Tablo for Plex - Now available in the Plex Channel Store

Thanks I added my IP as well and am getting the same error!

Okay everyone, @Bryan_Johnson’s modifications do really and truly work!!!

I had to manually upgrade my Plex Media Server install on my FreeNAS array to the latest version of 1.4.3.3433. There is an excellent write up on how to accomplish this at the link below and also a direct link to the update scripts repository.

Once that was done I had to reinstall the Tablo.bundle again as the Plex upgrade overwrote the manual install I did earlier. Once all this was done it is rewarded with Tablo goodness directly in Plex!

Many, many, many kudos to @Bryan_Johnson!!!

Can i get a woot woot from the Tablo crew!

1 Like

Where does the PMS updater go? in the Resources as a separate folder?

@Bryan_Johnson, the Tablo Channel is confirmed working on my Samsung TVs using the Plex app. Both over Wired and Wireless, the streaming works great! Much improved over the past iterations. Truly a viable and workable solution now! Only thing I noticed was that some of the show episode titles don’t populate. For example Jeopardy shows up in the list but the individual episode titles all just show “untitled”.

@road3682, The PMS_Updater script can go anywhere inside your Plex jail on your FreeNAS box. It’s run via the command line access to the box. You ssh to the FreeNAS box and then use the jls and jexec commands to access your Plex jail. Then you download the script there and set it up and run it there. I ran it as “PMS_Updater -u myaccount -a -v”. That way it prompted me for my password to login to the Plex repositories. Once it was done I just restarted Plex and I was on the latest Plex Pass version. As noted without the -u option it will just get the latest public release which is what the current plugin is that is available via the FreeNAS repository.

It should also be noted that the latest Plex Pass version includes the Plex DVR beta. Now we have two paths to OTA goodness all in the same place!

Thanks for the reply- not running a FreeNAS - just have the plex media on my laptop at present-so doesn’t seem to help on my set up-appreciate the effort…

Ah yes. If that’s the case it will not help. The script was designed for FreeNAS. I do however think that there are update instructions on the Plex website for other normal platforms like Windows.

@road3682 and @bearcatqb, can you please verify your plex servers are up to date? I am testing on version 1.4.3.3433-03e4cfa35

@Bryan_Johnson I am using the Plex DVR feature. So I am on the latest version which is Version 3.0.1.

Thanks!

@bearcatqb, that is the web version (i.e. the version of the web interface) of your PMS. Click on the server tab under settings to confirm the server version. Plex DVR Beta has been in the Plex Pass release of PMS since 1.4.1.

@Spunky03 lol sorry. It’s Version 1.4.2.3400

I would suggested getting to the latest 1.4.3 which is what I did and so far all has been working excellent.

@Spunky03 when I search for updates it says I’m up to date. Do you use the DVR function?

Thanks

@bearcatqb, that is very odd and you might need to take this to the Plex forums. I know the latest build available for download for Plex Pass folks is the 1.4.3.3433 mentioned above by @Bryan_Johnson. Did you install a beta download release of the 1.4.1 version from the links in the DVR Beta forum? If so you might not be able to update that version and it might be stuck. Might have to download the official release and uninstall and reinstall.

To answer your other question, yes. I’ve been testing the Plex DVR for a few months now on a separate box. After seeing that @Bryan_Johnson fixed the Tablo channel I upgraded my main box to the 1.4.3 version and turned off my test box. So now I’ve got all my goodies in one basket so to speak. :wink:

@Spunky03 I have now updated my Plex to Version 1.4.3.3433

And am now getting “Could not connect to your tablo.”

:frowning: Help lol

When I connect to my IP Address for my Tablo it shows the html screen Nuvyyo Tablo Server so obviously the IP Address is correct.

After you did the upgrade to 1.4.3 did you delete and redeploy the Tablo.bundle again? I had a similar issue and found that the upgrade redeployed the old version of the Table Channel.

I had deleted it from my Plug-Ins folder not from Plex. I removed it from plex this time and readded to the plug-ins folder and it showed the live tv channels the first time. When I clicked to play it gave me an error and didn’t play. Now I have backed out and tried going back in and getting the same error as previously @Spunky03.

Sorry to be a pain guys just can’t get it to work.

Thanks to @ccridge for sending me some more logs. Looks like Plex is automatically overwriting the patched channel - so it works once or twice, then you’re back to the broken version. To prevent this, try the following:

1. delete the tablo channel from the plex interface
  2. delete Tablo.bundle from the plex plugins folder
  3. download the patch into the plex plugins folder from here: https://github.com/dbjohnson/Tablo.bundle/tree/patch
  4. restart the plex server, and give it a minute to find the new plugin
2 Likes

Thanks, Bryan! I will try that today. I previously had the Tablo plug-in installed, when we lived in Baltimore/Washington market. It was removed about a year ago when it no longer worked. When I installed your new one, all the old channels showed up, (albeit without any content info) along with the new channels from here in the Ft Wayne area.

I think I was also seeing the overwriting you described in your OP. All of a sudden, I start seeing “cannot load your tablo” virtually immediately.

Thank you again, so much, for taking this project on. As you may have noticed, there are many out here appreciating your hard work!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You @Bryan_Johnson & @Spunky03 the fix that Bryan posted fixed my issues!. Everything is working flawlessly. I can now stream from my Tablo using this plugin and from my HDHomeRun using the Grand Slam plugin. Life is good!