Tablo for Plex - Now available in the Plex Channel Store

My experience is that only ATV4 Plex App v1.1 is busted.

The Tablo channel plug-in is fine. The new Plex app is not communicating well according to my log files.

Not working here as well…

I’m back to using Airplay again too…

I didn’t turn off autoupdates in time… back to wishing for the Apple TV app i guess :cry:

Edits that fix work around the issue are posted on the Plex forum if you are willing to edit the Tablo plugin Python code on your PMS and disable auto updates there as well.

Does anyone have the Tablo/Plex app working outside their home? Works great then on the LAN, but not when coming from internet. Port forwarding enabled for Tablo device and Plex/32400. Issue occurs when attempting to stream actual video; menu navigation works well up until you click the play button.

Yes, it works fine both with my Samsung Galaxy S5-mini and my android tablet. I had problems at first getting it running correctly, and it seemed like the program guide was displaying old (past) programs. I un-installed the channel, and also went into the channel directory in Plex and drilled down to the Tablo channel, and blew it all out. Then, I did a fresh reinstall.

Bandwidth is a problem, and I have mine set quite low (only about 1mbs) so that I don’t lose the signal because of bandwidth limitation on the train. When I go away for the weekend, or on business, I bounce it back up, as I will be using it from the hotel. In these cases, 2 mbs give a nice clear picture, even hooked to the HDMI port on the hotel TV.
(Worked great when we were assigned to Korea and visited Guam!)

Are any of your Plex channels working outside of the home? HGTV is a good basic one to test with as it doesn’t use any device-specific encryption like many of the others. It’s comfortable with the 1mbs cap, too. Given that you’re getting channel info and the program guide from the Tablo over to the Plex, I would take a look at your PLEX data out rate. Are you able to send any other program content to your cell phone or tablet from PLEX?

Jim

Seems like HGTV works great. Starts up right away with great quality. Just for grins, I installed Plex on a Windows PC (I was using Mac OS X - El Capitan) and the same problem exists there (Tablo works intranet/hangs on video play for internet & HGTV works). I must have something configured wrong somewhere!

If HGTV works ok outside of your network, this indicates that your port forwarding in Plex is working fine. Do you subscribe toTablo Connect? [This provides the program guide to Tablo] For the tablo to direct connect outside of your wifi [w/o Plex], a subscription is required. Not sure if this requirement carried over into the Tablo Channel for Plex, as it was developed outside of Tablo.

Hi, yes, the Tablo application itself works great natively off of my home network (internet). I was interested in getting Plex to work because the Roku application doesn’t stream across the internet. Would love to see either of these two enhancements to the Tablo product which would greatly simplify this need: 1) enable the Roku Tablo application to work across the internet, or 2) create the ability to cast from an IOS device to a Roku.

Any other ideas on what to look at to diagnose are greatly appreciated.

There are a couple of threads on this forum detailing some of the steps others had taken (in both IOS and Win) to modify the python code for this channel. This may be something you need to do:

I made no changes to anything, checked my Plex channel which was previously not working and it seems to work (for recordings at least, didn’t test live tv)

Hi guys just wanted to say I got api access now and will start looking over the plex plugin… However while I do that i would love to hear what people would like are issues i might be able to look into… For me I really want to check about the ability to sync for offline viewing (though i believe this is a plex issue and will take to the devs)

Thanks
-Chris

1 Like

Hey Chris,

thank you in advance for working on the channel.

A bit more organization with the recorded content would be really nice. If you could make it something similar to how the recordings are showed on the web app or even the iPad app it would be awesome.

Concerning your ability to sync for offline viewing, have you checked out tablo ripper? If you import your file into your plex library it might be easier to sync from there.

anyway thanks again and good luck!

@crichardso

Chromecast! :smiley:

Sync would be cool! Or even optimized version maybe? Would rock!!
The guide could use some help.
Any way to sync the resume watched status with the Tablo would be cool but prob not possible.

Other than that I’ve had a good experience with the plugin so far.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Would it be possible to manage recordings, like delete a watched show?

oh… and also a LOT more info on the recorded files. Shows like news show as only the show name & the rest is blank. No record date or time, nothing. So there is no way to tell what one is what in the plugin.

@jayeffgee

Ok ill look to see what is possible in terms of layouts that are possible as a channel (I make no claims of skill on design)

As far as tabloripper I did but if i can get it to sync via the channel it will be even easier for me especially since I travel a fair bit.

1 Like

@riffy

I didnt realize chromecast didnt work Ill check this one out

@jbritton3

The API does have delete support so that might be possible to allow the channel to do

1 Like