Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

Thanks Mark. I’m not savvy enough to run from terminal, I rely on the GUI. At least I have a work around which seems to find the recordings.

It shouldn’t miss programs and the only way to figure out why is to run it from the terminal or command prompt

You are on mac and that will be easy.

So where did you create the folder? In your home dir?

This is literally the command I run with the files in a folder called dist, notice dist/ :
java -jar dist/TabloExport.jar -debug

The debug should get us a lot more data to look at :wink:

Oh and instead of unzipping again to a new folder, just delete recordings.db

I have it in my downloads - right now it is finding all my files. Next time I notice a missing one I will run the debug.

Oh well that is good news, it may have been the same issue that Mark was having.

Thanks!

FYI, new version is available for all at http://jettsoft.com/products.html

With the latest version of Tablo that is released 2.2.12, you will need to use this new version as the old functionality has been removed and required changes to the code to pull the shows.

The worst part of this update? The initial load will take a long time. If you have a lot of recordings it could take minutes if not more.

The best part of this update? Once the initial load is done subsequent loads should be MUCH faster. Take a look at my testing below:

PRE-CACHED DATA
Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)
Opened database successfully
Total Shows: 456
Time in seconds: 51 seconds.
Time in minutes: 5 minutes.
Time in hours: 0 hours.
DB Connection Closed!
Done Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)

POST-CACHED
Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)
Opened database successfully
Total Shows: 456
Time in seconds: 2 seconds.
Time in minutes: 0 minutes.
Time in hours: 0 hours.
DB Connection Closed!
Done Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)

So after initial load a reload only took 2 seconds to load all the data for 456 shows.

Thanks much!

2 Likes

Folks, need help. Read this whole thread, more than once. Watched the videos (somewhat dated). Trying to set up Exporter. Problem is after downloading, can’t find FFMpeg.exe! When I run Tablo Exporter, I get the UI. I can connect to the Tablo. I see all the recordings, but when I try to point to the aforementioned FFMpeg.exe in the download folder, there is not one available. There are several files with FFMpeg, but NONE with ‘.exe’. I’ve downloaded the latest version twice with the same result.

Any suggestions?

You probably did not download the EXE, if you are on Windows the download page for ffmpeg links to a different page:
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

That is where you would get the exe. Otherwise you are getting the files to build ffmpeg.

Thanks for the reply, but I’m on MacOS.

I’m using Tablo Exporter on Ubuntu. The ffmpeg install (through the Synaptic Package Manager) placed the executable in the path /usr/bin/ffmpeg. That is what I initially supplied to Tablo Exporter which now always shows this in its properties line for ffmpeg.

Is this where you downloaded ffmpeg for Mac?

http://www.ffmpegmac.net/

I used the link that Mark supplied. ( on a mac, its not an exe file)

You need to extract, put into a folder like Mark did, then supply the path to that folder in the appropriate line in the gui.

Static build for mac is http://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/

You can get to that from the ffmpeg site. Also on Mac it would not have an .exe at the end :wink: It would just be an executable file named ffmpeg

Thanks. Did all that. Ran Exporter. Found Tablo. LIsted Shows. Selected show. Places info in the Queue. Always fails. ???

When I was having problems running it, I ran it from the command line in a terminal window. I was able to see that a Java package was missing when the error message was written in the terminal window. From a command line:

java -jar TabloExport.jar

I also had to make sure all the executables or binaries referenced had the authority to be executed in their directories by this user.

Thanks for the reply, but I think this is getting a little above my pay grade.

SO you don’t want to figure out what is going on?

And what does fail mean? Fails recording right away?? Then you may not have the proper ffmpeg.

Fail means it fails. The little box says exporting…followed by red “FAILED”. I push Export…there’s no progress bar, there’s no spinning hour glass…There’s NOTHING…BUT THE RESULT SAYS …wait for it…FAILED.

SO (as you put it)…that’s it. I don’t do terminal. I downloaded the File from the site that was suggested. In the folder was a file named…FFMpeg. No descriptors, no version numbers, no identifiers. I used it. It didn’t work.

SOrry, if I seem piqued…but SO be it.

Sorry you are upset, the people on these forums put these things together for free on our own time with the hope that if there are bugs we can get people to help.

Sorry you feel the way you do.

1 Like

You seemed to have missed the point of my response. I wasn’t upset with the folks in this Forum. Most times they are very constructive and very helpful. That’s why I posted in the first place.

I was upset with the comment-

‘So, you don’t want to Figure this thing out.’

Comments like that are not constructive.

Sorry you took that the wrong way, I truly was asking if you wanted help or not.

All’s good. Thanks. I’m trying some things. Anything good happens, I’ll comment.