added in

@rbw Its displayed differently on every client so its a hard comprise on how to display the data in different areas. I’m not sure If I’ll merge that it but I’ll play with it. 

@Davidvr thanks.  I am just looking for some indication of what’s the latest show.  For NBC Nightly News I just see a list with no details or air date even in the summary.  Another option would be to make the date format, or even if it is displayed, a configurable option.

i just noticed my mods have disappeared.  Is the channel reinstalled on a periodic basis?

@rbw Have you tried the Recent Recordings section? It should always be in date order but I’ll record some nightly news and see if I can’t come up with a test to add the air date when it makes sense. 

Yes Plex will overwrite any local code changes with the channel copy every so often. 
@rbw Have you tried the Recent Recordings section? It should always be in date order but I'll record some nightly news and see if I can't come up with a test to add the air date when it makes sense. 

Yes Plex will overwrite any local code changes with the channel copy every so often. 

@Davidvr Are the shows in order with newest at top or newest at bottom?  We don’t always stay current with our recordings and will have multiple ‘new’ episodes to watch.  Adding the record or fist aired date would be huge for me. 

@DaveG The Recent Recording section is always with the newest at the top. I’ll double check how that data is passed but aired date should be in the meta data inside of plex because that is what I use to sort it. 

@Davidvr, I noticed an issue recently with the Tablo channel failing to buffer.  If I start watching a show, it will start playing and then it will stop and the spinner will display over the play\pause icon.  The blue ‘timeline’ just freezes and there is no white (what I consider buffered content). Other ATV channels (apps, or whatever you what to call them) buffer several minutes ahead of what is playing.  Is there a setting that can be changed to ensure playback from the Tablo is more seamless?

setup:
4 channel Tablo
Plex v0.9.11.1.678
ATV 2

All devices are connected via 100T

Also changing the IP does nothing for a multi tablo house.

FYI.

Looks like it falls back to the .75 address??

ipoveride=192.168.1.76
Nov 12, 2014 21:08:28 [0x10cc98000] DEBUG - HTTP requesting to: http://127.0.0.1:62211/:/plugins/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo/prefs/set?ipoveride=192.168.1.76
Nov 12, 2014 21:08:28 [0x10cc98000] DEBUG - [com.plexapp.plugins.tablo] HTTP reply status 200, with 0 bytes of content.
Nov 12, 2014 21:08:31 [0x10cd58000] DEBUG - Request: [192.168.1.104:50124] GET /photo/:/transcode?url=http:%2F%2F127.0.0.1:32400%2F:%2Fplugins%2Fcom.plexapp.plugins.tablo%2Fresources%2FcontentWithFallback%3Ffallback%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252F192.168.1.75%252Fstream%252Fthumb%253Fid%253D31237%26urls%3Dhttp%25253A%252F%252F192.168.1.75%25253A18080%252Fpvr%252F70058%252Fsnap.jpg&width=450&height=450&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (8 live)

First, great job on the app guys - very nicely done, and on the whole, works perfectly for me. Couple of minor things I’ve found…if logs, or testing would help, let me know.

1) The Live TV list doesn’t seem to update very often - I still see ‘Today’ on NBC, when it ended 2 hours ago.
2) Playback of Live TV seems to stutter a little - local network is all Gigabit capable, and I don’t see the same stutter with the Tablo webapp itself
3) Cross Domain/404 issue when trying to play remotely - works fine local to the home network - Tried the Direct Play/Direct Stream fix to no avail.

Running Plex 0.9.11.678-c48ffd2 on WHS2011, accessing from various clients including Android, Roku, Firefox, Chrome and IE (but friends don’t let friends use IE…).

Tablo is pretty much the last nail in my DirectTV subscription’s coffin…getting it working seamlessly with Plex would just be icing on the cake :slight_smile:

Steve

@skraut  It was certainly worth a try, but did not work for me.  Thanks for the suggestion though!  Hope it helps others with the same problem.

In the meantime, I am getting “OK” remote access to TABLO via Chromecast.  Not nearly as well integrated as PLEX (when it was working) but better than nothing.  :frowning:

I’m having the same exact issue as you… 

Well… I connected both of my Sony Google TV’s to the plex server and the tablo channel now shows up and streams perfectly to my wired tv and good to the wireless one but I think I’ll run the cat 5 to it.  I’m not sure what triggered the channel to show up (I installed, reinstalled, installed other channels, etc) but it now shows up everywhere…  Thanks for all of the work on this… love it!!!

Quick question here, wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I get no audio when using the tablo channel on Plex with Chromecast. I can get live TV video or recording video just fine, but no audio. The audio works on my PC, but not when I try to cast.

Hey folks, I’ve been grinning for 3 days solid now since I heard about the Tablo device and the Plex plugin.  I don’t yet have a tablo, but I do have a Plex server and am looking to cut the cable cord and get a tablo for christmas… which has all brought me here.

Quick question about the Plex plugin.  From what I’ve read, the Tablo device requires an external hard drive to be plugged into it.  How do I integrate that with my Plex Media Server?  Does the Tablo give network access to the drive so that Plex can see it?  Or do I instead try to plug the Tablo into my Plex server?

Sorry if I’m missing this somewhere, but if someone could explain the hardware and setup needed to get Tablo and Plex working together, I’d appreciate it!
Hey folks, I've been grinning for 3 days solid now since I heard about the Tablo device and the Plex plugin.  I don't yet have a tablo, but I do have a Plex server and am looking to cut the cable cord and get a tablo for christmas... which has all brought me here.

Quick question about the Plex plugin.  From what I've read, the Tablo device requires an external hard drive to be plugged into it.  How do I integrate that with my Plex Media Server?  Does the Tablo give network access to the drive so that Plex can see it?  Or do I instead try to plug the Tablo into my Plex server?

Sorry if I'm missing this somewhere, but if someone could explain the hardware and setup needed to get Tablo and Plex working together, I'd appreciate it!

Yes you need an external hard drive to plug into the tablo device for it to work. After that, plex integration is really easy. Once your Tablo is connected to your network, you can install the tablo channel in Plex, and it will search for Tablo and set it up automatically. There is no plugging your tablo into your plex server or anything like that, it stands on its own. 

Yes you need an external hard drive to plug into the tablo device for it to work. After that, plex integration is really easy. Once your Tablo is connected to your network, you can install the tablo channel in Plex, and it will search for Tablo and set it up automatically. There is no plugging your tablo into your plex server or anything like that, it stands on its own.

Outstanding - thank you!