Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

Yea, it will mean a lot more coding that I am not currently doing and you could use other processes to do that ;)

True but I like where you are going with this app …  :-)

Btw dont know if you saw it but I mentioned above there seems to be an audio sync issue with the result file … I am watching a video now (and I tried with several alternate players) where the video is off by a second and a half in the downloaded mp4 file. … (if you playback via web or other means using the TABLO apps it plays back fine)… So not sure whats going on with your encoder but you might want to check it.

@ericgus, yes and if you saw my reply above::

@ericgus about the sync issue. This is interesting. I did notice if I was using the computer at the same time doing other stuff it had some issues. Maybe try not doing anything else?

Also, maybe the slow down might help, just not sure I wanted to do that.
This looks great so far! .. exactly what I have been looking for .. but I did notice its chewing up CPU like crazy during the download .. I presume you are "converting" to mp4 in the process.. anyway we can just get the "raw" ts stream dump to a file .. I prefer to convert it to my own preferred formats (one which is a weird divx variant used by our in-car video headrests) and another is a custom AppleTV format I prefer for my Plex server) .. (both of which I already have Handbrake templates for) .. so I wouldnt need or want this tool to convert it since I will be converting it again anyway and I would prefer not to encur even more "loss" to the video if possible.. 

Just what I was going to suggest.  If you stick with raw TS this conversion will be far faster and lossless.  It will also allow further filtering to be done faster and more accurately such as automated commercial removal.  

-Rodger

@marjamar like I said, there are other ways to download the ts files. No plan on adding that into this

@ericgus, yes and if you saw my reply above::

@ericgus about the sync issue. This is interesting. I did notice if I was using the computer at the same time doing other stuff it had some issues. Maybe try not doing anything else?

Also, maybe the slow down might help, just not sure I wanted to do that.

My computer wasnt doing much of anything else … the cpu usage was high but never hit 100% … maybe 75% across all processors… 

@ericgus, yea I am working on it

what I think might be going on is the source TS stream might not be 100% clean and your encoder doesn’t know how to cope with a signal hiccup.

@ericgus, yea I am working on it

no prob … totally understand this is pretty “alpha” software… but it looks great so far… I think you have a great foundation with what you have now.

@ericgus download the newest version see if that fixes the sync issue and the cpu usage.

Thanks!
@marjamar like I said, there are other ways to download the ts files. No plan on adding that into this

OK, thanks.

-Rodger
@ericgus download the newest version see if that fixes the sync issue and the cpu usage.

Thanks!

No didnt change anything but the download too significantly longer.

@ericgus, are you saying CPU was still high? The length of time it takes is due to lowering cpu usage.

I see the sync issue sometime, but not always. Trying to figure it out. I recorded like 5 shows today one had an audio sync issue, but the rest were fine.

@Jestep if nothing else this helped me figure out why the VLC plugin wasnt working … that same corrupt directory with the missing meta.txt file … I fixed it and now its working again so thanks!

Great to see this tool. I have Win7. In my case, shows 2x Tablo units (I only have a single unit, a 4-tuner). When I double-click either, nothing happens. Updated to latest Java.

@hdmkv 

Run it in command line java -jar TabloExport.jar

Let me know if you see any errors?

@hdmkv 

Go to this URL in a browser

https://api.tablotv.com/assocserver/getipinfo/

What you see there is how I get the Tablos

Looks promising. I don’t see any of my manual recordings in my list.

@HarryR that is interesting. I will look into that. I am guessing the meta info looks way different

I tested it with a news show and it worked first time on Windows 7. Easiest setup so far.
The audio slipped on a longer movie

I saved Gotham Episode 18 and at the 33 minute mark the audio was significantly ahead of the video. The degree it was out of sync made it unwatchable. I watched it on the Fire TV directly from the Tablo and the audio was in sync. Must be the conversion process. Going to try a second file now. I shall report back.

Note the computer was not being used for anything else during the transcoding process.