Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

It should work without command line assuming java is still set to open jar files. Maybe set java.exe to open .jar files?

Also, not sure where to point Exporter to for the ffmpeg file

Needs the entire path and the exe, so click on the … to the right of the field and select the ffmpeg.exe file

Ok nothing in Java control panel mentions .jar files. Any other place I should look?

And there are no files with … that I can see in any of the downloads nor any .exe or application files named ffmpeg found with a search. Where else can I look?

If you are on Windows you need to download the binaries http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

Then unzip, or I should say un7zip these files so you can get to ffmpeg.exe

Might help to watch Uncle Dave’s video he was kind enough to do:

I did watch that the other day, well, the first 7 minutes but it was a Tablo demo mostly it appeared. I’ll check the rest.

Yea, have to forward to about 8 min or so

1 Like

No help. I caught he said no windows and then it went right to him showing his recordings. Really need all the steps that lead up to clicking “export video”. It worked before so I just have to figure this out again.

He shows that, forget that it is not windows specific. It is almost identical

that un7zip is a new thing. I know for sure I didn’t do that last time.

Well, windows may open 7zip files. Those ffmpeg binaries are just zipped with a very popular 7zip tool.

You or theuser had me use rar I believe to unzip…different?

I probably did not tell you rar, but yes it could be used as well. I would say first download those windows binaries then see if you can unzip them without another utility

I found the old ffmpeg application file in a back up I had. Restored that and attempting to export. So far it’s working…at 19%. Hopefully it’s playable. I’ll let you know!

1 Like

Ok…success! I can’t make a helpful Windows video unfortunately as it would leave out an important step extracting those three files. Thanks again for walking me through it! I’m hanging on to those files now!

And for the record, the file I downloaded was this. Correct one?

Well, neither can I, I am usually on Mac and I have a virtual Windows box but I only use for testing. But glad you got things going.

No, that is the source.

It would be more like this
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/static/ffmpeg-20151227-git-baf4c48-win64-static.7z

ahh…the link in your post took me to the file in the pic. Well, a big green box that said download I believe so that’s what I downloaded.