Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

FYI, I have a version that caches the data on the newer versions of Tablo. The first time will take some time, but after that should be pretty fast. See the following example:

PRE-CACHED DATA-
Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)
Opened database successfully
Total Shows: 456
Time in seconds: 51 seconds.
Time in minutes: 5 minutes.
Time in hours: 0 hours.
DB Connection Closed!
Done Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)

POST-CACHED
Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)
Time in seconds: 2 seconds.
Time in minutes: 0 minutes.
DB Connection Closed!
Done Loading Data for Estep Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)

Of course as always, this is beta but give it a shot if you want :wink:

http://jettsoft.com/test/tabloexporter.zip

Anyone had a chance to test the new version?

I have used the new one. It extracts just find, however it only finds 4 of my 5 recordings.

The Tablo shows 5 (on Safari and Apple Devices) but the exporter shows only 4. The missing one is 2+ hours long and I am able to watch it . Its the third recording on my tablo, alphabetically its the first in my OS lists.

On a mac, OS 10.2.1., 2 tuner table 2.2.10

Much better @Jestep!

1 Like

On my Ubuntu machine I had to add this to make it run (to get JavaFX added to the OpenJDK\OpenJRE 8):

sudo apt-get install openjfx

Ran OK listing all the shows (300 of them) except one, exported those I wanted OK. Got this error message on that single exception\show (from PBS):

Loading Data for Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.10 build: 1615114) (Model: Dual tuner)
Error getting data for Down the Dixie Highway -
h**p://192.168.1.19:18080/pvr/238261
JSONObject[“description”] not a string.

Interesting, it must be some data that has some funky character in there.

Ok edited this whole post…

Is this a manual recording or a episodic showing?

Ok, I just uploaded another version to http://jettsoft.com/test/tabloexporter.zip

This should print out some more info on the error so I can see what the data looks like.

Error getting data for Down the Dixie Highway -
h**p://192.168.1.19:8885//recordings/series/episodes/238586
JSONObject[“description”] not a string.:{“background_image”:{“image_id”:214385,“has_title”:true},“cast”:null,“tms_series_id”:“11996638”,“awards”:null,“tms_id”:“SH022386700000”,“description”:null,“episode_runtime”:5400,“cover_image”:{“image_id”:214384,“has_title”:true},“title”:“Down the Dixie Highway”,“orig_air_date”:“2015-08-18”,“thumbnail_image”:{“image_id”:214383,“has_title”:true}}

Manual recording - a PBS special chosen just once from the guide.

Ahh, description is NULL

Oh manual, that gives me a lot more to go on. Thanks!

Uploaded a fix for that… Now let’s see if it can get all the way through that.

Using the same link for the test zip as above? Did that and same error for build 1615114.

It shouldn’t have done the same exact error as I check for null on description on manual recording.

Where is the zip file for the new version? I downloaded from the same link as above and got those same results.

It looks like I have to a complete reinstall every time a recording is missing from Tablo Exporter’s list. I am running 0.07 build 106 on my mac. I’m also finding that the export seems to be a lot slower with the download from note 807. So far I have installed this from scratch 4 times today.

You don’t have to install from scratch, since there is not install anyway :wink:
If you are talking the time it takes to populate, yes it is because we have to change the way we pull the data from Tablo. But, this version caches the data after the initial load.

As I said above:

PRE-CACHED DATA-
Time in seconds: 51 seconds.
Time in minutes: 5 minutes.
DB Connection Closed!

POST-CACHED
Time in seconds: 2 seconds.
Time in minutes: 0 minutes.
DB Connection Closed!

I am looking at the other issue now

If you are not seeing all the shows run the program from command line as java -jar (the path to the jar file)\ or / depending on os TabloExport.jar -debug

ok http://jettsoft.com/test/tabloexporter.zip

paste the entire error in a private message to me

Worked OK today - no errors. Thanks.

Yes, what I meant is that I would unzip it again and run from the new folder. When I ran a second time from the same folder is when programs would disappear. It appears that it only found them when it built the db, but not when it updated it on subsequent runs.

I only keep a few files, my routine is to export them daily then delete on tablo. I wonder if those with large list of programs even notice a file or two might be missing from the list?

The only reason I found some files missing (two actually) is that I ran the program in terminal mode which showed files (246 of them) on the Tablo but 2 not picked up for export due to missing elements. Error messages were showing for them in the terminal box that don’t show up in the GUI screens.

The reason I ran the program in terminal mode was that I was getting a Java error initially (missing Java package) and wanted to see what I was missing on my computer from the Java installation. Otherwise I might not have detected the two missing shows.